The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by wattsy

1. W

Fun with MF images 2024

The Dunstable Downs in Bedfordshire is one of the best locations in the UK for the Duke of Burgundy (Hamearis Lucina) butterfly and, during most of May, it can be found along many of the byways and footpaths that criss-cross the chalk escarpment. All photos with the 907x CFV II 50C and 28P, a...
  2. W

Fun with the Hasselblad 907x

It's Hasselblad themselves that have been calling it a "street" lens and much of the promotional "buzz" at launch reflected that. The weight/size thing is certainly one factor in that description but I also think it is Hasselblad being cautious because the lens has a number of optical quirks...
  3. W

Fun with MF images 2024

907x CFV 50C and 28P. Local woods again.
  4. W

907x 100c - Phocus Mobile 2 - Top Overlay Crops Live View on Ipad

As far as I know you can only adjust brightness. What I have noticed is that, when in the field, the display often looks much more contrasty than it does when viewed indoors in subdued lighting but I haven't found that a problem in practice.
  5. W

Fun with MF images 2024

Local woods. 907x CFV 50C and 28P.
  6. W

Hasselblad's aversion to red dots

I must admit that I too have found the lack of a dot or obvious mark quite annoying. When I change lenses (which isn't actually that often) with a digital camera I like to do it as quickly as possible and trying to find the correct alignment with the XCD lenses can be a little frustrating in the...
  7. W

Fun with MF images 2024

East Inclosures in the New Forest. 907x 50C & 28P.
  8. W

Fun with MF images 2024

Local pond. 907x 50C & 28P
  9. W

Hasselblad 24mm (or 25mm) f2.5V and 135mm f2.5V

Yes, not too bad at all but I think I'm happy with the slower, smaller, lighter and much less expensive 28P, even with the focus shift. 😂
  10. W

Hasselblad 24mm (or 25mm) f2.5V and 135mm f2.5V

You might want to try the 28P on your X1D II before dismissing it for that reason. I too thought that the reported magenta cast might be problematic but I decided to take a small gamble on this lens and, so far, the previously reported cast has been a complete non-issue.
  11. W

Hasselblad XCD 28P Focus Shift

Yes, I do too and the small size and low weight is also a distinct advantage for me (I often take the camera on fairly lengthy hikes). Overall, I'm pleased with the lens so far.
  12. W

Hasselblad XCD 28P Focus Shift

I hope I haven't opened a can of worms by raising the question of focus shift in the other thread earlier today. As I wrote in the other thread, I don't expect perfection from the 28P. It isn't marketed as a landscape lens (the marketing implies that the lens is for urban street shots and the...
  13. W

Fun with MF images 2024

Thanks for doing this. It's interesting you notice some variation. That is my early experience too. What I am now doing is focussing on part of the scene that is at the front of the range of what I want in focus and assuming that the depth of field will largely go backwards from there. Mostly...
  14. W

Fun with MF images 2024

Still getting the hang of the XCD 28P. I like the focal length a lot but I'm not sure if there is some strong focus shift going on when I'm stopped down to F8 or more. I focus manually and feel that the plane of focus (which, incidentally, seems quite curved) becomes shifted back in the actual...
  15. W

Fun with MF images 2024

Went out for a stroll to test my new 28P with a few landscape snaps. I like the focal length more than I thought I would and the lens seems to be very good optically. It handles flare well and the vignetting was less pronounced than I expected. I also haven't noticed any colour cast but I tend...