The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. Analog6

Hassleblad H2 body & HC50-110 $AUD4,000

As I'd really like to have this gone and have the money for Christmas, price is down to $AUD4,000.00 (previously $AUD4,550) Take advantage of my Christmas spirit and get a bargain. All you need to add is a back - either film or digital. No offers please. Details from my previous ad: H2 body...
  2. Analog6

Phase One 645 Camera Rechargeable battery system

Can anyone direct me to US stores that might astock this item? Shopping around for the best price. So far it is £475 ($AUD752) from Teamwork Digital in the UK. I seem to be forever changing the AA batteries in my Mamiya 645DF, and I have yet to find rechargeable AAs that really keep their...
  3. Analog6

Age of HC lenses

Is there any way to tell the date of manufacture of HC lenses from the serial number, as was possible for earlier Hasselblads?
  4. Analog6

Greenish cast in Leaf Aptus 22 raw files

Can any Leaf users recommend the best colour balance to set for a leaf Aptus 22 for landscape work. They are quite green. I have only had it for a couple of days, and am getting good results, but would like a more nuetral colour balance to begin with. I have the Grey balance parameter set to...
  5. Analog6

[FOR SALE] H2 kit with 3 lenses (AUSTRALIA)

I have no idea how to insert a table, so I am putting the items as a screen dump from my Excel spreadsheet. If bought as a kit - price all inclusive $AUD6,500 ONO (some negotiation but no huge drops on this - it's a competitive price) I will pack it all in a yellow Kinchrome case (Pelican...
  6. Analog6

H1/H2 to H4X Upgrade

Anyone thinking of making this upgrade? Or has anyone done it? I am looking into accessing som of my super (I'm 50, after all!) & going for this. Price here in Oz $AUD6,500.00 Also, will my HV90x viewfinder be good enough or do I need to upgrade it too? I hope to get a later back - P45 or...
  7. Analog6

H2 & P20 not communicating

I have a Hasselblad H2 an a PhaseOne P20/H101. I had not used the camera for a while (about a month) and it would not turn on. I initially thought it must be the battery but my friend Brett in Tasmania, who knows my camera and who is a great repairer of cameras, gave me some suggestions to try...
  8. Analog6

I have bitten the bullet for a paid/hosted website

My 'marketing strategy' is still a work in progress but I decided a couple of weeks ago to bite the bullet and pay for a professional hosting site/web setup. I've been using free sites but none came up to my inner vision of how I wanted to present my photography. I have set up a website...
  9. Analog6

Hassie Image Bank use question

I have seen on an Australian seller on ebay the following: Hasselblad BRAND NEW 100GB Image Bank II. My question is can I use this with my H2/P20 back?I like the idea of it but don't know if I have the necessary connections
  10. Analog6

Card Error In P20

I have been having trouble with my card reader and used it yesterday to download some shots from my 16Gb card. All downloaded Ok but when I put it in the back this morning it told me there was a problem and to reformat it in my computer. Do I need a special program to do this? I have an...
  11. Analog6

HC lens compatability with other cameras

I was told by my local agent for Hasselblad that they cannot be used on other camera systems. Is this accurate, does anyone know? I love my HC lenses but was thinking about looking at other MF digital systems.
  12. Analog6

Why no square digital backs any more

Why didn't Hasselblad at least stay with the square format in digital backs? My PhaseOneP20 is square (well 4086x4088, near enough) and I love it, I wondered why all the manufacturers chose to go to rectangular as digi backs evolved and advanced. Is it simply the cost of producing the sensors?
  13. Analog6

Astronomical photography with H2 & P20 - help needed.

I have been out most mornings photographing the planetary conjunctions. As the H2 is not very wonderful at higher ISOs, I have restricted my shooting to ISO 100 & 200. So I really have 2 questions: 1. Is there any way to process higher ISO shots (400-800) so they are not noisy? I have...
  14. Analog6

Question re Upgrading

My current body is the H2, teamed with a PhaseOne P20 back. Now one thing I really love about the P20 is the square sensor, and I see that the ones that came after it are rectangular. However, obviously the higher pixel count is better. How far could I go before I should upgrade the body...
  15. Analog6

Sport - surfing - with MF kit

Now I know I am in the minority using my h2 for sport, but it is not too bad with the f4 210mm lens, it focusses pretty fast and the Continuous focus mode is accurate and sharp (mostly). I get the occasional very arty looking blur, but hey, that happened with the Canon too. I use Aperture...
  16. Analog6

Hasselblad HC f2.8 80mm

The 2.8/80 is the standard lens for the H system. The high-performance design ensures great color correction, a flat image plane, and low distortion. The wide aperture facilitates photography in poor light and provides a bright viewfinder image. A lens suited for almost any task in general...
  17. Analog6

Mamiya DM Systems

I've just come across these models - yes, I now realise it's been around since July 2009 but the prices for them are very reasonable and it looks to be more portable and easy to handle than the blad. And a body/back and 55-110 and 105-250 zoom would be a pretty good kit. Anyone know anything...
  18. Analog6

Who Says Black & White is dead?

PhaseOne has just brought out . . . drrrum rrrolll . . . The Achromatic+ – a 39 megapixel medium format digital camera back that provides wide spectrum black and white images. With it the photographic opportunities are virtually endless. This came about as the growing demise of traditional...
  19. Analog6

Other Aussies on the forum

How many of us are there on these forums, I have come across a few. Particularly interested in seeing who else here is shooting medium format digital. Maybe one day we could organise some meet ups?
  20. Analog6

FOR SALE: Billingham 445 bag, as new (Australia)

I really love this bag and was so pleased when I bought it, but I have found that when it is loaded up it is just too heavy for me to carry. Gives me bad back pains and makes my ankles hurt (I have had both Achilles tendons torn and surgically repaired). So it is very reluctantly for sale. It is...