The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. M

GX80 or Oly E-M1

Having had the GX7, and EM1, and now the GX8, I'd say the GX8 is the hands down best choice overall (at least for me) I personally hated the GX7 EVF and its 16:9 native ratio, which to my knowledge the GX80 retains. The GX8 on the other hand, has the best EVF of any mirrorless body I've owned...
  2. M

Fun with the Leica Q

Really enjoying how the Q AF is quick (and accurate) enough to capture a quick moment like this. Can't say my Ricoh GR or Sony RX1 or A7 series camera's would of caught it. Certainly all good camera's in their own right, that when used correctly can produce great images, but I rather enjoy...
  3. M

First real review of the DPQ2

Samples looks great, but then so the the Merrill's For me, somewhat improved ISO performance doesn't mean much because its still not going to come close to replacing my Sony A7 or even most other APS-C so I think it would still be a tripod camera for me Better battery life is nice too, but...
  4. M

FS: Sony RX1 digital camera, CHEAP

SOLD!!! SOLD!!! SOLD!!!
  5. M

Price drop $2000 This is an amazing camera guys, lets get it sold
  6. M

Weekend sales bump
  7. M

Great condition Sony RX1 digital camera for sale. Awesome Zeiss 35mm f2.0 Sonnar lens paired with Sony's amazing 24mm full frame sensor that fits into a coat pocket. Camera is in very good condition overall though it does show a little bit of "brassing" on the top corner where the strap would...
  8. M

FS: Sony RX1 24meg FF w/ 35mm f2.0 Sonnar $2100

Price drop to $2050. Lets get this thing sold!
  9. M

Eagle eyed viewed happened to notice I didn't have the hot shoe cover included in the pics. It is indeed included.
  10. M

bump (and filled in with black paint)
  11. M

Selling a very good condition Sony RX1, $2100 shipped and paypal'd Comes with original box, battery, cap, charger, manuals, strap, cables and aftermarket screw on lens hood. Its in excellent shape overall though does show a touch of brassing, about 1/4th" long, above the strap eyelet which...
  12. M

Fun with Nikon 1

At web sizes (which frankly is my most typical output size these days) the V1 even stands pretty neck and neck with my Sony RX1, unless I'm shooting the RX1 for shallower DoF or in very low light or printing large. V1 (6.7-13mm) [URL=http://imageshack.com/i/j63u21j/] Sony RX1 (35mm)...
  13. M

Fun with Nikon 1

V1 and the N1 system in general is pretty awesome. After having invested in some glass for it I'd totally buy a V3 if Nikon (hopefully) rolls one out. More you shoot it, better the system becomes [URL=http://imageshack.com/i/5jb7w1j/] [URL=http://imageshack.com/i/mvznznj/]...
  14. M

AF speed Fuji X100(s) vs. Ricoh GR

X100s is faster, X100 is on par with the GR, although I found my GR to not always be that accurate on lower contrast subjects and in lower light levels. The MF and snap focus features are great, and many love them, but I tend to prefer reliable AF which is one of the main reasons I ended up...
  15. M

Sigma DP2 Merrill shots

Always nice b&w tonality from the Dp2m Old Cabin [URL=http://imageshack.com/i/7ehzwrj/]
  16. M

FS; Sony RX1 w/ EVF

Selling my RX1 with the accessory EVF, boxes etc included for both, plus a generic 49mm lens hood. $2550 paypal'd and shipped (US only at this time)
  17. M

FUN with Ricoh GR!!!

I don't have the DP1m, but rather the 45mm equiv DP2m, so its not really apples to apples with the GR, however, the GR is about on par with any other good 16meg camera, like a Fuji XE-1 or m4/3. Nice sharp images edge to edge from the very good lens, and decent, but not class leading high ISO...
  18. M

Fun with the RX-1

Some fun playing with the in-camera watercolor and HDR painting modes while walking down Ocean Blvd. in South Beach, Miami 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
  19. M

Fun with the RX-1

Beach on Grand Turk
  20. M

Sigma DP3M

Few (slightly late perhaps) thoughts on the Gigapan units.... The Merrill's (not SD1 of course) will actually work on the slightly lighter and cheaper normal Gigapan Epic, don't really need the 100 as you can get the button pusher part high enough to work with the Epic. I've had the Epic 100...