The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. P

My 500px ISO feature - One Photographer's Quest to Capture Chicago Above the Fog

My feature on 500px ISO came out today! Enjoy and Share if you like it everyone! :) Shot with Sony and Nikon cameras over the past 3+ years. Click here for 500px ISO - One Photographer's Quest to Capture Chicago Above the Fog
  2. P

Higher iso vs IBIS?

Hi yes, the exif is there for all to see. Sorry about the typo on the ISO, once it get up into the k range I'm not as accustom to the values, it should be 25.6k I'd have preferred to shoot it a stop lower in ISO if I had time to set it up, but as the skyline was approaching quickly on our...
  3. P

Higher iso vs IBIS?

I have both as well as the a7r. The a7s and a7ii purchases were for difference specific purposes. The a7s is a specific tool that can't be replaced by any other camera at this point. For High iso as everyone pointed out it is unparalleled, but is also has not only the electronic first curtain...
  4. P

WTB: Sony FE 35mm F2.8

I have one Mike, sent you a PM about it.
  5. P

The Sony A7II

The new grip looks like it will fix one my complaints to Sony when evaluating the A7r, you simply can't use a hand grip on the body. I had the Sony hand grip with my A7r and the sony hand grip strap. If you strapped it to the grip and up to the upper strap ear it pinned your hand to where it...
  6. P

9/11 Memorial

It is strange finally seeing it open Guy. I stayed at the World Center hotel that is in your first picture 4 years ago exactly and shot this. I remember thinking back then how slow the progress had gone as this was shot 9 years after already. Ground Zero by PeteTsai, on Flickr
  7. P

Portrait lighting in bright sunlight?

Your intuition is a good one to go with, generally if I can make a background work shooting with the sun to my subjects back I will, it provides a nice and free rim light for hair and body and depending on the intensity it will usually match the ambient exposure fairly well if its bright out...
  8. P

Sigma 18-35 1.8 zoom for APS

Guy, didn't Canon make a 28mm f1.8 EF lens? That might be something to test the sigma against.
  9. P

Fun With Sony Cameras

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 and A7r series Yup!
  10. P

Fun With Sony Cameras

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 and A7r series Haven't post here in a while... Been travelling all around Asia but when I got back home we were having some spectacular weather in Chicago. All shot with the A7r, Enjoy! Cloud Chicago by PeteTsai, on Flickr Standing tall above the clouds by PeteTsai...
  11. P

Fun With Sony Cameras

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 and A7r series A little concert photography fun with the A7r @ iso6400 and Kipon Tilt-Shift Adapter with 24mm and 105mm Nikon lenses. Obi Soulstar - "Afrorock Religion" @ Martyrs by PeteTsai, on Flickr Obi Soulstar - "Afrorock Religion" @ Martyrs by PeteTsai, on...
  12. P

Remove Lugs from Contax 645

I would just buy some black sugru, mold it over the lugs and call it a day. Its going to protect you from them and not create potential for issues from having a gaping hole in the body.
  13. P

Fun with the RX-1

Couple of RX1 snaps on approach into LGA.. Polar Manhattan by PeteTsai, on Flickr Polar Midtown by PeteTsai, on Flickr
  14. P

Using a medium format lens on the Sony A7r

MF on a small frame camera for me was about price. I have an 80mm f2.8 and 50mm f4 Zeiss with Tilt adapter (to Nikon) that cost under $400 all in. I really like the zeiss glass and having them tilt provides a much better solution then lens baby would.
  15. P

Fun With Sony Cameras

Re: Fun with the A7/7R A little street fashion while out at Fashion Week last week.. A7r with the 55mm f1.8 FE Street Fashion - Fashion Week 2014 by PeteTsai, on Flickr A7r with the 55mm f1.8 FE Street Fashion - Fashion Week 2014 by PeteTsai, on Flickr A7r with the 55mm f1.8 FE Street...
  16. P

A7r at 2014 Fashion Week NYC

Thanks everyone! The lighting was good enough for 1/500th f4 to 5.6 at ISO800 to 1000. I was shooting that after having caught a red eye early in the day so I was pretty exhausted and was just getting used to the camera and the lens combo. With the LA-EA4 the AF was competent, the hardest...
  17. P

A7r at 2014 Fashion Week NYC

Decided to try and shoot all Sony for Fashion week, leaving my Nikon d800e at home for this trip.. Had the A7r + grip, along with the 70-200g + LA-EA4 and 55mm f1.8 FE for these shots although I did have the 35mm f2.8 and 24-70mm f4 FE on hand as well during the week. Laurel Dewitt at Fashion...
  18. P

Sony FE 70-200 f4

I would have found this lens perfect for runway last week. 70-200 at f4 would have been idea as I'm shooting f4-5.6 mostly. Instead I used the 70-200G f2.8 with LAEA4 that worked fine albeit with a great deal more weight. I really wish they would sell nano and non-nano coated lenses as the...
  19. P

Sony A7r AF Illuminator/Low light manual focusing legacy lenses/strobes etc.

Turn the Live View setting effect OFF if you are in studio with strobe lighting, also have modelling lights on to help. Having the effect ON will simulate what the real time exposure is, which will be way too dark to black. Have the setting off and if you really want to see what the expected...