The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. E

New Lighting System Coming Soon

I'd be a little concerned since this is apparently this is one of they guys who did a Kickstarter last year to start a Priolite distributorship in the U.S. and never fulfilled all of the orders.
  2. E

Nikon Glass-105mm f2 DC AF-D + 35mm 1.4 AF-S G Both mint

Interested in the 105 PM sent.
  3. E

Collapsible beauty dishes.

I'm a big fan of the Chimera 24-inch collapsible dish (it's possible to get a Lighttools grid for that). I also have the 30-inch dish (haven't bought a grid for that yet). That being said, I also own a 33-inch Cheetah folding dish with a silver interior (similar to the Phottix) that has a little...
  4. E

Jinbei HD-II 600 HSS flash/strobe how to trigger HSS

Just saw this. I have a Rovelight as well (extremely fragile proprietary trigger -- I'm on my second one). I've used a Pocketwizard TT1 and TT5 to trigger the strobe (yeah, that costs almost as much as the strobe). If you shoot Canon or Nikon, it's also possible to use a Godox Cells IIN or Cells...
  5. E

Elinchrom Quadra adapter

Well I've never had an issue with the plastic breaking, I have had problems with the metal bending. Meanwhile Elinchrom finally recognized the issue and came up with the Quadra Adapter Mark II. FotoFlits - Ranger Quadra Reflector Adapter MK-II Not yet available in the U.S. it is available from...
  6. E

Elinchrom updates the Quadra....

They're a rebadged version of the Godox RS600P. There have been improvements made to the head since it was introduced and also a reworked circuit board in the pack. I gathered that from Edward Tang at Cheetahstand.com, who's been trying to import those into the U.S. For a while now. (He still...
  7. E

Elinchrom updates the Quadra....

So it's not a TTL/HSS Quadra to directly compete with the B1 and B2... ELINCHROM - Products https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrRi1fi0c0A But Elinchrom did goose an extra 24 watts out of the unit and the video suggests that the new units have better weather sealing. And a newer Skyport system...
  8. E

Profoto B2

I follow the Flashhavoc web site and apparently yet another China-based manufacturer, Cononmk, has four wireless TTL triggers for its K4T strobe under development --Canon, Nikon, and the new and old Sony shoes. How far along this is -- and it's availability outside of eBay (they use Comet mount...
  9. E

Elinchrom Profoto Speedring?

Vistek won't ship Elinchrom gear to the U.S. I've tried twice -- most recently with the new Quadra Mark II brackets -- I had to buy from the eBay vendor is Israel too.
  10. E

Phottix Pro Indra360/500 TTL

Between Profoto staking out the high-end TTL/HSS end of the market and Phottix positioning itself roughly half the cost, it's an interesting time. Though I wonder if the 250 watt B2 will be more powerful that the 360 watt Indra. Some of those good reviews of the Indra 500 TTL have noted that the...
  11. E

Profoto B2

Guy, how much more punch are you getting with the 500 watts (B1s I'm guessing) that you're using now vs. your old Quadra system? (The pack I bought from you is doing wonderfully by the way -- updated it with a lithium battery.) Given the desire for subjects to be photographed at or near sunset...
  12. E

A thank you note

I agree, both on the buying and selling front this is an outstanding place (and i expect the new classifieds will be as well).
  13. E

AF speed Fuji X100(s) vs. Ricoh GR

I rented both an X100 and X100S for an A-B comparison before opting to buy a used X100. Focus definitely faster on the X100S -- write speed for raw files also significantly faster.
  14. E

Attach Hensel Beauty Dishes to Elinchrom RQ Hybrid S Flash Head

You'd need some sort of adapter and bracket (similar to the approach Mola has taken, or the newer Lastolite Ezybox II). From personal experience, the Quadra head could not support the 21 inch Lastolite softbox with the disc Lastolite Quadra adapter. It does work well with a 12-inch beauty dish...
  15. E

Paul Buff thoughts

Nice image. I have a VML that I use @ the beach on occasion (when not using Quadras) but while the beach presents itself with one kind of "wet" issue, snow is a little different. Were you just securing the VML to the stand, or did you have it shielded from occasional bits of flying moisure in a...
  16. E

FS: Nikkor 70-200mm F/2.8 VR Lens

Googled Payza nothing good anywhere about it. Switch to Paypal and I'd consider it. But not Payza.
  17. E

Diffuser over Beauty Dish?

It's been my experience that the light with a sock (both 22-inch Mola an 17-inch Eli dish) is almost as soft as a soft box but with a touch more punch.
  18. E

BOUGHT: 43, 49 UV-IR filters

Re: WTB: 43, 49 UV-IR filters I know I have a 43mm thread filter at home but I can't remember if it's a UV or a UVIR. I'll check and let you know after I get home, if you haven't found another seller.
  19. E

SOLD Panasonic 14-45 lens.

I've done business with Kit, great guy/buyer -- if you guys can work out a stateside delivery, all the better!
  20. E

FS 50 F2 M Summicron, variety of filters

Bump, will entertain offers before heading to ebay.