The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. D

Hy6, more lives than a cat

I do as well, although have precious little free time these days to shoot either. I got into the Hy6 system about 7 years ago, and still think it is a great system that was all but abandoned by those who created it. I shoot whatever slide, negative, or b&w film I can get my hands on through it...
  2. D

Another MF maker died today - DHW bankrupt.

The reasons I went with a Hy6 are autofocus, metering, and the analog / digital capability. I have a 501CM as well, but I don't use it much. I like to keep it around when I'm feeling like going "all-in" on analog - no batteries or electrics in that camera at all, a purely mechanical joy to use...
  3. D

Interesting. I am impressed that Eric managed to bring an official Rollei presence to the U.S. It would be interesting to see a digital capable TLR that's for sure! I've had a few of my lenses fixed by Onick at Rollei & Hensel here in NJ. I spoke to the guy running the place a few times but...
  4. D

Just found out about DHW, not very surprised at the outcome. As a fully invested Hy6 owner though (50, 80, 180 AFD, 110 and 80 f/2.0, Credo 80 and 6x6 film back), I gotta say, I wouldn't trade it for the world. Some of these other systems may be more fully integrated, that's true, but none of...
  5. D

Considering the HY6

+1 on the congrats - you will love the system! I unfortunately have not had the time the past half year or so to get my system out, but decided to check in here to see what the latest was. Really, really glad to see we have an official U.S. dealer now for Hy6 / Rollei gear!
  6. D

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Finishing up some upgrades to our patio... great excuse to put the Hy6 + Credo 80 to work with only available light (and very minute traces of sunset in the background). Oh... AFD 50mm @ f/11, ISO 100.
  7. D

Rollei... 6008 AF or Hy6

I'm not too concerned about the Hy6 being discontinued. DHW have solidified the licensing issues over the camera and have come out with the Mod 2 version, so things are alive and well for the time being. (and the Mod 2 upgrade, to me, is well worth it, if for no other reason than the grip feels...
  8. D

Rollei... 6008 AF or Hy6

Not to my knowledge, and just finding a Rollei mount version of this lens is a challenge. But I did manage to track one down several months ago and am blown away by the images it produces. Truly an outstanding performer, gorgeous bokeh. Regarding the temptation to switch platforms, I know I've...
  9. D

Rollei... 6008 AF or Hy6

I was in exactly the same situation two years ago, wanting 6x6, film, AF, with the potential to add-on digital later. Two years later, I am fully invested in what I consider to be a very robust and complete Hy6 setup. Shooting film - no problem with the 6x6 or 6x4.5 backs. Shooting digital - no...
  10. D

The Free Ride (such as it was) has ended

New Jersey will be added to that list from Amazon later this summer. :( The writing is on the wall folks, stock up now before the holiday is over!
  11. D

Portfolios on an iPad - How do you get them there?

Nice... Foliobook looks like a good app. I had looked at ZenFolio a while back but they haven't updated their app in well over a year, nor does it look like it has the level of customization for layout that Foliobook does. I've stuck it out with the built-in Photos app and syncing from Aperture...
  12. D

Rollei HY6 mod2

Funny you should ask! I _just_ received my shutter release cable when I got my Mod2 upgraded Hy6 back a couple of days ago. I still have not had a chance to actually use it, but it is great quality. You can purchase from DHW directly in Braunschweig.
  13. D

Phase One IQ260, IQ280, and Achromatic - 11 Things to Know

You know what the best part about knocking over a bank is right? The money is tax free! :ROTFL::ROTFL: (sorry... I'm enduring quite a bit of tax pain after 2012's purchase spree :chug: )
  14. D

Phase One IQ260, IQ280, and Achromatic - 11 Things to Know

IMO, the Credo backs lack quite a bit feature-wise compared to the IQs. But, I am still not willing to part with my Credo 80 + Hy6 combo, unless Phase comes out with a suitable replacement for that system. And even then... well... it's been two years now, and I'm pretty far along in investing in...
  15. D

Experience with CF 39 or 50 back on Rollei hy6?

I don't believe either of these backs is compatible with the Hy6. However, if you are looking to kill two birds with one stone (assuming those birds are film and digital), the Hy6 would be right up your alley. :thumbup: I've kept my 501CM for sentimental reasons, but day to day exclusively use...
  16. D

Rollei Alert! New Coco Chanel TV Ad

I was actually hoping that, after she "escaped", that she was going to turn around and point the Hy6 back at the photog, but alas! :toocool:
  17. D

Hy6 Upgrade to Hy6 Mod2

Welcome Johannes! It is great to see an official representative of DHW here on the forums! I've been very busy lately, and just have not had the time for my Hy6 and recent addition - Leaf Credo 80. But I have been wanting to do the upgrade for quite a few months, it's just completely slipped my...
  18. D

5300 dpi Plustek 120 Scanner in November

I am quite anticipating this scanner myself, but will wait and see if it really outshines the Epson V700 I use today (with betterscanning glass holder).
  19. D

Capture One 7 - It's doubled my MPixels!

Hold on folks - FUD alert here. I think what 6x7 is concerned about is whether or not v6 files will render correctly in their unmodified state in v7. If I'm mistaken I apologize, but that's how I read the post. I know in Aperture whenever Apple upgrades the RAW processing algorithm that you...
  20. D

DHW - Rolleiflex Hy6 Version 2

I have a Credo back on order from CI - latest ETA I have heard is mid-November.