The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. G

My new camera bag.

To replace 6 year old similar which was starting to look its age. Will also hold folding umbrella, iPad mini, Rohan icepack jacket which folds away into its own pocket, 2 bananas, phone and so much more! £6.90 inc. postage and packing.
  2. G

Three Great Exhibitions.

All under one roof at the National Museum of Wales in Cardiff. August Sander. Bernd and Hilla Becher: Industrial Visions. Martin Parr in Wales. I went last month and definitely worth a visit. All free and all on until March 1st.
  3. G

The Queen's Christmas Panto.

Prologue. The cast leave the Palace. ( All cropped soocs with in-camera watercolour mode).
  4. G

It's Fat Cat Thursday!

By lunch-time today the big bosses had earned the equivalent of the average worker's annual salary!!!!! Don't wake me. I'm fast asleep:wtf::banghead:
  5. G

A True Great Turned 101 Today.

David Douglas Duncan. January 23rd. Congratulations and thanks for all the pics!
  6. G

Hey, Mr Tambourine Man.

Take me disappearin' through the smoke rings of my mind Down the foggy ruins of time, far past the frozen leaves The haunted, frightened trees, out to the windy beach Far from the twisted reach of crazy sorrow Yes to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free Silhouetted by the sea...
  7. G

Sixty Years Ago Today.

Rosa Parks sat down on a bus.
  8. G

Another Existential Crisis!

"Waddya wanna do?" "Dunno" "Guess we just sit here 'til the sands of time run out"
  9. G

IPad snaps.

Hello all, Got myself an iPad mini with Retina display. What a delightful toy. Used the camera at the Apple shop in Bath, and it is better, I think, than I expected. Cheers, Gandolfi.
  10. G

Vive La France.

The French Libération newspaper published today with blank spaces where photographs should be to highlight the importance of photography at a time when photojournalists are being laid off while still risking their lives in conflict zones.
  11. G

All Systems Tend to Entropy.

Hello All, Look how I'm slowing down, in little over a year. 1st pic last year of two Hawker Hunters taken July 2011. 2nd pic of two Hawk trainers taken August 2012. Somehow I seem to be at least 1/100sec slower :shocked:. LX3 and RX100, proving it's possible to have an interesting image...
  12. G

It's just one small step for man.....

R.I.P.
  13. G

Today I shot The Queen...

..a bit grainy..:)
  14. G

"Just..

..what is it about Modern Life that makes it so appealing, so different?"
  15. G

A bucketload of Serendip!! WOW.

Hello All, If I live to be a hundred and forty two I doubt if I will get a luckier snap than this. Two Hawker Hunter jet aircraft from 'Team Viper Display' go head to head at a closing speed of six or seven hundred mph at an air display at Kemble last Sunday. With an LX3. Cropped. Cheers...
  16. G

LX3 images.

Hello All, I recently bought an LX3, mainly because I was interested in shooting at higher ISO ratings. I have been using a GX100 for a year, which was a great camera but which wouldn't give a decent image at over 200ASA. These b/w pics were all shot as Jpegs at 1600 ASA in dynamic b/w mode and...