The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. G

Any Old Timers using Fuji GF 35~70 Lens?

I use two camera systems: the GFX 100S and Sony A7RIV. I don't photograph as often as I used to and switching between cameras and menues is frustrating. And to top it off the diminutive 35~70 does not have an F stop Ring. I made this little 3"x4" Cheat sheet to keep in my kit . Maybe it would be...
  2. G

FS Fuji GF 32-64mm lens with caps and shade. Beautiful condition Light Amateur Use.

Fujifilm 32-64mm lens with caps and shade. I am an 87 year old retired Mechanical Engineer and Amateur Photographer. The lens was bought brand new by me and has had a UV filter on it since it was purchased (filter not included). Given light amateur use. This is a beauty. price was $925 starting...
  3. G

FS Fuji GF 32-64mm lens caps and shade like new

Fujifilm 32-64mm lens with caps and shade. I am an 87 year old retired Mechanical Engineer and Amateur Photographer. The lens was bought brand new by me and has had a UV filter on it since it was purchased (filter not included). Given light amateur use. This is a beauty.
  4. G

FS Fuji GF 32-64mm lens caps and shade like new

Fujifilm 32-64mm lens with caps and shade. I am an 87 year old retired Mechanical Engineer and Amateur Photographer. The lens was bought brand new by me and has had a UV filter on it since it was purchased (filter not included). Given light amateur use. This is a beauty. I had it listed on eBay...
  5. G

Restore old faded photos---Remember Digital ROC?

First: Thanks all for your help. Here is where I am. I now have subscription Photoshop 2024, as much as that irks me as CS6 is like a comfortable old shoe, and I own it outright. I still have it on my PC along with CS5, all with legacy plug-ins. I realize PS 2024 can probably duplicate the...
  6. G

Restore old faded photos--remember Digital ROC?

First: Thanks all for your help. Here is where I am. I now have subscription Photoshop 2024, as much as that irks me as CS6 is like a comfortable old shoe, and I own it outright. I still have it on my PC along with CS5, all with legacy plug-ins. I realize PS 2024 can probably duplicate the...
  7. G

I meant 32 GB RAM, which I have found sufficient for Photoshop CS 5 and CS6, which I also have on my PC. Thanks Dave
  8. G

Robert: I meant 32 GB RAM. My graphics card is XFX Radeon HD5750 1 GB. My system was custom built by Puget Systems to be suitable for Photoshop. It is now, however "long in the tooth" as they say. I ordered it April 2011, so it is now 13 years old, but it feels like an old shoe. I know it's...
  9. G

At age 87 I decided to bite the bullet and purchase a yearly subscription to Photoshop, as all this AI hoopla interested me. I do often mask out foregrounds of my seascapes and put in another sky . I have a big collection of many different skies to call on. Masking foregrounds is tedious, and...
  10. G

At age 87 I decided to bite the bullet and purchase a yearly subscription to Photoshop, as all this AI hoopla interested me. I do often mask out foregrounds of my seascapes and put in another sky . I have a big collection of many different skies to call on. Masking foregrounds is tedious, and...
  11. G

An old friend posted an image on Facebook of himself with siblings and Dad and uncle. He is about 12 in the photo. I graduated from high school 69 years ago and have not seen him since. The image was color but has faded badly and the color is screwed up (different color layers I assume fade...
  12. G

An old friend posted an image on Facebook of himself with siblings and Dad and uncle. He is about 12 in the photo. I graduated from high school 69 years ago and have not seen him since. The image was color but has faded badly and the color is screwed up (different color layers I assume fade...
  13. G

Sony A7/A7r with old lenses

I owned that lens along with the Meyer 100 mm Trioplan. This was around 1958 and I knew nothing about “Bokeh”. They were in Practica screw mount to fit a Practica FX camera.
  14. G

Love the bokeh! Well done
  15. G

Fun with MF images 2024

No snow this year so I dug out some old, never processed files and worked on them today. GFX 100S 1/320 sec, f14, 32-64mm lens at 33mm, ISO 400. Dave in NJ
  16. G

I owned that exact same lens! It came with my Practica of around 1958 or so. Preset diaphragm screw mount. I only had two lenses at the time, the other lens was a Meyer 100mm Primoplan. Wish I still had both. Dave in NJ Dave in NJ
  17. G

Fun with Sony Cameras 2024

Very Civilized.
  18. G

These are gorgeous! I love snow but lately we have not gotten any snow to speak of (Southern NJ sea coast) Last one I especially love. Well done. Dave in NJ
  19. G

A7RIV, Sony 200-600mm lens at 280mm f8 1/400 second, monopod. Dave in NJ