The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. Armanius

The Leica T - Impressions and Images

I had to look up "ultracrepidarian"!!!
  2. Armanius

FE lens pricing seems like a bargain now!! :)
  3. Armanius

Nice write up Jono! Thank you! I'm actually somewhat enthusiastic about the T. The enthusiasm is dampened by the pricing, which is expected. But the price of the lenses hurts more than forking out $1800 for the body. Optically perfect glass is great. But psychologically for me, it's hard to...
  4. Armanius

Fun with the 28-70mm

No longer have the kit zoom, but here's my contribution with some oldies!
  5. Armanius

Sony 24-70 F4 Lens

Focus shift on CDAF? Wow.
  6. Armanius

A7/r Focus Magnifier Patch Size

It sure would! The GXR with M module had a PIP. I think some Panasonic's do as well.
  7. Armanius

Wides for A7R

Thanks for the photos! Think the Ultron 21/1.8 would do similarly on the A7?
  8. Armanius

A7/r Focus Magnifier Patch Size

You mean, like a picture in picture mode? I do not believe such a feature exists (unfortunately).
  9. Armanius

Nikon Df

Thanks Graham. I assume that this focus aid is only possible with the newer lenses with electronic contacts?
  10. Armanius

Nikon Df

Is there some type of indicator that lights up if the DF thinks you have manually achieved focus? And how accurate is the aid? Thank you for your help Graham. I really appreciate it.
  11. Armanius

Nikon Df

Anyone please? Thank you!
  12. Armanius

Nikon Df

Does the DF have a focus confirmation aid when manually focusing -- including when using older Nikkor manual focus only lenses?
  13. Armanius

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

Re: Fun with the Fuji X-E1 My XE1 should arrive tomorrow (or rather, today). I was an early adopter of the XPro1, returned it after the aperture blade chatter annoyed me too much. But meaning to re-get the XPro1 (when the chatter was resolved) for a while until the XE1 came along. Hopefully...
  14. Armanius

Fun with MM DNG files - 2 - The Girl with the Shawl

Awesome variations of an awesome photo to begin with! Well done Jono and everyone else. Most fun I've ever had with looking at the same photo over and over again. The details are amazing.
  15. Armanius

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

@Joe -- stunningly good street photos! Love them all!
  16. Armanius

Thanks goodness for GetDPI

I recommend SeriousCompacts.com too as one of the last bastions of civility!
  17. Armanius

Studio Samples with Adobe RAW support

It is strange that the JPG's looked sharper than the RAW's at equivalent ISO. And in terms of noise, there really wasn't much of a difference between JPG and RAW. Could Fuji be applying noise reduction to the RAW files, but not sharpening? I don't think Steve slammed the auto focus speed of the...
  18. Armanius

Fun w/Digital M Images

Awesome!!!! Well done Joe!
  19. Armanius

FAST 50mm FOR M9

I use it as 50 Lux-Asph. Sometimes, I use it as the pre-asph version.
  20. Armanius

FAST 50mm FOR M9

Congrats!!! I haven't had much of a glare issue with the Nokton 50/1.5. So I would hold off on buying the hood, and just use the short screw-on hood. The lens cap goes over the screw-on hood, so you'll likely be keeping the short screw-on hood on all the time.