The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. Armanius

Luigi case and straps - questions!

I've been wanting to splurge on a nice strap and a new case. But Luigi's website is more confusing than a maze. I must have spent a couple of hours trying to figure out what different types of cases he offers. What options and add-ons he offers on a case. What colors are available in a...
  2. Armanius

Nokton 35/1.4 Classic - underrated?

When people discuss fast 35's, the Nokton 35/1.4 Classic is either forgotten or an after thought. Instead, the discussion is generally focused on the Summilux, Summicron, Biogon, and the Nokton 35/1.2. Even the Skopar 35/2.5 gets more love than the Classic. The Classic was actually my first M...
  3. Armanius

50 Lux arrived - couple of quick photos!

After two years of using CV lenses on my M9, which are great performers by the way, I went nuts and was able to get a new 50 Lux with a trusty Leica dealer (and avoid the price gouging from used Lux's selling for $4500+). I've never owned a Leica lens other than an used 90 Cron (pre-asph) that...
  4. Armanius

K-5, microadjustment, and auto focus accuracy

Hello fellow Pentaxians! I am trying to learn how to deal with front focusing and back focusing that I seem to encounter quite often with the K-5 and a variety of lenses that I've used so far. I'm not sure if inaccurate AF is a result of the camera, the lens, or both. So here are a few...
  5. Armanius

My DA*55 is here!!

After the bad experience with the DA15 and DA18-135, I finally satisfied my LBA by getting the DA55. Did a couple of quick tests on a piece of paper under natural lighting to test the AF, and it seems to be fairly accurate. The lens is pretty well built. Not as nice looking as a Ltd or the...
  6. Armanius

AF troubles with 18-135

Has anyone encountered AF problems with the 18-135? I'm in the Vegas airport now with very good lighting. The lens AF perfectly at 18 and 135. In between the widest and longest, it refuses to AF from time to time. Haven't totally pin pointed the situation in which it refuses to AF. I know for...
  7. Armanius

Photozone's Pentax 18-135 review - ouch!

Anyone read the review yet? http://www.photozone.de/pentax/597-pentax_18135_3556 After having seen the sample photos from various users in this forum, I can't fathom the 18-135 being as bad as Photozone's assessment. And Photozone's sample lens was supposedly per specs. Just way weird.
  8. Armanius

K5 is here, first impressions, and first few photos!

Hello everyone! The K5 arrived on Thursday and I had a chance to take a few photos today. I ended up getting three lenses, not two as my other thread originally suggested. Thanks for all the recommendation folks. So without delay, the three lenses are ... DA21, FA43 and FA100 WR! I am super...
  9. Armanius

Set on Pentax K5, but which two lens combo to get?

Hello everyone! Wanted to get your thoughts on this. I've posted this in the PentaxForums.com as well. ====== I'm set on getting the K5. But now comes the usual dilema of which lenses to get. I like to shoot street and take candids of strangers. However, I'm not one of those people with...