The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. M

Withdrawn: Fuji GX680III system - $2000

Re: Fuji GX680III system - $2000 Bump! $1750 net to me, and it's yours.
  2. M

I'm having a terrible headache - can someone please help

I agree - sounds like it needs a visit to Canon. Did you buy it new, or second-hand?
  3. M

Re: Fuji GX680III system - $2000 Bump! New price: $1750 + paypal fees. All images can be viewed here.
  4. M

Positive Feedback

Seller: ShiroKuro Item: Canon 5DmkII + 50mm 1.8 + 4gb CF, original boxes Comments: Charles is a great, honest, helpful seller. Smooth transaction!
  5. M

Canon 17-40L and 16-35L lenses

I've been doing some reading on DxO's Optics Pro software for optical geometry corrections as well as RAW conversion and noise reduction, etc. It seems (on paper, at least) to be a pretty capable package, especially for architecture/interiors/landscape photographers. Looks like it'll do a lot...
  6. M

Building a System with Movements

Hi Jim, If you can drive to whatever it is you're shooting (and thus if weight isn't a big deal), then you have a lot of options. If you're looking to carry this setup out into the woods in a backpack, you have to spend a bit more coin. What are your limitations in terms of...
  7. M

Re: Fuji GX680III system - $2000 Bump with new images: Many more images can be seen at http://www.dropbox.com/gallery/130357/1/gx680?h=69c11a Not pictured but included: the original manual and Tamrac bag that safely and easily fits the entire system :) $2000 CAD + paypal...
  8. M

Lee filters or B&W filters?

As mentioned, the Lee system is a totally different experience from regular screw-in filters. Personally, I've had good results with both B+W and Heliopan filters, both ND and polarizers. Both brands use brass (much less chance of binding than cheap filters), and have good optical quality...
  9. M

xrite - new profiler software

I'd love to hear people's opinions and experiences with this. I'm currently using Coloreyes Display Pro with a DTP94.
  10. M

Re: Fuji GX680III system - $2000 Bump!
  11. M

Hello! I've got a Fuji GX680III system for sale. In case you're not familiar, it's a very well built, well featured MF SLR system with leaf shutter lenses, a rotating back system, and bellows focusing. The front standard offers compound swings/tilts/shifts in any direction. I purchased it...
  12. M

Food Photography Tips?

Not sure if this topic is dead, but I wanted to chime in with some encouragement. There are certain times when food needs to be lit with 'crisp' or 'hard' light, but if you're looking to mimic the style of cookbooks and cooking magazines, soft, reflected light is the way to go. I used to assist...
  13. M

Alpa iPhone Viewfinder - first field trip experience

This all looks fantastic - the iPhone setup, the camera, and the location too. Thanks for sharing!
  14. M

Sharpening for the web for MF

I like Godfrey's sharpening summary: input > creative > output, in three stages. Whether you do your input sharpening as part of your RAW workflow or through photoshop (or a plugin), it's still a necessary step in order to properly evaluate and edit your photos. When compared with film...