The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. fordfanjpn

X100 images thread...let's get this party started....

That's a beautiful bass! Nice score.
  2. fordfanjpn

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

A Charlie Christian pickup in a Thinline Tele. I bet that sounds great!
  3. fordfanjpn

Fuji new firmware for X-T1 Version 4.0

I notice in the video that there are certain "recommended lenses" for each of the new features. I wonder if that means that those features either won't work or won't work as well with lenses other than the ones that are recommended. I certainly don't have a few grand to spend on new lenses to...
  4. fordfanjpn

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

X100T. Raw file processed in Lightroom and Silver Efex Pro.
  5. fordfanjpn

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

First two snaps with the X100T on my way home from the camera store. Classic Chrome, ooc jpeg, transferred to iPhone via wifi. Gonna have some fun now!;) Bill "][/URL]
  6. fordfanjpn

XF 18-135mm

I bought the 18-135. It's a great lens but it does make the camera feel too big and heavy for walking around with. Especially with the grip on it. If I'm going out specifically to shoot something, then it works, but what I normally want is a camera that I can just carry around with me for street...
  7. fordfanjpn

New Fuji X30 - thoughts?

I already found a home for my X20 and I'll be getting the X30 when it comes out later this month. My Fuji family will be: XQ1, X30, X100S and X-T1.
  8. fordfanjpn

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

I prefer this one. Bill
  9. fordfanjpn

23mm lens or Fuji XT-1

I feel your pain. I have the X-T1 and absolutely love it. But I also want that 23mm! Bill
  10. fordfanjpn

New 18-135 lens

Thanks. I like it so far, but I still have a lot to experiment with. Bill
  11. fordfanjpn

New 18-135 lens

I picked this up yesterday and took it out for a walk with the X-T1 on the first sunny day we've had in quite a while. Apparently I have a bit more learning to do to get the best from this lens, but so far I think it's a keeper. Here are a couple of quick shots from yesterday. Bill And...
  12. fordfanjpn

Fun with the tiny Fuji XQ1...

I have one. I use it a lot to take pictures of bands when I go to jam seasons. It has replaced the RX100, which takes better pics but is not a good performer in low light. For what I use it for, I'm very happy with the XQ1. Bill
  13. fordfanjpn

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

What a wonderful capture. I'm always hoping to grab shots like this. I love it! Bill
  14. fordfanjpn

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

Did you check to see if the lens firmware is up to date? I don't have mine with me right now but I don't recall it hunting all that much. I'm sure someone here will comment though. In any case, welcome to the Fuji family! ;-) Bill
  15. fordfanjpn

Steinheil Triplar 50mm f/2.8 on Fuji X-E1

Looking at those pics I can see why you like that lens!! :thumb up: Bill
  16. fordfanjpn

LR 5.4 with X-T1 support has been released!

I'm having the same problem on my new iMac. Importing files seems to take much longer than before. Otherwise it seems to be ok. Bill
  17. fordfanjpn

X-Pro1 grip

It has found a new home. Bill
  18. fordfanjpn

X-Pro1 grip

I traded a bunch of cameras recently and ended up with a grip for the X-Pro1 that I no longer have. If anyone wants it, send me your address and it's yours. First come first serve.
  19. fordfanjpn

Fuji & metabones adapter for Nikon G lenses

Thanks guys. He's still not convinced. I guess the only solution is to buy an adapter and a G lens or two and show it to him. Bill
  20. fordfanjpn

Fuji & metabones adapter for Nikon G lenses

I'm having a running battle with a Nikon friend who insists that since the G lenses have only electronic connections, there is no way to mechanically control the aperture and therefore it's not possible for an adapter to change the aperture in the lens mechanically. I keep telling him that the...