The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. fordfanjpn

New 18-135 lens

I picked this up yesterday and took it out for a walk with the X-T1 on the first sunny day we've had in quite a while. Apparently I have a bit more learning to do to get the best from this lens, but so far I think it's a keeper. Here are a couple of quick shots from yesterday. Bill And...
  2. fordfanjpn

X-Pro1 grip

I traded a bunch of cameras recently and ended up with a grip for the X-Pro1 that I no longer have. If anyone wants it, send me your address and it's yours. First come first serve.
  3. fordfanjpn

Fuji family photo update

Here's the current Fuji family. Hopefully this will be it for a while. I'm quite happy with this little collection. It does everything I want it to do, and then some. Now I wonder what Fuji has up their sleeve for the future. Bill
  4. fordfanjpn

Family portrait

Anybody else this crazy? Bill
  5. fordfanjpn

Anyone need a ThumbsUp for M8?

I no longer have an M8 but I still have the Thumbs Up, in the original box, pretty much unused. It should probably be on someone's camera instead of collecting dust. Anyone want it? Bill
  6. fordfanjpn

X10 coming Oct. 22 in Japan

The price here in Japan will be 70,000 yen, which at the current exchange rate is over $900! I don't get why it's so much more expensive here, but it's a good reason for me not to buy one (at least not in Japan). Bill
  7. fordfanjpn

Quick and sloppy camera comparison

If anyone is interested, I did a real quick, and not very accurate comparison of 5 cameras - GF1, LX3, LX5, NEX5 and DP2. It's just a quick shot of a color chart to see how they looked compared to each other. All I did was set the WB and tweak the EV a little on the raw files. FWIW, the NEX5...
  8. fordfanjpn

I'm a coward, so ...

I have a CV Heliar 50/2 that I want to put on my NEX5, but I know if I do, I'll want to collapse it. The question is, can I safely collapse it, or will I screw something up if I do? :confused: Bill
  9. fordfanjpn

LX5 English manual anyone?

I just bought an LX5 here in Japan and I'm looking for an English manual that I can download. I found the basic manual (only 44 pages), but I need the full manual. There are no manuals on the CD, so does anyone have, or have a link to the full English manual? Thanks. Bill
  10. fordfanjpn

NEX5 strap ideas?

I assume that with the strap lugs on the NEX5 mounted vertically instead of horizontally the camera will hang lens down. Since I like to shoot from the belly (I don't have a waist anymore), I'm trying to come up with another way to put a strap on the camera so I can hang it around my neck and...
  11. fordfanjpn

Is it my imagination ...

Or is Lightroom 2.4 doing a better job with the DP2 files? I only played with it for a few minutes, but it does seem to be handling the files better than the last version did. Of course, it could be my imagination! Bill
  12. fordfanjpn

DP2 raw vs jpeg

The full size files are too big to upload, so I'm going to post some 100% crops here. If anyone is interested, I could email the original files. I don't know how much more I can upload here before I reach my limit, but I'll give it a try. Bill
  13. fordfanjpn

DP2 bling

First of all I'd like to thank the lovely and talented Don Ellis for "inspiring" me to spend even more money on camera stuff over the weekend. I think that I am now done. :rolleyes: I had been using an Artisan&Artist case with the DP2, and I really liked the look of the camera in the case...
  14. fordfanjpn

DP2 on safari

I had to post this one. I think it really shows what the DP2 and the Foveon sensor can do. It looks best if you go to my Flickr page and look at it full size. Bill
  15. fordfanjpn

This is really embarrassing!

I know I just bought an LX3 a few days ago, and was kicking myself for doing that. But yesterday I was showing a guy I work with the Lumix catalog and trying to help him pick out a camera for his girlfriend. Unfortunately, the FX-150 caught my eye, so I stopped at my local Yodobashi on the way...
  16. fordfanjpn

Camera Raw 5.4 & DP2

I tried the beta version of Camera Raw 5.4 on the DP2 files, and I found that SPP still does a better job converting the files. I tried to tweak the settings in Camera Raw to get a better conversion, and while I was able to make it better, the SPP conversions were still significantly better...
  17. fordfanjpn

Damn, I did it again!

Look what followed me home last night! I had been looking everywhere for one of these, but nobody had them in stock. Last night I stopped at a local camera store and they had this one used in pristine condition for about $350, so I grabbed it. It came in the box with all the original goodies and...
  18. fordfanjpn

Lunch time

This is one of the street vendors that sell box lunches outside my office building. Does it make you hungry? Bill
  19. fordfanjpn

A couple from the street

I love this girl's shirt. She probably has no idea what the writing on it means. This one was purely accidental. Really! :o
  20. fordfanjpn

Walkin' the streets

Some DP2 shots from yesterday. Bill