The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. Plateau Light

Lens Caps for Lee Adapter Rings / LEE Filters Lens Hoods?

Mine fell off easily. Not much material holding them on for hiking use. I wound up using the ZPro and making lens caps like the P system from white styrene. WAYYY better for dust and backpacking.
  2. Plateau Light

Tricky art reproduction.

You are dealing with a reactive original. With that in mind there is no exact reference to use as it will looks different in different lights and angles of incidence. The basic tips outlined above are good however the metallic sheen needs either a metallic substrate to print on or a metallic ink...
  3. Plateau Light

PENTAX 645D II

Got to play with this today at WPPI. Confirmed the $9,995 price and a new WA Zoom for the 645 ! Excellent screen too! Looks tempting.
  4. Plateau Light

Speculation : Sony MF system

YES! That would be the ****! Imagine Sony with their new a12r medium format mirrorless system with an EFC that puts the Apla 12 FPS to bed at a fraction of the cost.
  5. Plateau Light

FS Hasselblad HC Lens'

bump
  6. Plateau Light

FS Hasselblad HC Lens'

For sale are 3 Mint Hasselblad HC lens. I am going to a technical camera and no longer need these. I have available all in mint condition: HCD 35-90 with box, papers, caps and a 95mm polarizer.2320 activations $5600 HC 150mm 3.2 with caps and Hasselblad UV 5700 activations. INCREDIBLY SHARP...
  7. Plateau Light

ND filters for MFD

So here is a set of 64 second exposures. It looks like the ND itself is not the issue. It is IR from the incandescent lights in long indoor exposures. I shot the same scene with filtered skylight and the incandescent and the result is obvious. When the IR is present it screws up the long...
  8. Plateau Light

ND filters for MFD

I will do a sample later this eve under the same conditions as when I get issues. It is definitely not a light leak. After 14 years of shooting 4x5 I know exactly what a light leak looks like. It is only on certain colors too, magenta's to be exact, that are problematic. I think the Tiffen web...
  9. Plateau Light

ND filters for MFD

Jack, Thanks. I didn't even think to look up IR ND filters. It looks like both Tiffen and Schneider offer products. Thanks again! Robert The Natural Wonders Gallery Welcome
  10. Plateau Light

ND filters for MFD

Hi I have had some poor results with ND filters for long exposures and have read that the IR blocking ability plays a big role in the IQ on MFD long exposures. I have used some 6 and 10 stop resin filters for my Lee system with poor results. I got bizarre red halation spots on red/magenta areas...
  11. Plateau Light

Help me spend my money

Thanks for the input. In addition to this decision, my new store launch is swamping me and I really didn't get time to reply. I leaning toward a Hasselblad as they have the 35-90 for convenience and quality. Coupled with my 2 Digitars I already have, I think an Arca 6x9 will do. I didn't...
  12. Plateau Light

Help me spend my money

Thanks for the input guys. I really am a bit confused as to why I don't see people using something like the Arca 6x9. It is not precision enough?
  13. Plateau Light

Help me spend my money

Ha! I always wanted to say that! Anyhow, please help this 5x7 film guy migrate toward digital MF. I do have a 35mm 5DII so I am not totally green to digital, just to the obscure MF market that seems to have many elusive systems. I have been lurking in the shadows for quite some time and have...
  14. Plateau Light

Is the IQ180 the end for Schneider lenses ? compared to Rodenstock

Yair Thank you. FWIW it is mostly the tilt that I am interested in and I have been using rear tilt for years so I can keep the 5x7 within the circle of my 4x5 lens', so the rear tilt of the Flexbody has great appeal to me as long as the lens can resolve enough. Thanks again Robert
  15. Plateau Light

Is the IQ180 the end for Schneider lenses ? compared to Rodenstock

Wow this has me a bit nervous. I have been contemplating an Aptus 2 12r for my flexbody. I planned to use my 40mm CFE extensively. Is this only a problem with a view camera wide lens? I would really be pissed if I paid out the big bucks for a seriously hindered setup.
  16. Plateau Light

Schneider 43XL sharpness

There is one thing that one can use to judge lens resolution when using a lower density sensor when one lens may outresolve another. The lens with higher resolution will have greater depth of field on any sensor. Before you go and dismiss this you must first understand the theory behind the...