The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. R

WTB Panasonic GH1 in UK, EU or Canada

I would like to buy a Panasonic GH1 camera for an art video shoot. I am located in Ireland (EU) but will also be in Canada for the next two weeks. I have an address there you can ship to if you happen to be in Canada. Recent prices on eBay are between £175 and £195. In dollars, $275. I would be...
  2. R

Ongoing reviews of MFT gear

I don't think many of you realise that I've been writing on the MFT system over on my blog, the Theatre of Noise. I hope it will not be considered spamming if I link to some items of interest here, especially as I am not selling anything! Except maybe knowledge. Some of these articles will be...
  3. R

Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 for £95 on eBay

I was monitoring the price of the Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5, which has been pretty low lately, when one seller decreased their listed price significantly. nomohideo2005 have it for US $138.88 + 10 shipping. That's £95 in total. Unbelievable! I have never bought from them, so don't know if...
  4. R

problem with my K-mount to MFT adapter

Anyone have direct experience mounting an FA Limited on a Micro Four Thirds (MFT) camera? I bought a cheap eBay adapter. While it does the job, the lens does not lock into place. Thus it is easy to twist it off the adapter, with potentially disastrous results. Oddly, older lenses from the K...
  5. R

Nanoha Macro Lens AKA The Ray Gun!

This is insane, a new macro lens that goes to 5:1 and has built-in LED illumination. So accurate is the focusing it is paired with a holder to keep the subject at the exact distance required. Think of this as a microscope rather than a macro lens. Results look extraordinary. Here is a...
  6. R

Pentax on E-P1 -- an article series

Well, it seems appropriate to combine my love for Pentax and my new MFT, so I am writing a series of articles. I hope these will help others who want to compare the two systems, or use Pentax lenses on MFT bodies, or whatever. Comparing Camera Size: Pentax K20D Versus Olympus E-P1 is the second...
  7. R

soft case or something else?

I am trying to figure out the best way to carry around my E-P1, given that I have a smaller lens on it (20/1.7). The camera is such an in between size that it makes my decisions a lot more difficult. I want to be discrete for travel in Asia etc. The camera is too small to wear over the shoulder...
  8. R

E-P1 replacement battery recommendation (BLS-1)

Given that the Olympus standard BLS-1 battery is only 1150 mAh and there are after-market batteries of up to 2000 mAh, one might hope that some of these would improve the shot capacity of the camera. But there's a lot more to battery life than that number. So, has anyone had success with...