The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. N

Can connect GFX-50S via LR plugin PRO, but no live view

Hello, I would like to have live view on my GFX-50S into Lightroom, but I cant get that done; I installed the Plugin PRO and can connect the camera, no problem, and trigger the shutter release via LR. But I cant figure out how to get to live view.... I am on a MacBook Pro, latest Mojave OS...
  2. N

X-T1 -- worth its money, because

... just got the camera, B&H shipped yesterday (although I had only pre-ordered last week) what sells me right out of the box compared to my X-Pro1, is the diopter in combination with the EVF. There is already lots of information out about the larger size of the EVF - yes, when you put the X-T1...
  3. N

C1 4.8.3 - positively shocked

As a long-time Aperture user, I fired up this week C1 4.8.3; I had used C1 before I migrated to Aperture as soon as it came out - main motivation was the more complete set of workflow capabilities and the great view/compare features in Aperture, as well as a basic backup support. I installed...
  4. N

A classic - Coney Island, Brooklyn

Went out on Saturday afternoon to Coney Island; villagevoice's "Siren Festival" was going on and lots of people were enjoying a great evening. Some interesting folks to watch - as always in NYC ...through the eyes of an Austrian... Leica is just plain fun for this kind of stuff; raw's...
  5. N

Elmarit-R f2.8 vs. PS-Super-Angulon-R

I am interested in a 28mm for my R9/DMR; Wouldn't the Super-Angulon be the better choice given that I could easily stitch with it? Or what speaks for the Elmarit-R ? Is it optically much better? (I would not think so...). Thoughts or experiences appreciated. Peter
  6. N

R9 -Switching between DMR & film back

Hi Folks, Just wondering who is using a R8 or R9 in both "worlds" - with DMR and with film? The switching process is not that painful, but I am wondering if it can have negative side effects on the mechanical stability of the DMR alignment from going back and forth. (Background: My R9/DMR had...
  7. N

M-to-R Adapters: How to M lenses perform on R?

Another question for the R folks: What is your experience with mounting M lenses to a R? Stopped-down metering, I am sure. But how is IQ of the capture? How would my M-75-lux perform on my R9/DMR? Are there highly recommended adapters, or the opposite? Bye, Peter
  8. N

Have a probem -sharpness - DMR or what reason?

OK, after approx. 400 shots on my DMR, I think I have a sharpness problem. I had over-sharpened my initial batch of shots, I think (now); After revisiting all files, I believe there is a sharpness issue, looking at the file without any sharpening, they look "crappy". I am posting four images...
  9. N

Up and running here...

OK, finally have a DMR, a R9 and a first lens. I got the 60mm-macro; checked some comments out on this forum, thought after shooting mostly M8 for the last 1.5 years, a macro capability should come in handy and it must be a sharp lens so I can also test optics/sensor. Grabbed a few shots...
  10. N

DMR Setup - Question regarding Focus Screen Swap

OK Folks, need some help from the DMR experts here: My kit is coming together, have now DMR and R9; looks and feels great. First lens (60mm macro) should arrive on Wed. I need to do the focus screen swap; the manual and pictures in there are not totally clear. Questions: a) Manual says you...
  11. N

On a positive note: Just bought one

Just purchased a used, mint DMR. So folks like myself see still value there, and there is a used market for those who want to sell. Not such a bad situation for the owners who have been hanging in there for a while.... Regards, Peter
  12. N

ROM-ing R-lenses -who does it?

Folks, Who can ROM a R-lens? And what would approx. cost be? Can any old lens be ROM-ed? Could not find any information on Leica's website. I am looking at a used 19mm, which is a 3-cam lens. I guess for the wide-angles ROM-ing should be particular useful to apply the firmware corrections in...
  13. N

Who does 5D Mirror shaving for Leica R?

Do you folks know a reputable shop that performs the mirror shaving on the 5D, so it can fit all Leica R lenses? Txs, Peter -- M7, M8, 503cw/Aptus
  14. N

Cross-posted LForum: If Leica's MF System kills "R", do you keep DMR-R8/R9

(Same post as on L*Camera Forum:) Most of us have heard that Leica will introduce a Medium Format SLR system at Photokina. If at the same time the "R" product line is discontinued (yes, an ugly word, but things like that happen, see DMR), what will you do with your R equipment: - If you have...
  15. N

DMR-Noise levels: Comparison to M8?

I have the option to acquire a DMR; that might be a really stupid move at this point, then maybe not.... I really like how the R9 is handling. How does the DMR noise levels compare to the M8? Is ISO-400 on the DMR comparable to ISO-640 on the M8? Is ISO-400 DMR worse than Canon 5D ISO-800...