The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. L

Creative Tethering

I know this is a bit of a side-issue, but are there any problems with tethering the FireWire 400 backs, P65+ for instance, to the later MacBook Airs or Pros? Just having the cords doesn't always mean things work as they should. Thanks, Bill
  2. L

Phase One Hybrid

Keep working, I use a Fuji GX680, but it is a much bigger camera than it needs to be for a 6x4.5 back. Still, the Fuji lenses are extraordinary. Bill O'Connor
  3. L

Phase One Hybrid

Does this camera actually exist? And if it does, who makes the pieces Mamiya doesn't? More, we want to know more.
  4. L

killing a fly with a sledgehammer . . . or not

Years ago, I shot newsprint ads for a local department store. They had me do a spread of luggage that would run double full page on the back. Because I was out of smaller Polaroid, I shot it with 4x5 sheet film and turned in an 11x14 print, wondering if it was worth the extra trouble and expense...
  5. L

Fuji GX860III with H back

I'm using a 680III with a Mamiya/P65+ back, Kapture Group's adapter and could not be more pleased. I haven't tried anything at infinity yet, no, I have, I just haven't looked at it closely. Anyway, here is a shot that would be a nightmare as a focus-stack. With a little tilt, a little swing...
  6. L

Fuji GX680 for jewellery photography?

Wish I'd know about this. Still, I'm happy to have worked with Keith at Kapture Group and found out how dependable a dealer he is. Keith is good people. Bill O'Connor
  7. L

Truly wonderful work. I'm sorely tempted to pick up a film back for my Fuji, alas, none of the deals included one. My problem is, after years of having my hands in processing chemistry, when I tried recently to process some film, my body didn't tolerate it very well. Thank goodness my livelihood...
  8. L

The Kapture Group adapter setup came and was surprisingly easy to hook up. You just take all the batteries out of EVERYthing and then put it back together in a scripted order and, voila, the beautiful setup takes pictures! Imagine; tilts, swings, shifts, rise, fall, LEAF SHUTTER lenses for a...
  9. L

I just received my GX 680III yesterday. I got a 100mm and a 125mm f5.6. Even though I'm a seasoned photographer, I'm in awe of this camera. My Kapture Group adapter should come today. My hands were shaking as I opened the box.
  10. L

I purchased a GX380III mainly because of the battery situation. The I's and II's use an external battery, usually a nicad, (hate them) and one must have the proper charger. Are there currently made batteries, like the Phase One back uses that will work on that camera? And, this just in, the new...
  11. L

Phase One 150mm lens options

I have the Mamiya 150mm f2.8 A which is MF, same wonderful glass as the new lens and verrrry sharp. I paid $340 for it in ln- condition. I had previously bought an old silver Hasselblad 150 f4 Sonnar to use with my Canon and purchased an adapter to Mamiya645. It nearly as sharp as the Mamiya and...
  12. L

3 lenses for Technical camera and Phase One IQ 180

Perfect. Just what I needed to hear. So, in shooting static subjects, or creatively shooting moving ones, the 32HR can be a versatile lens choice. Best choice is always single shot capture, but the 23mm has a lot if issues beyond its *ahem* high purchase price, especially when you factor in the...
  13. L

3 lenses for Technical camera and Phase One IQ 180

Excuse my laziness, but if you do two vertical stitches with a Rodenstock 32HR, about what focal length view in a single capture would that be? Bill
  14. L

Refillable Cartridge for Canon PIXMA Pro series?

I've used re-fillables for years. The ones from Ink2Image are pretty good, but sometimes have schizoid chips in them. You don't need a chip re-setter with these, but I've had them screw up. The BEST solution I think is to use up the ink in a Canon cartridge, drill a small hole in the top, put a...
  15. L

Phase one vs Leaf backs

There are definitely ghosts in the machine between the Leaf backs and certain CF cards. My gut feel is this comes from the open system anarchy that prevails in non-Apple types of systems. Has anyone found a brand of CF card that seems more compatible? Bill
  16. L

Strange frames on Aptus II 80

This is just a gut response, but all of this smacks of the anarchy that comes from different software and hardware manufacturers not communicating well enough with each other, the kind of thing avoided by the totalitarian approach embraced by Apple. Solutions will present themselves, but not...
  17. L

Phase one vs Leaf backs

Gee Graham, that's a horrifying bit of news. Could you elaborate a little? What were your new issues? Thanks, Bill
  18. L

Phase one vs Leaf backs

Graham, I was just reading an old post of yours on color cast issues with the Leaf back. Have there been any work-arounds, firm-ware upgrades etc. that helped with this. The Aptus II-80 is at the top of my list right now. Bill
  19. L

RZ optics on 80 mp backs

I have the 110 and now, the 210 APO. I've sold my regular 50 and am looking for a 50 ULD. The 65 L and the 140 L also are on my list. I shoot paintings and sculptures for a living and am shooting portraits again, finally. I also shoot landscapes and make my own prints. My selling point to my...
  20. L

RZ optics on 80 mp backs

Does anyone have experience using the better RZ optics with the Aptus II-12 or the IQ 180 backs? How do they fare with those tiny pixel pitches? Are other lenses, Rollei/Schneiders, P1/Schneiders that much sharper? Thanks