The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. R

How to trigger AR7II wirelessly & remotely when shooting tethered?

How to trigger AR7II wirelessly when shooting tethered? Here is my dilemma: the Sony got only one micro USB multi-port and that’s occupied by the tethering cable already. Important: for practical reasons I need to be able to fire the camera’s shutter from a distance of up to 50m. / 150 feet...
  2. R

Tethering A7RII issues

I was in the believe that Capture One 8.3.2 natively supports Sony A7RII tethering (mac Version) without need for Sony's "Play Memory" software. Camera is set to "PC Remote" yet C1 can't connect to the Sony. What am I missing? thanks Grischa
  3. R

Alpa and Phase One fine art camera collaboration announced

Now this should be interesting: ALPA of Switzerland - Manufacturers of remarkable cameras - News I wonder how long this will take to get it into photographers hands and what comes out of this collaboration. I am ready to ditch the DF+ in a heart beat.
  4. R

who is using the IQ260 / 280 tether function?

Dear all, I was wondering if anybody used the tether function of the new Phase One back? I traded my 180 for a 260 a while back and while I am generally happy with it I would like 2 things to get changed: 1: display the last taken image first 2: allow the full transmission (not just temporary...
  5. R

Phase One DF camera >>loosing custom settings for now reason

I was wondering if any of you with a Phase DF and DF+ are loosing their custom settings suddenly? I had a DF now a DF+ and I set the rear button to focus only. I never liked the focus button associated with the release shutter button so I change this on all cameras. Here is manual on how to...
  6. R

IQ260 tech camera image samples?

Are any shifted tech camera image samples taken with the IQ260 are available? I am wondering if the "PIXEL WELL" of the 260 as explained in Doug's article could have a negative effect on the colour cast and therefore usability of tech camera when shift is applied. I cannot find any information...
  7. R

C1 7 Dust removal greyed out after session upgrade

I am working through an older session file created in version 6 and I wanted to take advantage of the better C1 7 conversion. Though I upgraded the session files to version 7 I dont get the Dust removal to work anymore. I imported the LCC file data from v. 6 as advised in the C1 help files and...
  8. R

Centre filter or LCC to correct fall off in tech cams

I noticed quite a bit of noise in my shifted files taken with the HR32 Rodenstock ( on an IQ180) I was wondering what the verdict is out there: Is it worth getting the Centrefilter to improve file quality or is C1s LCC fall off feature doing the same ( sometimes noisy) job? I would also consider...
  9. R

Stitching with LCC: how to avoid differing color cast?

How do you guys get acceptable results when correcting 2 stitched images after applying LCC in C1? I have 2 images one shifted upwards the other centered (unshifted) Both images are exposed and processed the same same but when I apply LCC (to both images with their own respective LCC) I get not...
  10. R

wide lens IQ 180 shoot out: Digitar 28XL versus Digaron 32HR-W

dear all, beware of the new Schneider 28mmXL Digitar on the IQ180. It got uncontrollable color cast EVEN WITHOUT SHIFT! A fellow getDPI forum member Chris Hauser and myself met in Hong Kong last weekend and had a fun shoot out comparing the Schneider 28XL and 43XL with the Rodenstock 32HR-W and...