The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. A

Alpha lenses that work well on the NEX

I love my little NEX7 but don't love the lens choice available! There are one or two good ones that can be had but nothing like those available for the Olympus for example. There seems a real poverty of availability even for those that should be available with little or no stock in many UK...
  2. A

Fun with the Sigma 19mm

3. A

Sigma 30/2.8 vs Zeiss 24/1.8E?

This is a question for those who either own both lenses or who have had practical experience of them. Granted that the Zeiss is fabulous and fabulously expensive and the Sigma is somewhat of a bargain, how do the two compare optically? Please don't shoot me down in flames Zeiss lovers, I'm...
  4. A

The Future With Sony Alpha???

First this not meant to be a opportunity to whine and complain! So please do not post complaints here. Also please avoid lavish praise of your favourite brand, we all like Sony to a lesser or greater extent - shall we take that as read? What I am hoping for is an intelligent, constructive and...
  5. A

Lenses that should be re-issued for the NEX

The idea is to collect a set of suggestions of lenses currently made that could be re-issued for NEX. My suggestion is the Tamron 60/2. This lens could be made into a close focusing 60/2 portrait lens with an optional tube to give it 1:1 macro (bit like the old Tamron 90 2.5 adaptall). This...
  6. A

FS Sony A300 body and Tamron 14mm (Sony fit)

Up for sale is: Sony A300 body (black) JUST 145 GBP for quick sale inc postage within UK*. This has got to be a bargain, however, I am willing to consider near offers! This makes an excellent walk-around camera for those who don't want to haul the bulk of a bigger/heavier camera...