The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. Thierry

FS - Sinar LF + Schneider AF Hy6 Lenses

Apo-Sinaron 46 - 1:9 - f 600mm MC / on Sinar lens board - Manual F-Stop (Euro 750,-) [B][COLOR="black"]---> SOLD
  2. Thierry

FS - Sinar LF + Schneider AF Hy6 Lenses

For Sale the following Large Format lenses: All lenses are as new, without any scratches or sign of use (see pics), with their lens caps, in Sinar original boxes. The Schneider AF Super Angulon is with a LowePro protecting pouch. - Sinaron W 102 – 1:4,5 – f 90mm MC / Sinar DB Mount (Euro...
  3. Thierry

David Grover / Phase One

All the best for your new career. Best regards Thierry
  4. Thierry

from Thierry

Yes, it would be nice to change my name. Simply "Thierry" would be ok if possible. Thanks Jack and best regards Thierry
  5. Thierry

from Thierry

To all, I wanted to inform officially, and not giving the impression of having disappeared: I will not longer be Alpa's consultant, nor here on the forum as informed previously, neither directly by email as suggested first. Alpa has decided that they do not want any presence on the forums...
  6. Thierry

Information from Alpa

To all, I would like to inform herewith that I will stop posting or answering questions here on this forum. It is Alpa’s decision to concentrate its efforts less on internet forums and to rather have a direct contact and to answer personally to photographers. It is also meant to not interact...
  7. Thierry

Do I really need shims for Alpa 12 V Adapter?

Shashin, Please, why do you make it a confrontation when it comes to help somebody and clarify things? With all due respect, I shall intervene whenever I see something wrong or misleading being written, and there has been some. And why do you need to denigrate a company with words like the...
  8. Thierry

I've seen your posts, yes. However I think that it doesn't harm to get the opinion of several members, even if the same. Does it? Best regards Thierry
  9. Thierry

Ted, You don't have to worry about this, you don't necessarily need to calibrate your lenses, rather not. Just do some test shots with one of your lenses with a longer FL of e.g. 90 mm or longer. Check your back as per the video on the Alpa side and shim it accordingly IF needed. It takes may...
  10. Thierry

Shashin, I don't need to show anything, there are enough people here who experience this, also many who claimed like you that such "craziness" for precision is non-sense and who came back from that. Just have a look at the videos at Alpa's site, it shows and explains it perfectly. You look at...
  11. Thierry

I would just like to repeat once again that it is not the camera which is the focus problem, but the back or the lens itself. If you don't notice it on your Hassy that doesn't mean that it doesn't exist. What seems to be sharp doesn't mean it's the maximum sharpness you can reach with a...
  12. Thierry

Shashin, Again, it is not the Alpa camera the problem, see my post bellow. You will simply focus as precisely as the weakest element in your chain. In this case it is the position of the sensor, which has the same influence on final focus on any camera. Simply try it once and you will...
  13. Thierry

Shashin, With all due respect I need to correct you here: It is not the Alpa camera which needs to be adjusted, you may have misunderstood the whole issue. It is the position of the sensor in the casing, which is often enough not what can be expected or what it should be, or then the lens...
  14. Thierry

Ted, It always depends what you expect to get out of the camera you are using, or put in a different way, you choose your camera depending on your needs and expectations. In your case you are using a camera manufactured with the highest possible precision and allowing the highest possible...
  15. Thierry

hi Ted, I agree with all what Graham says, but nothing is worth more than having peace of mind when one cannot afford to miss the image. For precise details on how to shim I suggest to watch this: Alpa adjustable back adapter Best regards Thierry
  16. Thierry

options for 1st technical camera.....

Dear Rod It will effectively be difficult, even in the second-hand market, to get a technical camera, a prime lens and a digital back. However, think twice before buying in a camera, do all the testing necessary and with your shooting conditions, then compare. Also compare the prices very...
  17. Thierry

Technical Camera Images

a little different ...., ... so much your style! :thumbs: Best regards Thierry
  18. Thierry

Technical Camera Images

Simply great image Thierry
  19. Thierry

Technical Camera Images

Nice image, so much depth in it. Thierry