The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. L

Whats a good flash for the m8?

Robert: "For Fathers day my wide...", "my wide"? I am glad she is not reading this. :)
  2. L

M9 sensor glass cracked all by itself!

Ouch! I am sorry... Please keep us abreast of the situation.
  3. L

1:1 Macro with a GF1

I stand corrected :) Thank You Godfrey.
  4. L

1:1 Macro with a GF1

I have the Leica R 100mm f2.8 Macro with 1:1 attachment. It is a GREAT sharp lens and works great on the G1. I seldom use the 1;1 attachment since on the G1, it is 200mm f2.8. please correct me if I am wrong, but it is already 1:1 w/o the attachment... right? You can get the R 60mm Macro at a...
  5. L

The Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

Osman... Those are priceless smiles :) Robert.
  6. L

FS: Phase One P20 V mount and Hassy 4x4 DPS Hood. Bonus Kapture Group One Shot Cable

Will this fit a 500CM? & What else is need for the 500CM?
  7. L

Future Platform for R Lenses?

My R9 is sitting idle. My R lens goes on G1 m4/3 quite often. The R lens are feeling rather neglected... might start hunting for DMR. Robert.
  8. L

point of no return

LOL too... welcome to the empty wallet club. A lot of us started with three lens (35, 50 & 90) and as per Guy... you will end up with a lot more, but will still only take three out the door. 24 & 75 is a good start., but you may be getting that 35 very soon to fill the standard gap. Good Luck :)...
  9. L

Janelia Farm VA

This is subjective... I like #2, better lighting (Per Jack), better composition with road, and contrasty sky. If the house is contrasty & the extra tree like in 1. that would be great. 1 looks like a painting. :) My 2 cents :) Robert.
  10. L

Take every opportunity...(somewhat Leica related)

Our sincere condolences in your lost of a dear friend. Decisive Moment. There are many times when I wished I had taken the picture/s... too shy or hesitated. There are many times I wished I had brought my camera.... Duh! I am also glad that many times I brought my camera and took the...
  11. L

FS :: Panasonic GF1, 14-45mm, 20mm, and extras

Charles: Are you and Chopstxxx one of the same? Or did you update the wrong thread. Robert.
  12. L

Using a Leica m lens w/Gf1

Ron... Not really. The EVF or LCD dims a bit then adjust itself to be bright again. This really helps in focusing in most lighting condition. BTW... you can zoom in via the EVF or LCD for better focus accuracy in low light condition too. Using Nocti on my G1, focus is almost always spot on...
  13. L

Jeff: I agree with Lloyd... it is a powerful image. It is interesting that the image above it... 3 Hamburger patties on a grill... Robert.
  14. L

Hi Nick... Petai... Stinky beans eh? Yes... I am from P.J or at least 30 odd years ago. Now I am in the States. My wife, from here, love it with Balachan & Onions or Ikan Belis. :) Good stuff... BTW Like those M9 shots. Robert.
  15. L

Some images with the new Leica 35mm Summilux

Jono.. thanks for making us drooollll :) Quick question on "Bokeh"... I thought Asph lens does not render almond shape bokeh towards the edge like the on of the Cross in the first page. THX. Robert.
  16. L

Fun with the G2

Terry... you have both... which is "more funner"? :) Yikes! I am now thinking of getting the G2 to keep my G1 company... Robert.
  17. L

M8/9 with one extra lens: best small bag.

Camera bag is such a personal thing; there is always something that is just not quite right... For me, Velcro is noisy. Zipper with flap, w/o Velcro and does not scream... "Look, a camera bag" would be great.... something of a man purse :) From your last post... GCAM110 looks good w/ non scratch...
  18. L

Just a hello and intro...

Way cool... Buzzy is a Good guy. Got my M8 from him too... my Leica Gear Pimp :) Who knows... we may meet up when you come on up the next time. Robert.
  19. L

Just a hello and intro...

Welcome Micheal.. you will enjoy it here. Corinth, MS? Been to Memphis Photo Supply here in Memphis? Robert.
  20. L

dust bunnies

I agree... At first I was skeptical on the self cleaning mechanism... now w/o cleaning the sensor since I got the G1 last year... I am all for the self cleaning mechanism. Robert.