The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. Thor Lidasan

Digital Nikon with manual lenses

Medium Format lens on a digital Nikon Mamiya 645 80mm 2.8 + Nikon D7000:
  2. Thor Lidasan

Digital Nikon with manual lenses

Medium Format lens on a digital Nikon Mamiya 645 80mm 2.8 on a Nikon D7000:
  3. Thor Lidasan

"Capturing Infrared"

from goat to horse in IR...:grin:
  4. Thor Lidasan

"Capturing Infrared"

Here is the screen grab an IR+visible spectrum image via the Sigma DP1 before post-processing a raw capture (X3F file, Sigma-speak for raw). The Foveon sensor captures both the IR and the visible light spectrum when combined with a filter that attenuates the intensity of IR. It took me several...
  5. Thor Lidasan

"Capturing Infrared"

I don't shoot "full-spectrum" (sans any filter), too. There are too many variables to contend with: 1) UV-friendly lens are difficult to source and the ones that are UV-friendly are on the expensive side. There are cheaper alternatives from the film era and needs some serious rubbing to get rid...
  6. Thor Lidasan

"Capturing Infrared"

B+W 403 UV-Pass (UV Black) on a Sigma DP-1:
  7. Thor Lidasan

"Capturing Infrared"

B+W UV Black 403 (UV-pass) on a Sigma DP1 full-spectrum:
  8. Thor Lidasan

"Capturing Infrared"

Adam, welcome to the thread! I use B+W 49mm on my camera. What is important is looking at the spectral response of the filter. There are a lot of IR filters out there that do not publish their spectral response data and those tend to be cheap ones. B+W and Heliopan are on the expensive side...
  9. Thor Lidasan

"Capturing Infrared"

Hi Cindy, that Sigma must have strong IR filtration on the lens coating. There is only a slight hint of magenta cast despite not having an IR-blocker on the lens. Or is this level of IR rejection also same with other lens when you are using the A6000 FS without any filter?
  10. Thor Lidasan

"Capturing Infrared"

Don, on my FS I have several presets loaded for WB. For FS, often I just hit Auto WB. For IR, I have 2 (one for 650nm and another for 720nm). For UV, sometimes I just use Fluorescent, but I also have a preset loaded for macro UV. What really helps is having a Passport Colorchecker and take a...
  11. Thor Lidasan

"Capturing Infrared"

Nikon D40x 720nm + 18-70
  12. Thor Lidasan

"Capturing Infrared"

Nikon D40x 720nm + 18-70
  13. Thor Lidasan

"Capturing Infrared"

Nikon D40x 720nm + 18-70:
  14. Thor Lidasan

"Capturing Infrared"

Nikon D40x 720nm + 18-70 lens:
  15. Thor Lidasan

"Capturing Infrared"

Nikon D40 830nm + 18-70 lens:
  16. Thor Lidasan

"Capturing Infrared"

Nikon D40 830nm + 18-70 lens:
  17. Thor Lidasan

"Capturing Infrared"

From the ancient Nikon D40 830nm with Samyang 8mm lens:
  18. Thor Lidasan

"Capturing Infrared"

Thank you, Cindy! Emulating the Kodak Infrared Ektachrome film is something that I really like doing in IR. The 720nm can also pull it off with the right amount of channel mixer adjustments. Here is another one from Sigma DP1 + 550nm: Hollywood Forever Memorial Park (Hollywood, LA)
  19. Thor Lidasan

"Capturing Infrared"

Thank you for the compliments, Don! What I love the most in IR is that the usual muted RAW canvas that I start with is full of surprises. A slight change of WB, a push on a slider here and there, flipping the channels, varying the amount of hues lead me to a potpourri of colors. Best, probably...
  20. Thor Lidasan

"Capturing Infrared"

Both NEX kit lenses, 18-55 and 16-50 result in hot spots. I've tried to stay below f/8 on the 18-55 and the result is not consistent. It depends on the lighting conditions and angle of the sun on the frame (front and backlighting result in hot spots). Couple of NEX 18-55 IR: *