The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. T

907x 50c now available

Hi Is there a way to turn highlight blinkies on while composing a shot. I know they show when reviewing images but cant seem to find anything about having them on while shooting. Thanks
  2. T

The Leica Q2

Thanks Jono sort of what I thought. I was almost ready to dump the SL until I tried the 90 cron and could not believe the quality and I’m now hooked. I found that I had more keepers from the original Q than I did from the M10 and my best shots with the 28 Summicron and the 50 lux were on the SL...
  3. T

The Leica Q2

Hi Jono Since you have tested both I’m wondering how the rendering of the 35 summicron on the SL compares with the rendering of the Q2’s at 35. I have the 16-35 and your comparison has made me wonder if I need the 35. Hope your review of the SL2 and 28 summicron show up soon. Thanks
  4. T

Leica APO-Summicron 35mm Asph - my thoughts

Excellent review as always. I guess it was a little shorter than usual as your spending more time on your Q2 review which hopefully we will see sooner than later. 😎
  5. T

Fuji X-T1 - Greens and jpg files - help please?

I would agree that the 2nd shot looks out of focus. The first one I'm not sure but will download the raw files when I'm at home. What lens are these shot with? I shoot with both the EM1 and Fuji systems and generally I like the Fuji images better. The only Fuji zoom I use is the 18-55 and it is...
  6. T

Fuji X-T1 - Greens and jpg files - help please?

One thing you can try is by shooting a raw file then use the in camera raw converter to create a JPEG. This will allow you to try various settings to see what you like best. You can try different film types, sharpening, NR etc
  7. T

Drat - New Leica M with shutter problem

You must make sure battery has a full charge and has time to chafe internal battery in camera. They can act flaky until both are charged.
  8. T

Drat - New Leica M with shutter problem

Check your not in live view and also that you are in "classic" metering mode.
  9. T

Fun with the Olympus E-M1

75 1.8 with em1.
  10. T

Firmware for M

Just wish they had provided the ability to turn off the movie button which I hit more than I like to admit.
  11. T

Firmware for M

Available now on Leica site.
  12. T

OM-D E-M1 Shipment Notification

Think I read on 4/3 rumors where they stated there won't be a silver one.
  13. T

Any news on M240 firmware update?

Well my M is on it's way back from Germany where it went for the loose lugs issue. Maybe it will arrive with the new firmware installed.:D
  14. T

As they are a year behind in orders for the M I guess they are not in a hurry. Supposed to be some new product announcements this fall and next spring so maybe by then.
  15. T

No word on whether it will support the new Oly eve?
  16. T

EVF for the 240?

Haha, I don't know anyone who wants to leave something to chance. The opposite is true by using the rangefinder you leave less to chance as you can anticipate the moment and see what is going on at the moment of exposure. Also I didn't see anyone mention using the evf or liveview all the time...
  17. T

Hey no problem. Hope you find out some news.
  18. T

EVF for the 240?

Flip up evf works great if your shooting down low.
  19. T

EVF for the 240?

Yup. Great for anything under 28 and over 50 or if you want precise framing. Buy the Olympus one which is the same as the Leica but much cheaper. Rumor has it that the new Oly one might be working when the new firmware gets released.
  20. T

Firmware 3.01 problem

Don't think so they just rushed the 3.01 fix out. Pretty sure it will be fixed reasonably soon.