The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. T

Firmware for M

Available now on Leica site.
  2. T

Any news on M240 firmware update?

I know a member (Thrice I think) mentioned an upcoming update that I thought was coming in June. Has any one heard any news?
  3. T

Firmware 3.01 problem

I spent the day out doing some street photography with my Xpro1 using the 18-55, 35 and 14mm lenses. On 3 occasions I had the camera completely lock up on me and had to pull the battery to reset it. All firmware is up to date. Never had a single issue before this update.
  4. T

Pentax 645D MF Kit

I have a Pentax 645D 40mpix kit for sale. Camera and lenses are less than 2 years old and I estimate have less than 2k actuations. Included is the following. Body 645D 55 mm F2.8 AL Lens SDM AW 25 mm F4 SDM 35 mm F3.5 AL IF 120 mm SMC AF Macro 300 mm ED IF 5.6 Also spare battery RRS quick...
  5. T

Xpro and LR

In Sean Reids latest article on Reid Reviews he notes than the processing of the Xpro's images was done from raw using a beta of LR4. Hopefully we will see a public beta soon.
  6. T

EP-3 bricked recovery options?

Put in the latest firmware on my Olympus EP-3 today but camera won't turn on now. Is there any recovery procedure or do I have to send the camera in for service?
  7. T

645D FA 120 Macro problem

I bought this lens last summer and it seemed to work fine at regular distances 3ft to infinity roughly. Today I tried to do a macro shot and realized the lens would not focus closer than approx 3ft. I tried with the limiter on and off and both manual and autofocus. It is almost like it i jammed...
  8. T

Pentax 645D questions

Just purchased a 645D and was wondering about write times. I have it set up for DNG and using a 16gig Sandisk Extreme 30mb/s class 10 card in slot 1. From the time I take the shot until it is displayed on the LCD is a few seconds. Counting slowly after taking the shot the image appears after a...
  9. T

M9 and iPad

Looks like the iPad can display dng files from the M9 according to a post on the Leica user forum. Haven't tried it yet but will wait for the sd card reader.
  10. T

M9 L plate

RRS has an "L" plate coming that replaces the camera base plate and the vertical portion is removable, looks pretty cool. Available in May but no price yet.
  11. T

ALPA

I was wondering if anyone here was still using the TC. I saw some old threads where even Guy was using one. I am interested in purchasing one and was wondering if there are any good dealers around that have stock. Thanks
  12. T

Zeiss 21

Does anyone have any experience with this lens on a FF Canon? I had thought the lens was delayed till mid summer but my dealer told me he will have one of the new EF 21's in about a week. Of course my 1ds3 just went off to Canon for the focus recall so hopefully I will get it back in time for...
  13. T

Zeiss 21

Has anyone heard any updated info on availability and price.
  14. T

Canon MF

Read that Canon reps at photoexpo are saying that Canon has bought the Contax assembly line along with the zeiss lens to bring out a MF system in the near future. Don't know if it is true or not just something I read.
  15. T

Upgrades done and a new addition

My M8 arrived back from NJ so went to pick it up at my dealer here in Montreal (Camtec). Got the shutter and frame lines done. As I was putting a card, battery and lens on it he mentioned that he had just received the new Elmar 24. As he knew I had been looking at 24's for awhile he asked if I...
  16. T

NJ service Good news

After my camera failed last thursday from the 2.0 firmware update I took it to my dealer here in Montreal. He shipped it out to Leica NJ last friday. I just called them to see what the status was on the camera. I expected to here that it had to go to germany or that they hadn't looked at it yet...
  17. T

New firmware problem

Just a warning. Installed the new firmware on my M8 and it trashed it. Followed all the procedures as usual and camera will not startup now. And yes I followed all the procedures as I have done with all previous updates. I have had very few problems with this camera so feel it was just bad luck...
  18. T

Colorspace from Hyperdrive

The new firmware out today supports raw M8 files. Great device for field storage/backup of images.
  19. T

Portable field storage

Just got a Hyperdrive Colorspace after reading a review on Luminous Landscape. I have been using a first generation Epson and although it wouldn't display the M8 raws it still worked to store the images but is very slow. I emailed customer support at Hyperdrive and they replied that they are...
  20. T

what about flashes

I know many don't use a flash with an M8 but sometimes you really do need one. I use the Metz 54 MZ 4i and find it very good. I am wondering if I could use something like the Elinchrom Skyport to fire this and maybe my Canon flashes remotely. Also what about portable studio flashes?