The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. JimBuchanan

Zeiss Opton Sonnar 50/1.5 in NEX mount

Recent purchases are forcing the sale of this unique vintage Sonnar 50/1.5 in Sony NEX mount. The lens was produced by Zeiss Opton around 1950 at the Oberkochen facility. It has the T coatings and the glass is in very good shape with no cleaning marks. The Zeiss glass from this period had...
  2. JimBuchanan

Leica 35mm Summicron M ASPH black

I have a black Leica 35mm Summicron ASPH for sale, in excellent condition with leica caps, hood, cards and box. Leica #11879 Glass is perfect, save for possible dust specks. Aperture and focus is smooth and light. Infinity hard stop is perfect on a M8. Minimal wear on the hood groove and focus...
  3. JimBuchanan

Jupiter-3 5cm/1.5 Russian Sonnar in NEX E mount

For sale is a Jupiter-3 5cm/1.5 Russian Sonnar in NEX E mount. The lens assembly is fitted to a Hawk factory helical with NEX E bayonet, as found on ebay for $140. The lens is infinity adjusted. The Hawk helical has very smooth operation, but there is a inner sleeve that protects the helical...
  4. JimBuchanan

Leica 50mm Summicron M 4th, tab

This is an excellent late serial number made in 1993, tabbed 4th version Summicron made in Germany. The current Summicron 11826 with built-in hood started production the next year 1994. The glass is clean with no marks or scratches. The aperture is snappy and blades clean and dry. The focus is...
  5. JimBuchanan

Leica 50mm Summicron M 4th, tabbed

This is an excellent late serial number made in 1993, tabbed 4th version Summicron made in Germany. The current Summicron 11826 with built-in hood started production the next year 1994. The glass is clean with no marks or scratches. The aperture is snappy and blades clean and dry. The focus is...
  6. JimBuchanan

Leica Summilux R 80mm

I am not having any success finding a Summicron M 75mm, for a trade, therefore the sale of my Leica Summilux R 80mm. The lens is excellent+/mint- and has been completely CLA'd. Glass is perfect, focus is light and smooth for this over built lens, aperture clean and snappy. The only signs of...
  7. JimBuchanan

FS: $825: ZM 21/2.8 Biogon

Zeiss ZM 21/2.8 Biogon in excellent/mint- condition. The glass is mint and I really don't see any wear on the body. I only used this lens a short time on a M8, due to to the need to pay new expenses. It is a great lens. Anyway, I had gotten as far as etching the outlines of the 6-bit coding on...
  8. JimBuchanan

Leica 28mm Elmarit M, #11809

I have for sale, a pre-ASPH, black, 28mm Elmarit M, #11809, serial #3,847M of about 1998. The lens is in near mint condition. I only see rub marks on the hood groove. Included in this lens package, is the original matching box, Leather pouch, B+W UV filter, Leica caps, original #12547/14073...
  9. JimBuchanan

Leica Elmarit M 28mm, model 11809

I have for sale a pre-ASPH, black, 28mm Elmarit M, #11809, serial # 3,847M of about 1998. The lens is in near mint condition. I only see rub marks on the hood groove. Included in this lens package, is the original matching box, Leather pouch, B+W UV filter, Leica caps, original #12547/14073...
  10. JimBuchanan

WTB: Leica M 1.25X magnifier

WTB: Leica M 1.25X magnifier. Please reply with condition and price. Thanks.
  11. JimBuchanan

Help with M/46mm lens hood

Hello, Leica experts. Whats the answer, here? I have the Elmarit M 28mm pre-asph with 46mm filter threads. Because I use it on a crop cameras (1.3X/1.5X/2X), I have fitted it with, as I remember, a smaller 35M 'lux hood. This solution isn't perfect as the hood cap comes off easily and I've...
  12. JimBuchanan

Possible new Leica R formats

Transposed from another thread, this seeded my math exercise for the day, in light of all the hopla around Photokina . About the FF, 24x36 image circle and a possible new format size from Leica. And, as was replied to above, the FF image circle is 43.2mm. So, I grabbed my Summicron-R 50 and...