The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. A

phase one XC…

I jumped over to read the reactions after reading the press release, boy am I happy I'm not the only one scratching my head!
  2. A

Choice to make or 645z vs. H5D-40

Hi Just wanted to jump in with a few words, I'm a commercial/advertising photographer and shoot rented MF all the time. I don't own any as we rent based on needs and budgets. Hasselblads have been probably the most stable platform I've shot on, Sure I've had issue's with them, but then again...
  3. A

Decisions Decisions

Jono Thank you for the article, helpful as I'm in the process of choosing one of the 3 for a 2 week trip to Poland in Early July. Seems strange for you to give up the Oly. Also good luck with the fundraiser, glad I could contribute! am
  4. A

Decisions Decisions

Wondering.... Do either the EM1, A7(R) or XT-1 shoot tethered via USB (mac/OSX)? Maybe with their own software and then Hot Folder in to C1 or LR? Thank you in advance. am
  5. A

XT1 size comparo

Nostatic Thank you for your write up... it's great to receive actual feedback from people who use the camera's side by side. am
  6. A

Capture One 7.2 is out

Re: Capture One 7.2 is out-Bug- Caution upgrading! Hello I would like to inform everyone to take some caution updating to 7.2. I believe there is a bug that will not allow the pro version to shoot tethered. I've been in touch with Phase. But short and long of it, after installing 7.2, every...
  7. A

Hasselbladish RX100

Sadly this news does have a lot to do with MF. The new mother company seems to be only interested in using the name short term for profit. I really don't see this ending well for them. (makes me sad to write this) am
  8. A

P1 leasing options

Thanks for posting this Jack, Great news :) am
  9. A

Capture One 7.0.1 Released

Dan Download from the EU link, this one worked for me.
  10. A

Capture One 7.0.1 Released

has anyone been able to open the DMG? this is what I keep getting. am
  11. A

Fuji XE-1 or NEX 6

I have to keep my eyes on this I'm actually in the same predicament.... am
  12. A

Jewelry Photography - Used P65+ or Nikon?

Vadim Only thing is C1 does not support tethered shooting with the D800 yet (I think) But perhaps a D800 and the Nikon 45mm Macro Tilt lens would work well. Interesting topic... am
  13. A

The 75mm f1.8 gets a price - $899

a bit off topic but now I can't wait for them to announce a fast 25, I know the Pany-Leica is there, but I like the look and feel of the 12,45 and now 75, so would be nice to round it off with a 25 and if I can dream a fast 18 :) am
  14. A

More fuel for the 'D800 as good as MF' fire

One thing that is interesting to me is that I've found most people who claim DSLR's will Kill MF have actually never shot or played with a MF file. There is a lot more to it than just resolution. Now I shoot both MF and DSLR, just as I had multiple formats in the film days. A week ago I did a 4...
  15. A

it will be super interesting to see Nikon D800 VS Leica S2

Very true I'm getting my popcorn ready :) am
  16. A

Hasselblad H3D-31 vs. H4D-31

I will also vote for the H4D-31 TF is fantastic, and worth the price difference. (IMHO) good luck am
  17. A

5DII focus pocus?

Well.... I'm only expressing my own opinion based on my own usage of this camera. I think the AF in the 5D2 is extremely sub-par, I only ever use the centre point, the other points have always proved to be inconstant, Actually I think that's a great word to sum up the AF performance of the...
  18. A

Adobe Upgrade Supports H4D/60 & HC/HCD lenses

Hi David Thank you for posting the PDF. OT are you going to be at Shoot NYC again this year? am
  19. A

Adobe Upgrade Supports H4D/60 & HC/HCD lenses

yes I'm a bit confused by the "Matrix" thing myself. from the few minutes I spent pushing a couple of files around, I have to say it looked pretty good. But I'll have some time on the weekend to sit down and really compare the same file in phocus and LR. But this is a very good thing :) am
  20. A

Sony A77

This, if true will be a very interesting camera for me. I was looking at the X100 but the lack of focal lengths was a bit of a potential problem. The bigger problem is that there seems to be non to actually buy, going on a month or so long waiting list is not my idea of fun! The more I look at...