The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. Bryan Stephens

Gfx100

You just need a good sherpa.
  2. Bryan Stephens

The great tripod & head thread!

That thing looks like the BT Tower in London. :D
  3. Bryan Stephens

Nikons new offering...Anyone considering switching up?

Exactly, especially when his debates are based on his opinions only. Everyone is entitled to an opinion, it doesn't mean that it is necessarily correct, however. The one thing I think everyone can agree on is that high end digital photography is a wallet killer
  4. Bryan Stephens

Which lenses should a Canon DSLR user own?

This totally depends on what you are mainly shooting. I used my Canon gear for many different things, so had a variety of lenses, both Canon and other brands. For the Canon lenses, I had the following: For landscape, I loved the 24TSE and the 16 - 35 f/2.8. I also had the 17 TSE, but did not...
  5. Bryan Stephens

Don't shoot me... X1D compared to IQ180

Both systems look to be extremely close with regards to sharpness, and the color rendering is slightly different, but that could easily be corrected in post. Overall, not all that much of a difference so for a first time buyer (with a very deep wallet) it would come down to system preference...
  6. Bryan Stephens

Sony a7RII compared to XF / IQ3100

I can only comment on how the a7rII compares to my lowly IQ3 80 and to me there is absolutely no comparison, especially if you are looking for large prints and fine detail. The amount of information that is captured by the IQ back is immense and allows for a bit more range for post processing...
  7. Bryan Stephens

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

I was lucky to have an amazing sky for sunrise Saturday morning.
  8. Bryan Stephens

Sun setting this evening. IQ3 80, XF, 35LS BR
  9. Bryan Stephens

Monument Valley (right before I cracked my Polarizer)
  10. Bryan Stephens

Schneider Kreuznach 28mm LS - rear filters

I just lived that exact situation. I am in Monument Valley and I had on my 150mm polarizer and bumped it and hear a pop. When I looked, it had spider web cracks along one corner. Time to replace it with a Nisi polarizer
  11. Bryan Stephens

2nd Year retrospectives (tech camera)

To be more specific I think the nightmare is about the 70HR in a T/S panel. I still remember that sight as I was about 20 feet away
  12. Bryan Stephens

I like the subway shot Matt. :thumbup: First one almost looks like a film negative.
  13. Bryan Stephens

I love how the B&W makes the buildings glow like they are golden towers. :clap: Almost like an infra-red look to it. :thumbs::thumbs:
  14. Bryan Stephens

Fuji GX680 iii and IQ380

As I have a Phase back I need the one shot cable (as do all Phase backs with an M mount on the GX680) which runs about $400 and if you cannot locate a used adapter plate for the GX680 and M-mount, a new one is $500 (they are not as common as you think they are). If you add in the battery pack...
  15. Bryan Stephens

Backpack for XF Kit

I think I ended up ordering either the Tilopa or the Sukha. I cant find my confirmation email. I know I ordered both a Large ICU and an XL ICU for my different shooting needs. Whoops... looks like I already said this. Having teenage kids drains brain cells in a major way. :banghead:
  16. Bryan Stephens

Backpack for XF Kit

I have tried several different backpacks and all have been too cumbersome, either because they don't distribute the weight well, or the straps are not comfortable. I loved my Tarmac Expedition series for when I was shooting my Nikon for sports as it was small, light and I could carry 2 bodies...
  17. Bryan Stephens

Backpack for XF Kit

Do you wear one in the front and the other on your back? That must be interesting to see. :grin: I recognize the second one from the Maine workshop. FYI, I ordered an f-stop about a month ago, so I hope to get notification that it will ship by Jan 1. :watch: I am sure it will be worth the...
  18. Bryan Stephens

Fuji GX680 iii and IQ380

Thank you for the responses. After really reviewing what I want to do with the camera, I am not sure that it is justified in spending about $1,000 for the adapter plate and the one shot control, for a system that I may not even take with me on the road to shoot my landscapes. (Dont know if my...
  19. Bryan Stephens

Fuji GX680 iii and IQ380

I have a Fuji GX680 iii that has been sitting in my camera cabinet for a few years now. This is the one system that I did not have the heart to part with, after selling off my Hasselblad stuff (which I had quite a lot of). This used to be my landscape camera before I ventured into the MFD...
  20. Bryan Stephens

Behind the scenes

Graham Is that the ultra rare Blue Ring edition of the IQ3 100?