The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. irakly

FS: Rollei 6008i, Schneider 140-280/5.6 PQ, Zeiss 4/50

No takers? Bump! :)
  2. irakly

FS: Rollei 6008i, Schneider 140-280/5.6 PQ, Zeiss 4/50

I am revisiting my toy chest again. Rollei 6008i with prism and 6000/120 back - $1600 Rollei 6008 Pro body only - $800 Rollei Control Modul - $1200 Rollei FM Meter - $500 Schneider 5.6/140-280 PQ - $3000 Zeiss 4/50 PQ - $750 Schneider zoom, Control Modul and FM TTL meter are very rare items. I...
  3. irakly

OK, enough with the equipment, lets see some lighting!

Lovely :) Why so much light, though? It could be done with one octa fitted head and one sunbounce. :)
  4. irakly

EU and US, and Australia: Sony and Panasonic gear for sale; price red.

Kit, I am interested in the camera. Please contact me at [email protected] Thanks! Irakly
  5. irakly

Another memory from Siberia :) Two Profoto monolights (3x5' softbox and a conical snoot), one wall, one floor and a looking-glass-woman
  6. irakly

LOL guys, did you forget the subject line of this thread? :D
  7. irakly

Great job man. Both lighting and propping.
  8. irakly

Marc, it is a relatively simple setup, really. Three lights: The main light was a 6x9' softbox on the left, the fill: a 6' white umbrella next to the camera, 1:2 ratio to the main, and a 5' tall strip on the right, which was there mainly to light the string. The light from it bounced from a rod...
  9. irakly

I haven't posted for quite some time. Just was too busy doing nothing :) Shot this last month in Siberia. Tree-light set-up. The most pleasant part was lighting the string :)
  10. irakly

WTB: Phase One P25 or P25+ for Contax Mount

good luck. i ain't sellin' :P
  11. irakly

looking for wide angle zeiss ZM silver

if you are willing to go 3mm shorter at $100 per mm, drop me a line :)
  12. irakly

The Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

absolutely top notch. that's what in my opinion leica is for.
  13. irakly

FS Schneider Variogon 140-280 f/5.6 PQ

I used to shoot hassy 2000fcw and had a CF version of this lens. I can swear on my mother's grave that it did not have a tripod mount. The rollei version has a tripod mount built-in. It does not rotate and does not come off.
  14. irakly

it's a thought... the only problem with the hasselblad version is that there is not tripod mount on it. it's ok if you use it on the hasselblad-v, as its mount is designed to withstand so much weight, but neither rollei nor contax 645 mounts were meant to hold that much weight. of course, there...
  15. irakly

May in Suffolk - Cornwall in February

pointfull pointlessness :) they say, my gray m9 is nearly at the door. not we just have to define "nearly" :)
  16. irakly

May in Suffolk - Cornwall in February

Hi Jono! Long time no see :) I really like Cornwall series for their sheer madness. I almost love them. I mean...
  17. irakly

if i knew the way, i would not be selling it :) theoretically it is possible, even with automatic aperture preserved. it will take a very skilled machinist to change the mount and someone who will be able to decipher contacts. what is encouraging me is the fact that contax n optics can be fully...
  18. irakly

The Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

thank you :) i love those color black-and-whites. usually eyes just slide by the scene of this kind to find something more colorful, and we do not notice it. in this case it was impossible to ignore this grayscale phantasmagoria because it was my hotel room :)
  19. irakly

18mm Zeiss

that's how (see below) :) you see, i do not like to do formal bench tests or pointlessly compare bokeh. i am just spending some time with a lens in an attempt to figure out in what conditions it would excel. then i try to shoot a picture in this very conditions. when you are dealing with devices...
  20. irakly

18mm Zeiss

Please, do not misunderstand me. I am not saying that it is bad. To the contrary, it is excellent, just too... precise (is it the word?), no magic.