The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. Swissblad

Nikon's new all-round travel lens?

Nikon just announced the Nikkor 28-400mm f4-8 zoom . Not normally in the market for such a beast, but this time it looks like it could be pretty decent - see diverse reviews on YouTube .... could be persuaded that it's ideal for going walks with the pooch ;)
  2. Swissblad

Firmware 4.0 for Z9

Nikon has released a major new firmware update for the Z9.....Firmware 4.0 :) Really pushing the boundaries and limits - way to go!
  3. Swissblad

2023...what can we expect from Nikon?

My wish list, rather than expectations: 1. Nikon D500 mirrorless version. 2. Nikkor 200-600 with built in TC. Expectations: 1. I think we'll see the much rumoured Z8, to counter the new Sony A7R5 (60mp/8K etc). 2. Nikkor 85mm f1.2 3. Nikkor 135mm f1.8 4. Nikkor 14mm f1.8 Let's hear your thought!
  4. Swissblad

Nikon Z8 announced......?

April fools joke....would be lovely if it were real...;)
  5. Swissblad

Is the Sony E mount restricting....

.... the development of more advanced 3rd party mirrorless lenses? I just watched an interesting review of the Nikon & Tamron 28-75mm f2.8 lenses, where the question was raised whether the "smaller size" of the Sony E-mount was restricting the development of more optimal or advanced 3rd party...
  6. Swissblad

Why we use what we use -

an interesting walk down a Nikon memory lane
  7. Swissblad

Nikon IBIS - better than Canon and Sony

Nice to read something positive about Nikon for once.....IBIS Coupled with the best "trinity" lens series - Nikon is slowly starting to lead the way again!
  8. Swissblad

New retro Nikon Zfc

Seems some really like a Df style camera - guess pink will be popular ;)
  9. Swissblad

Nature TTL Contest Winners

Some interesting images in this recent contest. While Nikon gear still seems to be very popular....mirrorless are really conspicuous by their virtual absence.....;) Guess I'll be using my D500 etc for a while yet :cool:
  10. Swissblad

Image Stacking for Macro

I'll take the plunge and upload the 1st image for this new thread. Nikon FX, Sigma 150mm Macro, Novoflex macro slider, Helicon Focus SW. Image is composite of ≈35 - 40 single captures. Taken a while ago, so some details are hazy. I do recall wondering how this would work out, as the size and...
  11. Swissblad

Xpan lenses on X1D - worthwhile?

Hi folks, with the pending release of the new version 2 of the X1D - and the CFV/907X combo - we were wondering if it is worthwhile resurrecting our Xpan kit..... Am particularly interested in user experience with the 30mm Xpan lens - and its use in pano mode. Thanks for any input. Cheers SB :cool:
  12. Swissblad

Free to good home - Beseler 4x5" Enlarger with stabilised Zone VI Coldlight

Titel says it all - Free to good home - Beseler 4x5" Enlarger with stabilised Zone VI Coldlight Must be collected - location - vicinity of Basel, CH. :toocool:
  13. Swissblad

Anybody using the Profoto D2?

I need to replace some old flash units and wonder if the D2 is worth the upgrade over the D1......ie full TTL (which I rarely use), HSS etc Thanks for input, suggestions. S ;)
  14. Swissblad

Anybody use the Nikkor 58mm f1.4G?

Hi folks I'm toying with purchasing this lens....... but would like to hear from users beforehand. Thanks S
  15. Swissblad

New super low light Nikon 7xx?

Just saw this on the Nikon Rumors site Pictures reportedly taken with a new Nikon D7xx full frame DSLR camera with incredible low light capabilities | Nikon Rumors Curious...... :grin:
  16. Swissblad

Image stack from 4K video file

I recently employ image stacking for macro work, and as such became intrigued by the M4/3 methods used by Oli and Pana to generate post-focus image stacks from video files. Not wanting to invest in a new system, although the Oli 60mm macro looks lovely, I explored using the 4K video function of...
  17. Swissblad

Norway's golden eagles to be CULLED!

Hi all this makes me mad: Norway's Golden Eagles are under threat | BirdLife Please sign the petition. Thanks, S;)
  18. Swissblad

General purpose zoom for DX?

Hi gents with my D500 on the way... I was wondering about a general purpose zoom lens....something for city tours or walk around trips. Any suggestions? I saw this recommendation by Thom Hogan..... Thanks S :thumbup:
  19. Swissblad

Any experience with the Samyang 24mm TS?

Hi gents Query - does anybody have experience with the Samyang 24mm TS? Is it an alternative to the Nikon PC-E 24mm? Thanks for any info S.
  20. Swissblad

New H6D looks very impressive.....

superb interface..... Impressed!