The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. etrigan63

Sony A7C - Full Frame Compact Camera

Well Sony has finally figured out what was missing in their line up: a compact full-frame camera. Thoughts? Opinions?
  2. etrigan63

Recommended Lightroom Presets

Can anyone recommend a good set of Lightroom presets? Preferably free. I know that you can "roll your own", but my daughter is looking for some she can use as a starting point to concoct the look she is after. I got off the Adobe money eater over a year ago and haven't kept up.
  3. etrigan63

Need Advice for 60x40 Metal Prints

I have some fine art stuff that a gallery wants at 60x40 in Metal. I suspect my current cameras don't have enough pixels to pull that off. Realistically, how many megapixels do I need for clean, fine art prints at that size? I am not wealthy and am too bumbling to rob a bank.
  4. etrigan63

Affordable CD Printer

Hey all, I used to have a Dymo Discpainter for printing custom color CD/DVDs for my customers. However, Dymo saw fit to end that experiment, so I currently have no means to print CD/DVDs. LightScribe is gone too. I am trying to find a replacement to this device, but everything I see is for bulk...
  5. etrigan63

Replacement lens hood for Oly 40-150 f/2.8 Pro

I am in the process of acquiring this fine lens, but I have heard horror stories about the bundled lens hood falling apart (one from Scott Bourne, no less) and I am on the preemptive hunt for a replacement. I remember using a Mamiya M77 No 2 rubber lens hood (77mm threads) on a Tamron 70-200mm...
  6. etrigan63

FS: Sony FE Lenses

For Sale: Sony SEL2470Z 24-70mm F/4 Zeiss Zoom Lens in 9.5/10 condition No wear marks except for a tiny mark on the lens hood. Protection Filter included Glass in perfect condition Lightly used Original owner $1100 including Paypal & Shipping (USA only) Sony SEL70200G Sony 70-200mm...
  7. etrigan63

FS: Sony A7 II + Battery Grip + 3 Sony Batteries

For sale: Sony A7 II (10,765 actuations) in mint++ condition. Sony VGC2EM Battery Grip in mint++ condition Three (3) Sony NP-FW50 (in addition to the one with the camera) Pro Media Gear L-Bracket for VG-C2EM Battery Grip My Rig by Carlos Echenique, on Flickr Camdapter Strap and Lens not...
  8. etrigan63

Fun with the Digital Pen-F

As per Ricardo's request, here is the official Pen-F images thread. To kick it off: Wiggles by Carlos Echenique, on Flickr
  9. etrigan63

Redrock Micro Announces the RetroFlex-S for Sony

Don't know if anyone saw this, but Redrock Micro (purveyors of fine video accessories) has released a rig that turns the Sony A5100 (BMPCC too) into a retro Super-8mm styled handheld rig: Here's a link to the press release on Planet Alpha.
  10. etrigan63

Sony SEL35F28Z LNIB + Fotodiox Metal Hood + Extra Cap

FOR SALE: LNIB SONY SEL35F28Z Lens with all warranty papers and purchase receipt. Also includes Fotodiox Pro Metal bayonet hood for that Leica look. Used once. (I prefer my primes to be manual focus only) Price new: (Lens) $798 (Hood) $ 69 Asking Price: $650 Net to me for...
  11. etrigan63

HELP! Finding the nodal point on the A7II

OK panoramas experts, I have been driving myself nuts trying to find the nodal point (no parallax point) on my A7II. I have looked at all of the videos, read all of the articles and nothing works. Using the Two Pole Method shows no movement when I pan the camera (indicating parallax) regardless...
  12. etrigan63

Lens hood for 20mm lens?

Hey all, as you may (or may not) know, I adapted a Canon FD 20mm f/2.8 lens for my A7II. I was trying to hunt up a wide angle lens hood for the little beauty, but screw-on hoods only go out to 24mm (70° angle). Would a larger version with a step up ring solve my problem? Say an 82mm version +...
  13. etrigan63

The Definitive Sony B&W Images Thread

All of the other fora have dedicated B&W threads, so I don't see why we shouldn't have one here in Camp Sony. I will start off: Knobs by Carlos Echenique, on Flickr - A7II + Canon FL 55mm @ f/2.8 Mmmmm, muffins... by Carlos Echenique, on Flickr - A7II + Canon FL 55mm @ f/2.8 Wigs by Carlos...
  14. etrigan63

FS: Nikon Df Kit

Kit includes: Nikon Df body (black) with ~4200 shutter actuations Nikkor 50mm f/1.8 G (non-kit) lens Artisan Obscura soft release and matching hotshot cover (chatke viga wood) Gariz Black half-case for Nikon Df Lance Lug Strap Asking $2399 for whole kit. Kit was used for a camera review and I...
  15. etrigan63

New Sony Forum

Not intending to poach any users from here, but with the demise of the Sonyfullframe.com forum, I have stepped in and filled the vacuum with a new site Planet Alpha. I would truly appreciate if you dropped by and registered. It's free and I will never sell off the registration data. Come by and...
  16. etrigan63

My Big Fat Lens Sale

Gotta clear out some lightly used, well cared for gear from my shelf to fund my next purchase. First a pic and then the prices: From left to right, front row then back row: Rainbow Imaging Canon FD to Fuji FX adapter: $20 Fotodiox Pro Olympus OM to NEX adapter: $25 Olympus MF-2 OM to m4/3...
  17. etrigan63

Nikon Df + Primes advice...

Time for me to query the photographers I respect the most once again. Building a Df Travel 3 lens kit. I have two prime lenses for my Df: 1. AF-S NIKKOR 50mm f/1.8G 2. Nikon 35mm F/2 AFD I was contemplating a zoom like the Sigma 24-105 f/4 A, but that is one heavy piece of glass. The...
  18. etrigan63

Small Competent Flash for Nikon Df?

I am looking for a small, but competent, flash for my inbound Nikon Df. Sure, I could use the SB-800 from my D800e, but I wanted a smaller unit for traveling. What do you recommend? I have looked at the SB-300 and it is tiny but has no display and is iTTL only. Is it any good? The price is...
  19. etrigan63

Mavericks and my Canon ImagePrograf W6400

I have a Canon ImagePrograf W6400 that had been pickled for a couple of years until business picked up. Now I find that Canon has no drivers for Mavericks and that the OS may support it directly. I have e-mailed Canon support but it was after hours so I am not expecting an answer any time soon...
  20. etrigan63

Sling Bag Opinion

Troops, I am on the hunt for a sling bag with the capability to carry the following: D800E + Battery Grip + 24-70mm lens 70-200mm lens SB-800 Flash 7-in tablet Pocket for batteries, memory cards, and other sundry items. I have a Lowepro backpack that can carry the stuff but it is rather...