The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. Quentin_Bargate

Fun with MF images 2022

X2D with the XCD55mm in London's Piccadilly
  2. Quentin_Bargate

Fun with MF images 2022

A further X2D shot taken in Cornwall, taken using the 45P, focus stacked.
  3. Quentin_Bargate

Fun with MF images 2022

1. Hasselblad X2D, 45mmP F/4 @F/4.8, 1/20s, ISO100,
  4. Quentin_Bargate

Hasselblad X2D first impressions

Hi there, well the Fuji would have been good if it had not failed, because of a chip fault. After that, I lost faith in it and because it was almost brand new, the dealer gave me a full refund. The X2D is excellent - for a beta camera! The absence of a cable or wireless release, eye or face...
  5. Quentin_Bargate

Hasselblad X2D first impressions

I seem to have purchased a X2D, having abandoned Fuji's GFX 100s because of issues a couple of years ago. I fear a long learning curve lies ahead, but the results to so far are very promising. X2D, 45mm F4, F/11. ISO100.
  6. Quentin_Bargate

Fun with S1/s1r

I paid a visit to my old friend, Adrian Aderyn, and his wife Eva at their hotel in the far north of Scotland, and took along my Lumix S1r and Sigma L-mount lenses. The weather wa pretty terrible, but there were some bright moments, and who needs good weather anyway? The first two shots were...
  7. Quentin_Bargate

Fun with S1/s1r

This is a peaceful view near my Cornish house. S1r, Sigma 35mm "I" contemporary (what a brilliant lens). Kase polariser
  8. Quentin_Bargate

Fun with S1/s1r

Cornish beach. S1r, Sigma 24mm F/3.5 "I" Contemporary lens. Two Bracketed exposures were used.
  9. Quentin_Bargate

Sigma 35mm F/2 "I" lens on the S1r

The 35mm is also great for semi-macro and studio work. This is an overhead shot of a sourdough loaf I baked and decorated today, its pin sharp. No wonder Sigma are so enthusiastic about these new "I" contemporary lenses.
  10. Quentin_Bargate

And a colour example, Charterhouse Square
  11. Quentin_Bargate

One way to check the performance on these new small Sigma lenses, which appear to be a great choice for travel, landscapes, etc, is to try them out on a high resolution camera like the Lumix S1r. So that is what I did today in London. I'm delighted with this lens and its 24mm sister lens. To...
  12. Quentin_Bargate

GFX100S shutter failure

I'd want to know I'm buying a camera, not a future warranty claim. That means a product recall for affected cameras, or at least publicising a list of their serial numbers so that existing owners can make a judgment call on whether and when to get them fixed, and dealers know which cameras are...
  13. Quentin_Bargate

GFX100S shutter failure

I'm not sure anyone is in a position to say at this stage that the shutter failure issue is not a common problem. Its common enough to have been noted by Fuji and to have affected a number of owners, including a notable YouTuber. If the failure takes place at a critical moment on a job, it...
  14. Quentin_Bargate

GFX100S shutter failure

Park were very helpful. The shutter failed within 30 days of purchase, so they had a statutory obligation to replace, but nonetheless there was no fuss or argument and the refund was prompt. And no, I did not want a replacement - this camera is not ready for prime time, I am afraid, and I have...
  15. Quentin_Bargate

GFX100S shutter failure

Unfortunately my Fuji GFX100S shutter has failed. This seems to be a relatively common problem, so I would be interested if any other member's camera has suffered a similar fate. The good news is that Park Cameras who supplied the camera here in the UK did not quibble have been refunded the...
  16. Quentin_Bargate

Fun with S1/s1r

Something different. This is a small sourdough loaf I baked this morning. Lumix S1r and Sigma 105mm macro lens, F/5.6 on a tripod.
  17. Quentin_Bargate

Fun with MF images 2021

GFX100S, 23mm F4, Cornwall. Sadly, the shutter failed shortly after I took this image. It's going back to the dealer tomorrow, hopefully to be fixed and returned shorty.
  18. Quentin_Bargate

Fun with S1/s1r

Bossiney Cove, Cornwall, Sigma 100-400mm on the Lumix S1r.