The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. Quentin_Bargate

Sigma 35mm F/2 "I" lens on the S1r

One way to check the performance on these new small Sigma lenses, which appear to be a great choice for travel, landscapes, etc, is to try them out on a high resolution camera like the Lumix S1r. So that is what I did today in London. I'm delighted with this lens and its 24mm sister lens. To...
  2. Quentin_Bargate

GFX100S shutter failure

Unfortunately my Fuji GFX100S shutter has failed. This seems to be a relatively common problem, so I would be interested if any other member's camera has suffered a similar fate. The good news is that Park Cameras who supplied the camera here in the UK did not quibble have been refunded the...
  3. Quentin_Bargate

Blue Tit

Let's look forward in hope and expectation of better times to come - rather like this blue tit, who flew into a closed window and stunned itself, hung upside down on a branch for some 30 minutes while it recovered it's composure and then flew off soon afterwards. Taken with a Lumix S1r, and...
  4. Quentin_Bargate

Candles

S1r, Sigma 85mm f/1.4 @ f/1.4, ISO1000.
  5. Quentin_Bargate

Capture One 12

I'm new to Capture One - this may be a beginner's question with that software, so apologies in advance. Patience is advised.... When processing a new previosuly unprocessed raw file in C1, then exporting as a TIFF and opening in Photoshop, its all good. Excellent in fact. However...
  6. Quentin_Bargate

DJI Mavic Pro Shots

I'm new to drones, but I think I may use them quite frequently in the future. These are from the DJI Mavic Pro Overhead still test shots of our house at Christmas:
  7. Quentin_Bargate

Pentax K1, using pixel shift and studio LED lights.

If you use a K1, you probably appreciate the benefits of using Pixel Shift when possible. The major limiting obstacle is the unfortunate fact that the K1 cannot (easily - there are workarounds) be used with studio strobes. I have a small studio kitted out with Bowens monoblocs which I have...
  8. Quentin_Bargate

Fun with images taken with the Pentax K1

Hopefully, an unambiguous thread title :) A thread for images from the Pentax K1 only, taken with any make of lens Here are two taken today with the Pentax 100mm Macro:
  9. Quentin_Bargate

New Hasselblad 100mp sensor camera soon to be launched.

I don't believe this has been mentioned already here, but respected commercial photographer Carl Taylor, a long time Hasselblad user, has reported on his Facebook page that he has seen the specs of a new Hasselblad 100mp Camera and that he will get his hands on one in March...
  10. Quentin_Bargate

16-35mm Inconsistent edge performance from shot to shot

A recent test has confirmed what i had suspected based on other images - that I am seeing wildly different edge performance with my 16-35mm F/4 Zeiss from one shot to another, even though the centres look equally sharp. Here is what I mean (not exact crops but you will see the point) Here...
  11. Quentin_Bargate

Au Revoir

Dear All It's been (mostly) fun, but following the nonsense with the Sigma "Enduring Issues" thread, including its premature locking, which indiscriminately punishes innocent and guilty alike, I am giving these forums a long break. Some of the best photographers I have had the privilege to...
  12. Quentin_Bargate

Sigma DP0 Quattro shots

There is a gallery of sample of images from the DP0 Quattro now available SIGMA dp0 Quattro | 株式会社シグマ
  13. Quentin_Bargate

Sigma Quattro series - Enduring issues

Sigma have just released a firmware upgrade for the Quattro series and a new version of Sigma Photo Pro, version 6.2.1. Yesterday I upgraded both software and firmware. There does seem to be some real improvement in shadow detail, but so far as I can see, there is no improvement in the...
  14. Quentin_Bargate

Rants of the Year 2014

Please, can no manufacturer of interchangeable lens cameras (below MF in sensor size) release a new camera line without launching some FAST primes at the same time? I am a little fed up with F/4 zooms or even F/2.8 "fast" lenses. F/2 is not truly "fast". Fast means at least F/1.4. My...
  15. Quentin_Bargate

Sigma DP1 Quattro Shots

Start the ball rolling.
  16. Quentin_Bargate

hasselblad H back on a tech camera - options?

Dear All I tried to get an answer to this question on the Luminous Landscape forum, but sadly not much from that source as yet. I am considering what the best options might be for using my Hassy H5D 200MS back on a technical camera in the field (i.e. not the studio). I will need tilt, shift...
  17. Quentin_Bargate

H5D-200MS single versus multishot difference

OK so its raining outside and to alleviate the boredom, I thought I would try and see how great the differences are between a single shot taken with the Hassy 200MS, i.e. a 50mp shot, rezzed up to the same size as a shot taken immediately afterwards using the full resolution of this camera. Not...
  18. Quentin_Bargate

Sigma DP2 Quattro Shots

A couple of years ago, I started a thread on the then new Sigma DP2 Merrill camera. I was very impressed by the image quality. Today, I took delivery of its successor, the DP2 Quattro, and, as with the DP2M, I decided to take a few casual shots over lunch to form a first view of the image...
  19. Quentin_Bargate

Nikon PC-E 24mm / D800E stitching experiment

A quick experiment to produce an even larger file (70mp) stiching three shifted images on a D800E (link to large jpeg file) using the Nikon 24mm F/3.5 PC-E lens Kitchen Image And a smaller version Sorry for the messy kitchen :p Bear in mind that this is a kitchen in a very old house where...
  20. Quentin_Bargate

DP2 /1 Merrill flash options

Has anyone tried using a Nikon SB800 flash with the Merrills? I don't want to damage the camera but it might be a choice in non-TTL mode. Alternatvely has anyone tried the larger Sigma guns in TTL mode on a DP2 / 1 Merrill? I will want bounce flash so I am ruling out the small dedicated...