The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. H

Olympus magnification and peaking for manual focus - NEED HELP

I just bought a Pen-F for vacations and have been having fun setting it up, but I'm having a problem with manual focus. I only bought 2 lenses. The 12-40 Pro and the 17/1.8. Both lenses have the manual ring on them to switch between AF and MF. The 12-40 reacts exactly as I would expect for...
  2. H

What RAW processor are you using for X-E2 or X-T1 files?

What RAW processor are you using for X-E2 files or X-T1 files? I been a dedicated LR guy for quite awhile, however I really don't use the DAM of it very much. Not much stays on my computer, it all goes to the RAID drives after the project is done. I file it myself by job, project, customer...
  3. H

Fun with the RX1r

I tried a search for this with no success, so if I missed it and started a new thread incorrectly please move it. Thanks. Here are a few JPEGs straight out of the camera. Love this camera for my primary vacation camera.
  4. H

Help on a decision - Sony A900 or D3x

I unfortunately need to get another DSLR system again, for action & concert work. I love my MF system, but it is just not the tool for this work. On the plus side, my Hassy system is staying. Previously, I was always a Nikon shooter when it came to DSLR. I love the ergonomics and menu...
  5. H

WTS: Phase Camera system - P30+

I am selling a like new Phase One Camera (AFDIII), with the new 80/2.8 D Phase Lens, and Phase P30+ back. All with original packaging, papers, cables, accessories, etc... (warranty is till 6/09) $13,000 shipped in the U.S. Overseas sale possible, if you pay for shipping and insurance. I...
  6. H

Profoto 600R Compact Set (2 lights/stands/umbrella/etc...) for sale

I am selling the Profoto Compact (monolight) kit. It comes complete in padded packing case. Included is everything that Profoto originally supplied 2 600R compact lights (Pocket wizard built-in), two zoom reflectors, two Wescott stands, two Wescott umbrellas, sync cord, padded case...
  7. H

Phocus 1.0.1 update available

A bugfix release of Phocus is available on the Hassy site, which fixes several of the bugs. It states that it also fixes the Aperture/Phocus conflict for this battling with it. Best, Ray
  8. H

Hasselblad files and PhotoMechanic

Good news for those of you who want to use PhotoMechanic. www.camerabits.com ------------------------- From: Jerry Hebert Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 09:48:15 -0700 To: Ray Harms Subject: Re: Support for Hasselblad H3DII39 files Hi Ray, Thank you for the files. I will update the developers...
  9. H

Lens comparison of Hassy HC 80 vs. 110

I'm very curious about the 110/2.2 HC lens. I do not have it, but would like to know from anyone who does have it how it compares the to the 80/2.8. What is the handling like, how is the OOF rendering, sharpness, color, detail, contrast, etc... When & for what uses do you prefer it over the...
  10. H

Product Shots - Comments requested please.

OK guys & gals - feel free to start the stoning;) I also own a firearms company that makes aftermarket frames for Glock pistols. Our primary market is competition, law enforcement, and military. Here are a couple of shots that I have done for various purposes. Many others I can not post as...
  11. H

Which flash cable for M8 and SF24D

I know some of you guys are using the SF24D off camera with a Nikon or other cable. Which cable works with the M8 / SF24D and allows all functions. I tried my Nikon SC-28 but it does not seem to allow me to adjust EV comp on the flash. Thanks, Ray
  12. H

WTS : Like New Nikon 24-70/2.8 Zoom

I am going to sell my Nikon 24-70/2.8 lens. It is the newest and possibly greatest zoom Nikon has produced. The lens is like new with all paperwork, accessories, and the box. MF digital is calling too loudly and after a lot of heart wrenching, MF and an M8 will do everything that I enjoy or...
  13. H

Phocus and Aperture Problem - HELP !!!

Phocus (beta) and Aperture don't seem to play well together. Do any of you using Phocus also have Aperture on your machine? Since loading Phocus, has Aperture refused to work? See this email which I sent Hasselblad yesterday. I'll post what they respond, when they answer. Date: Wed, 28...
  14. H

First impressions on the Hassy vs. Phase decision

First I want to thank Lance for all his help and continued communication. I had the chance to shoot the Mamiya AFDII with the old 80/2.8 , old 150/3.2?, and old 120/4 Macro in Puerto Rico, using a P25, P30+, & P45+. The files were fabulous once I got the depth of field and shutter speed...
  15. H

Nikon D3 & travel

This is something that I would never have considered before, but am having some second thoughts. I'm going to the San Juan trip in about week, and was planning to take the M8 kit. I was going to take the M8 with 21/2.8 ASPH, 28/2.0 ASPH, 35/2.0 ASPH, 50/1.4 ASPH, & 90/2.8 plus flash and all...
  16. H

Capture NX & View NX Updated

Nikon just updated Capture NX and View NX. Looks like they added some some cool new features, that will work with the updated D3 firmware. I'm really interested in the Vignetting control that they have implemented in the firmware and Capture NX. Sounds like it is similar to what Leica did on...
  17. H

Viveza & Aperture

I'm getting more excited about Aperture. It is now on the Nik site about their support for aperture and your plug-in purchase is good for both PhotoShop and Aperture.:thumbs: From the NIK site: Pricing & Availability: Retail Price Viveza retails for USD $249.95. Registered users who...
  18. H

Leica 21, 24, 28

I'm in the middle of a debate over a possible lens consolidation, and was looking for some comments from people that have used the three current Leicas (21,24,28). I did not want to post this over on the LUF, considering there was a somewhat similar thread between 21 & 24 lenses that went south...
  19. H

Capture One Pro 3.7.8 not good for D3

As I posted in another thread, I have been having trouble using Capture One Pro 3.7.8 recently. I related it to installing Capture One 4, but it seems that Capture One Pro 3.7.8 is not really compatible with the D3 yet. See below from Phase One tech support. 08. Apr 2008 05:32 Jakub...
  20. H

Capture One 4 & 3.7.8

OK WTF!!!!!!!! I just downloaded Capture One 4 with my original M8 license which was never used, as I already owned Capture One Pro individually before. I wanted to try some of the new features in Capture One 4. Capture One 4 is working fine. HOWEVER, Capture One Pro 3.7.8 now opens up and...