The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. Chris Giles

And here are the GFX adaptors....all 20 of them

KIPON start to sell adapaters for FUJI GFX medium format camera-KIPON adapter KIPON L/M-GFX KIPON L/R-GFX KIPON EF-GFX KIPON NIKON G-GFX KIPON EXAKTA-GFX KIPON OM-GFX KIPON MD-GFX KIPON VISO-GFX KIPON C/Y-GFX KIPON M42-GFX KIPON ROLLEI-GFX KIPON P/K-GFX KIPON FD-GFX KIPON ALPA-GFX KIPON...
  2. Chris Giles

GFX suddenly taken off B&H website

Australia certainly has some interesting animals :grin:
  3. Chris Giles

GFX suddenly taken off B&H website

That is a lot of money. Although I expect a lot of third party adaptors. If you can adapt LS lenses you should be able to adapt pretty much every MF lens ever made? And that, if true, will be phenomenal. I'm really excited about this cam. It might even be I can fit my Canon glass on it, cropped...
  4. Chris Giles

Where is the X1D ????

Good point, the only Fuji I've owned was an X-Pro1 and that was already out :ROTFL:
  5. Chris Giles

Where is the X1D ????

I ducked out of Medium Format a year or two ago and have been looking for a reason to duck back in ever since. When the X1D was announced I was all for it, but held off ordering one because of my negative experience with Hasselblad, even though when the cameras work they're ace. But, issues...
  6. Chris Giles

The Fuji GFX

I saw the 110mm F2 and got all excited. Mirroless 645z with an F2 lens. Haha zomg. Worth the undisclosed price point alone.
  7. Chris Giles

The Fuji GFX

These days the camera manufacturer who gets my money will be the one who gives me ease of use features. Like custom framing overlays in the viewfinder and a joystick to control the AF points. Slowly camera manufacturers are waking up to this fact. Image quality is pretty much reaching the...
  8. Chris Giles

The Fuji GFX

I think this post should be moved, it's not true medium format. Loves and hugz - Phase One
  9. Chris Giles

Canon 5D MK IV

Pixel pitch: 645z 5.32 5D4 5.36 As a user of both, I feel they share the same glossy look I loved so much in the 645z. Really nice four year camera there.
  10. Chris Giles

Hasselblad X1D

What really hacks me off are cameras without a joystick to select the AF point. Totally disrupts the flow of a shoot. It's what stops me from giving more time to mirrorless as an option for weddings.
  11. Chris Giles

Hasselblad X1D

In response to the Fuji / Sony MF suggestion: It seems like only a few years ago (probably because it was) that we had our first compact with a 35mm sensor in. Now we 35mm sensors in loads of bodies and have a compact with a medium format sensor. Price doesn't really come into it when a type...
  12. Chris Giles

Hasselblad X1D

I agree, my main worry is AF speed and buffer capacity / clearance time. Mainly it would be great for bridal prep, the ceremony, reception and the couple shots. But with anything I often want to shoot and chimp quite quickly. I found the 10 second wait after a burst with t 645Z killed the moment...
  13. Chris Giles

Hasselblad X1D

What Synn said ^ The problem I had shooting MF for weddings was buffer amount and clearance speed, camera noise and low light AF ability. Sort that and I might have a whole new setup in 2017.
  14. Chris Giles

Hasselblad X1D

If I can't autofocus with a HC 100mm 2.2 then that changes things. Let's see what we can find out over the coming weeks.
  15. Chris Giles

Hasselblad X1D

On the subject of flash solutions I've 12 x Canon 600EX-RT's which can be triggered wirelessly across 4 channels by a Yongnuo YN-E3-RT on any camera with a normal hotshoe (Canon / Nikon etc) Manually of course, but I rarely use TTL - heck I can use this setup on my lowly Pentax GR2.
  16. Chris Giles

Hasselblad X1D

Don't tell the Canon and Nikon users.
  17. Chris Giles

Hasselblad X1D

Also, as I understand it the only cameras out there are pre production units with limited features on them. So maybe it's too early to know the final behaviour and why we are limited regarding AF speed, refresh rates, buffer size and so on.
  18. Chris Giles

Hasselblad X1D

The EVF refresh rate is the same as the A7rii - I didn't know there was anything wrong with that? Shutter lag is the main thing to look at.
  19. Chris Giles

Hasselblad X1D

Agreed. The goodness of this camera is speculative. Sure, it's got a great sensor, manual controls and dual SD card slots, etc. We know what it's got. But we don't know what it's actually like. How it performs, it's speed and accuracy and how elegant it is in use are what will make it a great...
  20. Chris Giles

Hasselblad X1D

Wedding photographer checking in. I shoot around 50 weddings a year, currently with a dual 5DSr setup. I loved using my old 645z for them but the screw based AF as well as the shutter noise killed it for me. I was still using it for portraits and formals though but carrying two systems...