The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. Chris Giles

And here are the GFX adaptors....all 20 of them

KIPON start to sell adapaters for FUJI GFX medium format camera-KIPON adapter KIPON L/M-GFX KIPON L/R-GFX KIPON EF-GFX KIPON NIKON G-GFX KIPON EXAKTA-GFX KIPON OM-GFX KIPON MD-GFX KIPON VISO-GFX KIPON C/Y-GFX KIPON M42-GFX KIPON ROLLEI-GFX KIPON P/K-GFX KIPON FD-GFX KIPON ALPA-GFX KIPON...
  2. Chris Giles

Sensor size and Hyperfocal range (with the same lens)

Hi all, I've a question about Hyperfocal distance as I'm seeing all sorts of cross talk involving actual focus, perceived focus and so on. If shooting a scene with a lens at say, 35mm focal length on a full frame sensor (could be medium format 6x7, 35mm FF or 6x4.5) at F8 would the area of...
  3. Chris Giles

I just found a burning desire for a feature on the 5ds

6:4.5 and 8:10 crop modes. Currently the 5dsr has an overlay for 1.6x and 1.3x but it would be really nice to have 1:1 and several other crop modes. I didn't think much of them at first but load the raws into Lightroom and the crop setting goes with it and the ovf has an overlay to assist with...
  4. Chris Giles

The Sigma 24-35 F2 is in and so is the review

And it was gooood: Sigma 24-35 mm F2 lens Review for Wedding Photography
  5. Chris Giles

I just wrote up my experiences with the Pentax 645z

Hi everyone, for any that are interested I just published a series of posts on the Pentax 645z. It isn't hugely technical but covers weddings and portraiture, CCD vs CMOS, Dynamic range, Image quality, Weatherproofing and the Flash solutions. If after reading you want to know anything else...
  6. Chris Giles

FS - Hasselblad H4D50 and other H series items

Hi all, I'm currently selling my H series gear: Hasselblad H4D50 body and an extra grip (both 7.2v li-ions) 24718 actuations - £6600 150mm 3.2 HC lens - 8251 actuations - 1150 1.7x Convertor - £550 13mm Extension tube - £150 These are all on ebay with images here: My listings The above...
  7. Chris Giles

The Sigma DP cameras

Possibly the wrong forum section I know, but this is more related to Medium format in direction. I love my H4D50, LOVE it. But I usually use it for personal projects and travel stuff. But now, I'm thinking about taking something much much lighter. The Sigma DP system seems interesting. High...
  8. Chris Giles

Hasselblad HC 35mm lens, minty mint

I recently purchased a H4D50 kit used and have a duplicate lens I want to sell. This is the newer of the two, with 3242 actuations on it, a perfect lens hood and spotless body. This lens is super for landscapes, I don't like going much wider. Comes as pictured, no box (but will be packaged...
  9. Chris Giles

Leaf Aptus 22 complete setup, H series fit with peli case 4913 actuations

Here is a complete H series fit leaf aptus 22 set. All in mint condition. I've an H4D50 and I'm getting married next year. One has to go. Leaf aptus 22 back (the revised flat power button version) front and rear covers + battery cover + stylus Spare stylus, white diffuser for lens corrections...
  10. Chris Giles

Stock agencies, image sales

Guys, I couldn't think of where to ask this on the forum, but for those who license / sell their images online digitally where do you do it? I've signed up to Alamy but not really done anything about it as I've heard stock sites and microstock is well, 'not worth the effort'.
  11. Chris Giles

H series to RZ adapter plates

I've a leaf 22 on it's way in H mount, at last. I miss the leaf look and as it's not a locked back I'm considering putting it on a RZ67. Question is, is there anything I need to know about this. Are there many differing types of adapter for the RZ pro, Pro ii and Pro iiD? Thanks! Chris
  12. Chris Giles

Is the P45+ back now over rated / over hyped?

I'm still seeing crazy, crazy prices for these and in many places the Leaf backs also. You can buy a H3DII 39 for around the 4-5K GBP mark here in the UK yet I'm seeing the asking prices of the Phase backs in the 6-8k mark. I bought my H3DII 39 for £4500 and sure, it's fixed to this one body...
  13. Chris Giles

Difference between the 39II and 50II

Hi guys, can anyone tell me if there is much of an IQ difference between the sensors, ISO performance relative to each other etc? I have the 39II but am considering a jump up.
  14. Chris Giles

FS UK - Hasselblad H1 + P25 Back + Film Back + Extra grip and film

For sale is my Hasselblad H1 Series camera which was purchased as a demo model earlier this year. (Which is why the shutter count is so very low at 3836, it's hardly been used). Also included is a Phase One P25 back which I purchased used at the same time, this has 21667 actuations on it...
  15. Chris Giles

So I went for pancakes...

Here in the UK the 40mm 2.8 Pancake lens showed up today and all over the place. A main dealer local to me had 2 arrive so I snapped one up. Currently I'm going to be too busy to put it through any proper tests but a few things have occured to me: 1: The AF motor isn't silent like I expected...
  16. Chris Giles

Blurred images on the 39mp back

I'm at 39mp now and I did the usual comparison to my 22mp back. I was a little surprised how soft the 39 looked in comparison but have nailed it down to the shutter not being fast enough. With 35mm you'd match the shutter speed (or greater) to eliminate handshake. With the smaller pixels of the...
  17. Chris Giles

The P45+ back, what's so special?

I've been looking at 39mp backs for the H series and what constantly surprises me is the price of the P45+ Why is it so high relative to an entire H3DII 39 system? Especially as they are the same sensor. Based on used prices the H3DII is 30% less. Has lens corrections and enhancements via...
  18. Chris Giles

What's the best colour landscape film?

That's still available that is? When I shoot landscapes I often shoot digital first to gauge exposure and then pop the film back on and take the shot, often braketting the shots. (In medium format). I'd like low noise negative film. Currently I use Ektar. Something that is correct for it's ISO...
  19. Chris Giles

For those who moves from the P25 to the H3d 39...

Other than the files size, what were your observations? I love my P25 but I put it head to head with the 5D3 today and found the 5D3 files were more maleable to editing yet the P25 files were much much sharper and had better colour. Without brazenly going out and buying one, has anyone before...
  20. Chris Giles

WTB - P45+ for Hasselblad H series

If anyone has one of these please could you let me know. I'm based in Brighton UK so anyone near to me with one would be preferred. Thanks, Chris