The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. Steen

Emerging life

Went for a spring stroll with the AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4E PF ©lick for actual pixels © • Nikon D500 • AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4E PF ED VR • f/4 ISO 100 • Capture NX-D
  2. Steen

Emerging life

April 2019 on latitude 56° 00 N ©lick for actual pixels © • Nikon D500 • AF-S Nikkor 1.8/85mm G • 1/320 sec. at f/8 ISO 100 • Capture NX-D • [b896_50A_5152]
  3. Steen

Nikon D6 Possibly 60 megapixels

Nikon D6 Rumor possibly clickbait ? Hm :toocool: Isn't this so-called 'rumor' just a new "Camera News website" trying to make some clickbait in order to get their brand new website up and running ? So far I haven't found one single article on the entire website with just one single comment.
  4. Steen

OVF vs EVF

Here's the link to the Nikon Df thread - in my opinion one of the most funny and passionate conversations we have had about a rumored new camera model. https://www.getdpi.com/forum/nikon/49079-digital-nikon-fm2.html Nikon ought to pay careful attention to the amount and reason of excitement...
  5. Steen

OVF vs EVF

Ovf Indeed What I see is what I capture
  6. Steen

OVF vs EVF

Ovf :thumbup: WYSIWYS - what you see is what you see
  7. Steen

Macro thread everyone?

thanks a lot, John, and all, here's something different, just for a change my wife prefers good old-fashioned pencils she is very old-school - that's why she loves me so much :lecture: © • click for actual pixels © • Nikon D500 • AF-S Micro Nikkor 2.8/60mm G • 0.625 sec. at f/8 ISO...
  8. Steen

Macro thread everyone?

Macro thread everyone ? Morning-glory Plume Moth (Emmelina monodactyla) © • click for actual pixels © • Nikon D500 • AF-S Micro Nikkor 2.8/60mm G • 1/2 sec. at f/8 ISO 100 • Capture NX-D • [b892_50A_4512]
  9. Steen

I made a mistake,

Errare humanum est I wish I had bought your D750, Rayyan. In that case you could have had it back now. I'm still contemplating the D850 if I can afford it in a not too distant future. Otherwise I'll most likely go with a D750 as the 24x36mm format companion to my APS-C format D500...
  10. Steen

Fun with Nikon Images

I once had a 404, my favorite car of my life :) Nice shots and congrats on your new camera, Photon42 :thumbup:
  11. Steen

Finally a satisfying Photokina

I have no smartphone at all, but I have just invested in a boatload of beer due to fear of the current leadership. Just in case.
  12. Steen

Help: Why Am I getting Darker Images than what I see on my D750

Like Rayyan said, judge the brightness of the picture itself by the histogram (our most important exposure tool). The brightness of your monitor on the camera can be adjusted like this, according to your User's Manual page 376. MENU button >> Setup menu >> Monitor Brightness >> Multi selector...
  13. Steen

slow day here...

slow day here ... © • click for actual pixels © • Nikon D500 • AF-S Nikkor 1.8/28mm G • 1/60 sec. at f/8 ISO 800 • Capture NX-D • [b890_50A_0991]
  14. Steen

Nikon mirrorless ?

What ?? Let me say it, for your benefit: Sony is better :lecture:
  15. Steen

Nikon mirrorless ?

C'mon man, be specific, who started it all (in this thread and in general on GetDPI), what is it really all about ... ?
  16. Steen

Nikon D800E - Is it possible to reset the frame counter?

Hi Leigh On my D800E it was MENU button >> Custom Settings Menu >> d5: File Number Sequence >> On / Off / Reset And in my User Manual it was page 294 (the manual can be downloaded as a pdf file). Enjoy your new camera, it's a fabulous machine :thumbup: (which I would still use were it...
  17. Steen

Fun with Nikon Images

Thorkil, it's from the place where the pastor and writer Kaj Munk lived, at Ulfborg in Jutland
  18. Steen

Fun with Nikon Images

Ahh yes you're right, Bart :banghead: Even when I try to do some Fun stuff, I end up making Slow Day stuff. Obviously it's all I know how to handle, it's all my eyes see. I promise to stick to it from now on :lecture:
  19. Steen

Fun with Nikon Images

© • click for actual pixels © • Nikon D500 • AF-S Nikkor 1.8/28mm G • 1/60 sec. at f/5.6 ISO 100 • Capture NX-D • [b888_50A_1068]
  20. Steen

Fun with Nikon Images

© • click for actual pixels © • Nikon D500 • AF-S Nikkor 1.8/28mm G • 1/125 sec. at f/5.6 ISO 100 • Capture NX-D • [b886_50A_1046]