The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. Christopher Campbell

WTB: Expression of interest - Imacon 848 or 949

Hello, Steve Hendrix at Capture One in Atlanta helped me purchase a pre-owned Imacon 848 in 2014 from one of his professional clients. I worked with Eric Peterson at Hasselblad, who handled Imacon technical support and service at Hasselblad, to do the basic maintenance: lubricating the lead...
  2. Christopher Campbell

Best lens option for 1:1 macro photography on Arca Rm3di with IQ4 back?

Please note that I have corrected an error in my post from last evening. Typing too quickly, I mistakenly listed the Rodenstock HR Digaron-S 4/100 as my macro/film digitizing lens, when I meant to list the Rodenstock HR Digaron Macro 5.6/105. Information on that (utterly spectacular) lens can be...
  3. Christopher Campbell

Bernard, Before I had my current set-up, I used Lenny Eiger (Petaluma, CA) when I needed the best possible drum scans of analog film. IIRC, Lenny felt that 8000 ppi was effectively the limit to extracting useful information from even the finest grain films, and interestingly enough, that is...
  4. Christopher Campbell

I also do film scanning with an Arca-Swiss camera, repurposing a 6x9 f-metric with an IQ3 100MP Trichromatic. As anyone knows who has done film digitizing to the highest standard, it's real work to clean, mount, position and capture film, and I have a considerable amount to do, so I put some...
  5. Christopher Campbell

Sharpening workflow?

A number of years ago, I took the time to read Bruce Fraser and Jeff Schewe's Real World Image Sharpening with Adobe Photoshop, Camera Raw and Lightroom, 2nd Edition, Berkeley: Peachpit Press, 2010. It's a substantial and remarkable piece of work, covering the what, why and how of sharpening. As...
  6. Christopher Campbell

Difficulty Dupliating Flat Artwork

In the image of basICColor input, you can see a variety of targets. The large artist's oil paint target in the center is the one I constructed (oil paint drawdowns on polyester film), and it is flanked by an Image Associates/Golden Thread 2x target above. That's a fairly standard object-level...
  7. Christopher Campbell

Difficulty Dupliating Flat Artwork

I am a successful artist, and a very serious photographer, and this is a subject I have worked on for many years, and on which I will be speaking at the upcoming Rijksmuseum 2and3D Photography symposium in June. As others have indicated, it's a very deep subject, but I will list a few critical...
  8. Christopher Campbell

WTB Alpa TC and/or Rodenstock 35mm f4.5 APO Grandagon / ALPA AAA APO ALPAR f4.5 35mm

I have a Rodenstock Apo-Grandagon 4.5/35 lens in a Copal 0 shutter, an Apo-Grandagon 4.5/55 lens in Copal 0 shutter, and the matching Rodenstock Centerfilter E67/86 on consignment with Rod Klukas, the Arca-Swiss representative for the USA. Both lenses were very little used, and are in like-new...
  9. Christopher Campbell

WTB: Rodenstock 35mm and 55 f/4.5 APO-Grandagon

Hello, I have both, in absolutely mint condition, only used perhaps a dozen times for architectural photography. I also have the matching Rodenstock E 67/86 center filter which is designed to be used on both lenses. I bought them as part of an extensive Arca-Swiss F-line metric 6x9 system, and...
  10. Christopher Campbell

Phase One Value Add Warranty and used backs question

Just yesterday I was speaking with Arnab Chatterjee, of Digital Transitions Scientific, while he was at the airport, and learned that much of the staff was on its way to Lisbon for a conference — Archiving 2019: Digitization, Preservation and Access — organized by the Society for Imaging Science...
  11. Christopher Campbell

Anyone compare the IQ4150 against the IQ3100 Achromatic?

These two blog posts don't compare the IQ3 Achromatic, but they give quite a good feel for the relative increase in spatial resolution the IQ4 150MP provides, both with a Schneider 35mm LS f/3.5 lens on an XF camera body, and on a Cambo WRS-5000 with a Rodenstock 4/32mm HR Digaron-W lens...
  12. Christopher Campbell

FS: Black Contax G2 w/21, 45, 90 kit

90mm purchased from JuJu, and received in beautiful condition. Thanks Tung! Christopher
  13. Christopher Campbell

NEX-7 lens comparison at lensrentals.com

There's a very interesting comparison of lenses (Sony, Sigma, Zeiss ZA, and even a Summilux) by Roger Cicala over at lensrentals: LensRentals.com - NEX-7 Lens Imatest Resolution Comparison I was particularly shocked to see the Imatest numbers for the Zeiss ZA 24/1.8, which I have and like very...
  14. Christopher Campbell

Lens experience with Sony Nex-5 and Nex-7

Last night I wrote a reply to Michiel and monza's recent posts, and previewed and posted it without receiving any error message or noticing any problem. After posting, I saw the standard message about it not appearing until approved by the moderator. Now, nearly 24 hours later, I'm wondering if...
  15. Christopher Campbell

Hi Michiel & Monza, The flexibility of the NEX to accept virtually any lens is obviously a huge boon to those of us with large prior collections, but it also makes things complicated! In reviewing some of these threads, I've come to realize that there are essentially three groups of roughly...
  16. Christopher Campbell

Hello all, First post here. I'm an artist (painter, photographer), and also a part-time pro (mostly architectural photography with Canon and Arca-Swiss systems). I've just taken delivery of an NEX-5N (for my Dad, so that I can build him some Adobe DNG profiles), and have an NEX-7 on order...