The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. Kevin Sink

FS: 32mm Rodenstock HR Digaron W, Arca Swiss lens mount

Wehre is the Lens Lichtes? You're going to have to translate.....
  2. Kevin Sink

Excellent, as new condition, just completely refurbished by Rodenstock! The optical engineering of this lens is simply superb. Opening up your raw files in LR or Capture One, then applying some sharpening will blow you away. This lens has to be one of the best wide angle lenses ever made. It’s...
  3. Kevin Sink

FS: 210mm Schneider Apo Symmar L, f5.6

General Comments: When you need to reach out across a lake to a row of trees, shoot a hillside of aspens, employ a selective focus technique, this is an ideal lens. It is beautifully sharp within the depth of field range, but it being a 210mm, that dof range is small, especially on subjects...
  4. Kevin Sink

FS: 90mm Rodenstock Apo Sironar Digital, f5.6

General Comments: This is the older rendition of the Rodenstock 90mm, not to be confused with the much more expensive Digaron 90mm HR. This lens may not be quite as sharp as the HR version, but is still a truly exceptional lens. It also has the distinct advantage of not requiring an extension...
  5. Kevin Sink

The optical engineering of this lens is simply superb. Opening up your raw files in LR or Capture One, then applying some sharpening will blow you away. This lens has to be one of the best wide angle lenses ever made. It’s stunningly sharp when centered on the P65 sensor, with only modest...
  6. Kevin Sink

FS: Phase One P65, Contax Mount

The P65 has been one of the most successful medium format digital backs ever produced. This back is in excellent condition. Capture Integration in Atlanta has just cleaned & inspected the back and given it their seal of approval. Documentation available on request. Moderate exposure count of...
  7. Kevin Sink

Arca Swiss Rm3di & Phase One P65 System for sale

Just a quick follow up: Only available to a buyer in the US. Thanks for all the interest!
  8. Kevin Sink

Arca Swiss Rm3di & Phase One P65 System for sale

I have used this camera system for the last 3 of my 25 years as a professional landscape photographer. The extreme precision and control this system provides, along with some of the best optics in the photographic industry has allowed me to capture some of the best work in my career. If you...
  9. Kevin Sink

Dear Phase One - it's 2015! Where is my modern FF back??!

I kind of wish Phase would stop thinking we can continue to afford astronomical pricing. I'm a working pro photographer, and I LOVE my Phase/Arca system, but the price differential compared to Sony/Canon is just so crazy now it makes it almost impossible to think of staying with Phase after my...
  10. Kevin Sink

Lightroom CC 32-bit HDR and P/P+ backs on tech cam

This is very interesting! I'd like to see a crop at 400%.. I make very large enlargements from my Arca Rm3di/Phase One P65 setup. I found the FFC deficient in several ways in LR. One, it doesn't use the dark channel information from the P65 back. This resulted in horrible single pixel noise...
  11. Kevin Sink

Show us your Tech Cam

The Bergans looks heavy, even empty. From their website it looks like it weighs 11 lbs. Did I read that correctly? Is it waterproof? Looks like a beast though - very durable. Need to do more squats & deadlifts for this puppy! :bugeyes:
  12. Kevin Sink

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Equipment: Arca Rm3di, Phase One P65+, Schneider 60mm XL, f13 Technique: 3 shot stitch, 15mm left, center, 15mm right, LCC's applied, C1 v8, Resulting file size: 425 Mb (19 x 45" @ 300 dpi) Location: Wasatch Mountains, Utah Notes: THANK YOU Phase One for incorporating highlight/shadow recovery...
  13. Kevin Sink

http://www.getdpi.com/gallery/files/1/3/4/6/9/clearing-aspen-storm.jpg This one looks fuzzy...

http://www.getdpi.com/gallery/files/1/3/4/6/9/clearing-aspen-storm.jpg This one looks fuzzy. The original is razor sharp.... All I did was downsize in PS & save for web, 1200 x 540, and file size was about 700K. Maybe it just looks fuzzy in gallery but if I were to post it, it would look...
  14. Kevin Sink

What camera should I buy?

Excellent. I especially like the "pimped out in gold" reference. I also like the "why are you here and not out making money"..... I'm signing off now to bring in bacon for my kids college. Thanks for bringing levity to the forum!
  15. Clearing Aspen Storm 2

Clearing Aspen Storm 2

Three shot pano stitch
  16. Clearing Aspen Storm

Clearing Aspen Storm

Three exposure pano stitch.
  17. Kevin Sink

Hi Jack. I'm trying to post a photo on the tech cam images thread, and my images always look...

Hi Jack. I'm trying to post a photo on the tech cam images thread, and my images always look small! I followed the directions in the FAQ, and sized the image to be 1200 x 540, and when I preview the post the pic looks like a thumbnail!!!! What am I doing wrong? Dan Linbergs shots always look...
  18. Kevin Sink

ultimate MF landscape lens - digital or film

I concur with Guy on this one. I have the Rody 32mm & the Schneider 60. Both are incredible lenses but the 32mm performance starts to dip along the edges & corners if you shift 10mm from center. The Schneider 60 is a lens from the Gods. As my friend John Smith says, "be careful with the...
  19. Kevin Sink

Phase One: Photokina 2014; C1v8, IQ150, Alpa Alliance, P+ Upgrade, Warranty Info

I'll chime in on the C1 v8 initial reviews. Thank God they have shadow/highlight recovery now available as a gradient layer mask. The quality of recovery is better than v7 and on par with LR. Also, the noise reduction seems better with less muddy, sludgy artifact when leaning on the sliders...