The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. G

FS: Fuji GFX 100s

Due to a change in focus - I am planning to concentrate almost exclusively on video going forward - I’m looking to move on some gear. Final piece for now is my Fuji GFX 100s (no lens). Camera has only been used indoors, and is in excellent condition. Original box included. Owned from new by...
  2. G

FS: Sigma FP

Due to an upgrade to the Canon R5 C and the fact I am planning to focus almost exclusively on video going forward, I’m looking to move on some gear. Next up is a Sigma FP (no lens). Original box included. Owned from new by me, and only light use. I am away from home right now but can provide...
  3. G

FS: Panasonic S1R & 24-105 kit

Due to an upgrade to the Canon R5 C and the fact I am planning to focus almost exclusively on video going forward, I’m looking to move on some gear. First up is my S1R/24-105 kit. Lens and camera have only been used indoors, and are both in excellent condition. Original box included. Owned...
  4. G

Macro/pixel shift test - thoughts on validity of this approach?

Hi all - Now I've got my Fuji GFX 100S, I thought I'd investigate for myself what the situation is with the pixel shift capability. Obviously based on everything I've seen elsewhere, I don't believe it is fit for purpose (yet). Of course if one wants to multiply the resolution of an image by a...
  5. G

Capture One pricing increasing by 25% next week

Not sure of the details for those who subscribe monthly like me, but Francois on the Fuji GFX Facebook group reports receiving this email today - " Following the launch of Capture One 21 and after reviewing our plans for future innovation, we’ll be updating our prices on perpetual license...
  6. G

Fuji GFX100S priced at $5999

That should shake things up a bit. Personally I was hoping for it to be in the $8k ballpark, but I reckon this is beyond anybody's wildest expectations. https://www.fujirumors.com/fujifilm-gfx100s-to-cost-5999-the-ultimate-fujifilm-attack-on-high-resolution-full-frame-cameras/ The article...
  7. G

14mm lens with 65mm image circle

https://petapixel.com/2020/10/30/laowa-unveils-15mm-f-4-5-shift-lens-the-worlds-widest-shift-lens-for-full-frame-cameras/ Blimey.
  8. G

Canon 8-15mm on Fuji GFX?

Hi all - Has anyone shot the Canon 8-15mm on a Fuji GFX? I'm interested to see what it looks like at 15mm. Kind regards, Gerald.
  9. G

50mm f/0.95 for Fuji GFX

Well now, this might be of interest to a few here. I'm patiently awaiting my copy of the recently released TTArtisan 50mm f/0.95 for use on my Panasonic S1R and Sigma fp using the Leica M-L adapter, and on searching around on the web for news/reviews on the lens, stumbled across this - 50mm...
  10. G

What will happen to the content?

Naturally it is very sad to see the announcement that has been posted regarding the shutting of this site on June 1st. The content that has been posted here by hundreds/thousands of individuals over the years has significant value (I am not thinking from a financial perspective). What will...
  11. G

Phase One XT Camera System Announced

https://www.phaseone.com/en/Photography/XT-Camera-System
  12. G

Phase One IQ4 150 discounts

Hello all - As some will have noticed, I made a decision a while back to move off the Phase One train, having previously owned IQ180, P45+ Achromatic, IQ380 and finally IQ3 100, which I am currently trying to off-load in the Buy/Sell forum here. Graham made an interesting point that the...
  13. G

FS: Phase One IQ3 100

Hi all - For sale is my Phase One IQ3 100. Anyone in the market for one of these will know what it is, so I will spare you all the sales talk. Excellent condition - has only ever been used on a tech cam mounted on a studio stand in an indoor studio. Poor thing has never seen blue sky...
  14. G

CapCAM - any other owners here?

Hi all - Reaching out to see if there are any other members here who own a CapCAM. I would very much appreciate getting in contact. Kind regards, Gerald.
  15. G

Phase One - a cautionary tale regarding their "support"

Ulf Liljegren - "Phase One offers the best in-class support, promising our hardware users a response from the globally positioned support team within 8 hours, regardless of location and no matter what the concern. "We promise to respond within 8 hours. But typically, that is 7 hours more than...
  16. G

Adapting old Mamiya manual lenses to work with XF

Hi all - I can't seem to track down where it was detailed what needed to be done to the old Mamiya lenses to get them to work with the XF. Since I'm looking to sell a few of these, I'm thinking it would make sense for me to actually do this adaptation at my end, rather than expect the buyer to...
  17. G

FS: Mamiya 200mm, 300mm f/2.8 APO's and 2x converter

Hi all - I have the following items for sale - Mamiya 645 - 200mm f/2.8 APO Mamiya 645 - 300mm f/2.8 APO Mamiya 645 - 2x teleconverter To the best of my knowledge there are no modern equivalents to these lenses, and the 300/2.8 in particular is a legendary piece of kit that originally sold...
  18. G

Taking advantage of the IQ3 100 electronic shutter with regular ALPA cameras

Hi all - Following a query from a forum member who is considering purchasing a couple of my old manual Mamiya lenses, I thought it would be worth clearing up a confusion that seems to be rather commonly held (and even by people at ALPA it seems!). When the FPS was introduced, it opened up a...
  19. G

For sale - lots of ALPA gear

Hi all - Well it's with a heavy heart that I have decided to sell off all my ALPA gear. The direction of my photography has changed, and all of this equipment has been sat in the Pelican cases for over 2 years now with almost zero use in that time. Everything has been very well looked after...
  20. G

IQ3 100 Achromatic!

Hi all - A bit of a scoop from Dubai here, where Phase One are showing the yet-to-be-officially-announced IQ3 100 Achromatic at Photography Live. I was offered a play, but I refused as I just know that one look at a file coming off this and I'll be crying for years because I'll never be able...