The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. GMB

Thinking about the Hassi XCD2 plus 2-3 lenses

I am not sure whether I simply "suffer" from GAS or not. I am a long-term shooter of the Leica S (currently the S007) and have almost all lenses, including the zoom (which is the lens I use most). I also have the M10-R (plus several lenses), and recently got a Canon R6ii (mostly for wildlife...
  2. GMB

Please help! Card issue with Canon R6ii

I purchased a Canon R6ii this summer. Generally quite happy. I use to Angelbird V60 128 GB Av Pro cards. Both worked fine the first time around. After the first use, I formatted both in camera. Within 10 days, I received for both cards a message that the camera cannot access the card, that the...
  3. GMB

Lumix G9 file transfer to Ipad

I am asking this to safe my marriage. I bought my wife a G9 and pushed her to shoot raw. While traveling, she wants to transfer photos to her Ipad to select and do some basic editing before posting or sending to friends. She uses the Panasonic app. She would like to transfer JPEG files not...
  4. GMB

Filtersystem for MF

Hi. I am in the process of buying a filter system for my S007. In particular, a 6 stop ND as well as 3 stop soft, hard, and reverse GND. I am leaning towards the Haida M15 system. Does anyone have experience with that system? How useful do you think pol filters are for landscape (I have...
  5. GMB

ISO recomendation studio light for MF

I am shooting with the Leica S007 (as well as the Leica M10M). I want to experiment with studio portrait photography and I am confused what best to get as the main light, which I want to to be able to modify as a soft light as well as a hard light. I would prefer continuous light over strobes...
  6. GMB

Looking for advice on portrait project

I would like to shoot portraits of owners of small shops and business in my area for an exhibition. Ideally, I would like to use the Leica S (006) with a 35 mm lens. The shots will be inside their business. The subjects will be either sitting or standing. These will be full body shots and...
  7. GMB

Processing images on the road

What do you guys use to do basic image processing and storage while on the road? Specifically, when you are traveling (very) light. When on the road by car I typically used my Mac Book Pro. But I now have a couple of trips coming up where I want to travel very light and where the Mac Book is...
  8. GMB

Seeking lens advice for light travel

My wife and I are going for a six week trip to Japan this September/October. We want to travel (very) light, i.e., no checked luggage. I intend to take M10 along. Question: What lenses. 4 is the maximum I want to take. I have 24 2.8, 28 2.0, 35 2.0, 50 1.4, 50 Noctilux, 75 2.0 and 1.4, 90 2.8...
  9. GMB

How do you clean your S sensor

Despite my best efforts (switching the camera off before lens change, holding it down while changing lenses, keeping the back lens of the lenses clean, avoiding changing lenses in the dust etc.), the sensor becomes dirty and requires cleaning. I just wonder what is the best procedure. My...
  10. GMB

Leica S 100 cron

I am contemplating getting this lens and curious to hear from those who have it what their impressions/views are, in particular how it relates/ compares to the 120 macro.
  11. GMB

Best way to clean front element of a lens

I should know this by now but I don't. I took the S with the zoom out for a walk on the beach. Very windy day. There is a bit of a very light film on the front element of the zoom lens. Basically the salt that was in the air. How would you remove that? Wipe with a lightly humid lens cloth...
  12. GMB

FS: Leica S2 + cable release

I am selling my trusted Leica S2. I bought it in February 2011 from a Leica dealer in Germany. I am a hobbyist and not a professional, and the camera has only about 14,000 actuations. The camera accompanied me to various locations around the world (North America and Canada, Asia, South...
  13. GMB

Optimum exposure

I came across this article on LuLa about optimum exposure. Basically what it says is to expose so that the brightest point of the scene is 99.5% white in the raw file and then correct in post production by bringing down exposure. Thus, if you photograph a black cat on a black carpet you would...
  14. GMB

Lee Big Stopper

When I use the Lee Big Stopper (on the Leica S2), it screws up the white balance and colors. I tried to correct it but without success. Colors are always somewhat unnormal. Do others have similar experiences and ideas how to deal with this? Thanks.
  15. GMB

Nova Scotia; New Brusnwick; Prince Eward Island

I am heading off to Canadian maritime provinces in August for 3 weeks with an RV. Will take my Leica S2 kit + the M9 and may be the MM. Any advice what to shoot and what to pay attention too is much appreciated. Thanks.
  16. GMB

Anyone tried the new Mac Pro?

I am tempted but wonder how much fast it is than the latest 15" MBP with 16 GB RAM and what the best configuration would be for photo work (including MFD).
  17. GMB

Filter system on 30-90 and 24 mm for the S/S2

Last year, we had a discussion on the use of the Lee filter system on the 30-90 mm in this thread. Main issue: Lee does not produce a 95 mm ring. Some suggested to use the Scheider adapter ring. I just wondered whether anyone has any new experience since then. I now also have the 24 mm and...
  18. GMB

External monitor on Mac Book pro

I decided to use my Mac Book Pro retina as the main machine for image processing. However, I will use my Eizo 24" that is hardware calibrated. I have a few questions to the experts here: 1) What do I need to bear in mind when calibrating the Eizo. I downloaded the latest Eizo software that...
  19. GMB

External drives for MBP retina - Options?

I know there a lot of Mac experts out here and so I hope to get some good advice. Background I am not a pro and don't make my living with photography, but I am what you could call a serious hobbyist. My image library is just north of 1 TB. I shoot M9, MM, and S2. Until last month, I did...
  20. GMB

S/S2 and studio flash

I have very little (actually close to no) studio experience. However, I wanted to use the S2 for some studio portraits. I don't have the CS lenses, so I understand that the lowest shutter speed that I can use is 1/125th. Now here is my question: How do I avoid motion blur when shooting with...