The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. A

Artful pics of flora...

Some backyard flowers... Anil
  2. A

Share your Tree Photos

Trying to catch some shots of cherry blossoms in the backyard. Harder than I would have thought! Anil
  3. A

FS: Nikon Coolscan 9000 ED Film Scanner

Still available
  4. A

FS: Leica M-A Silver Chrome

SOLD locally.
  5. A

FS: Leica M-A Silver Chrome

Regretfully selling this to simplify my overall camera gear. In perfect condition and very lightly used. $2950 plus shipping and fees. Anil
  6. A

Lowered to $2250.
  7. A

This was fully serviced by Nikon last year and is in very good condition (except for some cosmetic scratches on the front panel). I'm also including a Anti-Newton glass plate for scanning medium format film (pretty much impossible to keep the film flat without this). Looking for $2300 net. Anil
  8. A

FS: X1D and 45 mm lens

So what exactly is being offered and what's the price? Anil
  9. A

Hasselblad X1D

A new overview video from Ming Thein on the Hasselblad youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eA2IJHgUXE8 Anil
  10. A

The Definitive Sony B&W Images Thread

Really like "A closed door" (with the door slightly open to a dark room). And HDR seems to work for the last picture with a hint of detail in the window. Nice.
  11. A

Fun With Sony Cameras

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them) Nice images Barry, you're on a roll :-) The background seems just a tad busy in this image for me. On the other hand, I do like the mystery of the woods that are not quite fully blurry though, so you might lose that if you were fully wide...
  12. A

Fun With Sony Cameras

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them) Wow, some really nice pictures in the recent days. A recent attempt from me - this is at a local beach here in Lynnwood (to get where, interestingly, you go through a nice little 1.5 hike through the woods): Meadowdale Beach Park, July...
  13. A

A cold evening in Cambridge's Kendall Square sometime last year: Leaves and Towers Anil
  14. A

Fun With Sony Cameras

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them) Thanks Ian, I'm looking forward to your versions. I guess I did indeed pick a somewhat hard subject (definitely exceeding my skills at this moment). The sky was indeed overcast in the foreground, though the hills were sunlit (leading to...
  15. A

Fun With Sony Cameras

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them) Great discussion so far around how we see, remember and then try to recreate our mood or vision in our pictures. I'm again reminded of how great this forum and the community is! Looking at my recent (and very meager) output of pictures, I...
  16. A

Fun With Sony Cameras

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them) Yeah, I'm going to tackle that now (with a somewhat fresh outlook) :-)
  17. A

Fun With Sony Cameras

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them) Hi Ian: Thanks for taking the time for your very thoughtful response - I think you're on the money with everything you say below. I tried to rework the picture with some of your feedback as best as I could. It looks like I've developed...
  18. A

Fun With Sony Cameras

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them) Thanks, I was trying to see if B&W works with a slightly different view. Over all, I think I like the color version better as well :-)
  19. A

Fun With Sony Cameras

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them) Tree stumps at Alder Lake near Mt Rainier:
  20. A

A recent picture near Mt Rainier around Alder Lake.