The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. M

Bent Compact Flash Card Pin

A participant back after a decade. Now the gruesome news. I'm still using my Phase One P45 back on my Contax cameras, my Cambo Wide and my Sinar P2. The back is in great shape and the file quality still meets my needs. Usually I stick to SanDisk compact flash cards but the other day I grabbed...
  2. M

Speedotron Blackline 2403B kits - AZ

Hey Arizona folks ( I really don't want to ship this much stuff) Pro quality flashes. Plenty of power but with the variable power settings they are just as flexible for people or product. Used in studio only but moving out and keeping my Profoto stuff at home. I have TWO bundled kits...
  3. M

Epson 2200 feed issues

It goes "Kachunk Kachunk Whirrrr" several times and doesn't feed and throws the loading error. Sometimes it will feed the sheet totally through without printing on it, and then not load the next sheet. If I keep at it I occasionally get a sheet to feed properly. I've been keeping this around...
  4. M

High Humidity & The M8.2

I'll be traveling for several weeks and there will no doubt be some rain. While I'm not planning on getting water directly on the camera (it would be over my shoulder under a coat when not used) will the increased humidity affect it? Thanks, Mark
  5. M

Anyone using the Leica UV/IR filter for 18mm

If you are, perhaps you can tell me if the filter snugs up when threaded all the way. Since the front element protrudes beyond the edge of the barrel this filter is designed to extend out, so the filter ring is thicker and places the glass away from the front element. The plastic lens hood...
  6. M

Latest in the Leibovitz saga

NEW YORK (Reuters) - An art finance company that lent celebrity photographer Annie Leibovitz $24 million against the value of her entire collection and her properties has sued her for violating the terms of the agreement. In a lawsuit filed in New York State Supreme Court on Wednesday, Art...
  7. M

Custom Diopters or alternative?

Does anyone use, or have any knowledge of, a custom diopter for the M series cameras? I've discovered that I can raise the camera to my eye and get the matching sharpness to my contact lens vision by putting on a pair of +1.25 reading glasses. I'd rather not add the glasses to the shooting...
  8. M

Micro-focus registered with extender?

Next quiz question ..... If you are using a camera that registers the micro-focus adjustment to the specific lens, does the adjustment register differently (from just the lens itself) if you are using the Canon tele-extender II 1.4x? Is the combination of lens and tele-extender 'seen' as a...
  9. M

Will a Gitzo geared column fit on a Gitzo CF tripod?

I have a G410 Studex tripod for which I purchased a G528 geared center column. Works great but very heavy. Currently considering getting either a series 3 or 5 CF tripod. Does anyone know if the G528 geared column can be used with a Studex CF tripod? I'd like to be able to use the geared...
  10. M

Zurich and Paris in September

Heading to these two cities in mid-September, mostly in Zurich to visit my son but am planning several days in Paris also. Having never visited either city I'd appreciate any suggestions of favorite places to photograph. Thanks, Mark