The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. M

Photokina Phase One Announcements: IQ1 100mp, Lenses, IQ3 Kit Updates, C1 v9.3

IQ160 -> IQ3100 is ~US$30k. IQ160 -> IQ1100 is ~US$23k. The pricing seems set by Phase, and no flexibility available. Have to say though, having just played with a IQ3, with the WIFI, on a technical camera with tilts etc, the usage is REALLY nice. (Compared to my IQ160). The field...
  2. M

240 LS + 2x on IQ3 100. - Any users / comments ?

Thanks folks. Will check that out some more. Preparing to take the plunge into XF land.... Regards Mark.
  3. M

Backpack for XF Kit

Couple ICU Setups. Cambo WRS-AE, IQ16, 32HR, 60SK, 120SK, Leica RF, Lee Filter Kit, 2x Filter Holders, 2x Viewfinders, various cables. This is my field shooting setup for the Cambo. Thisis a Medium Pro ICU I think. Leaves room at the top of a Tilopa bag for a bit of hiking gear, and...
  4. M

Backpack for XF Kit

+1 on F-Stop. I've got 3 of their packs, (+1 another for the missues) and a 1/2 dozen ICU's, from the Tilopa up to the new one with TeleCine ICU for carrying around 1dx + 600. They have been all over the world in last 6 years, In the field, Especially Iceland, High arctic, Antarctic...
  5. M

Thanks for the comments, and Interesting video. Anyone else use this combo have any thoughts ? Regards Mark
  6. M

All, Anyone use the 240 LS, + 2x, on an XF body with IQ3-100 ? Looking for any issues, comments, good, bad, Limitations, etc etc. I'm aware that its heavy. Mainly looking at focusing (Autofocus), shooting and resolution topics. My main use is wildlife-in-the-landscape, (Tripod and...
  7. M

Tethering with the Surface Pro 2: Enabling with the Phase IQ Series + Credo MFDBs

The alternative is temporary. Just something that was in the lighting Draw on a full size Manfrotto Clamp. It is heavier (although Solid), and yes, even folded back like it is, it pushes it back too far, and makes it more awkward to get to the camera. Waiting to see what the verdict is on...
  8. M

Tethering with the Surface Pro 2: Enabling with the Phase IQ Series + Credo MFDBs

Thanks for the Replies !. I use a (different) surface pro 3 as full time work computer, so I have plenty of pens around. ( An SP-3 + OneNote pretty much runs my life in meetings. ) I have a tiny Pen tethered to the WRS to use on the IQ touch screen when wearing gloves, so I think I might...
  9. M

I got 2 Gittos heads, and both are 'meh'. It does hold fine nt he stuido, but only if tightened down hard, and can be moved by hand. Mainly not sure I want to trust it in the field. I tightened the little side screw up, didnt' make any difference. I'm heading to the Arctic in just over a...
  10. M

Quick update. Rattled around the lighting and tripod draws to try a few things. As suspected, any even mid size ballheads are just over kill, heavy etc. They also collide with the nano clamp preventing it from opening far enough to go around tripod legs. Fixable with a spacer, but then it...
  11. M

I think I have a BH-25 kicking around here someplace, I'll see if I can find it and give it a go. (I know I have the BH-40, but that's way overkill). Given the small fortune in Tripod, Heads (Cube, which just got replaces by the KPS Geared head, thanks to Ken's Blog post for that hit to the...
  12. M

All bits finally arrived today from Amazon / B&H for trying this out. (I am in the middle east, I SO miss 'overnight' deliveries :( ) After initial construction, I have to say I'm impressed. It is simple, elegant and practical solution to the mounting problem. Thank you Ken, Don, and...
  13. M

Has anyone tried this with the new 12" MacBook ? (the 'Air' look alike). Regards Mark
  14. M

IQ3 Live View

I wonder what the trade in on a 180 (or a 160) will be, to upgrade to a 380. I've been hugging the 160 for a while now, but the 380 with long exposure, and the upgrade in MP does look attractive. - - - Updated - - - Ken, How does Xume work with things like he HR32 with its 90mm ring ...
  15. M

In my tests last year, Surface Pro 3 just doesn't output enough power to drive a passive hub, and drive external hard disks. (not even a 1TB flash drive / key). it 'kinda of works' but you find once copies start, things drop out. Caveat: These tests were with a card reader and a hard disk...
  16. M

Phase One IQ250 Initial Tech Camera Test Results

Thanks for the testing !. I'm sure you thought of this, as others have already mentioned it in other threads. But I think everyone would really like to know the results of (IMO) the 'Gold Standard' in wide Technical lenses. The Rodenstock HR 32mm Any idea when you might get to that...
  17. M

Lens hood on Rodenstock 32mm HR

Free Tip. Tape the Donut to the LEE holder. It is FAR to easy to drop it when attaching / removing, especially in the dodgy places we tend to use our cameras (edges of cliffs). No, I havn't dropped it yet, but I can very close, so now mine is affixed to the holder with some black gaffer...
  18. M

IQ260 lens choices

Welcome to Cambo Land !. On my WRS-AE and IQ-160 I use the following. HR-32mm SK-60mm SK-120mm I chose my lenses for exactly the same reason you are looking at: - Landscape - Maximum Stitching ability I also wanted a 3 lens kit. However I am seriously considering the 90mm. For...
  19. M

Mod delete please.

Nothing to see here, move along. Mod delete this please - Idiot in the house (found JLM's email address in another forum).
  20. M

Technical Camera Images

Iceland, Sea Stacks and Birds on the Snaefellsness Peninsula. Cambo WRS-AE, IQ160, HR 32mm, Shifted down some. Impossible to see in web sizes, but the stick between the rocks is a Lighthouse, and that is a ship on the Horizon under the Sun, both of which are clearly resolved at 100%. The...