The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. J

FS: Phase One IQ 180, XF body, and 80mm Schneider Kreuznach LS lens - 80mp IQ180

I'm now shooting Fuji, so my Phase is living in the safe. Everything is in top notch shape and is working flawlessly. The IQ180 back was recently sent to Phase One for a cleaning and check, where the back was fully cleaned, tuned up and recalibrated. The XF body is like new. Not long after...
  2. J

FS: Phase One IQ 180 and XF body, 45mm, 80mm, 150mm, 210mm (IQ180)

As a Fujifilm X-Photographer, I've fully moved into the Fujifilm GFX system. So, I've decided to sell all my Phase One gear. Everything is in top notch shape and is working flawlessly. The IQ180 back was recently sent to Phase One for a cleaning and check, where the back was fully cleaned, tuned...
  3. J

WARNING: Fuji GFX "Kastar" car charger does not work!

Just a heads up to all the Fujifilm GFX 50S users out there... I have been on the lookout for a car charger ever since the launch, as there's no Fujifilm OEM version. There is a Kastar dual battery charger for the GFX out there on eBay that is described as a 110v-240v AC and car charger...
  4. J

Hasselblad RAW editing in Capture One

I'm wondering if anyone is doing this, or if it can be done (without loss of IQ)? I know Capture One doesn't natively open Hasselblad RAW files, but what if you convert the RAW file to DNG, and then import into Capture One? Or what about 16 bit TIFF? I'm considering the Hasselblad X1D, but I'm...
  5. J

IQ260 Achromatic 800ISO Banding

Hi all, I've got a couple of images I'm having trouble with. I'm seeing both horizontal and vertical banding when printing. The banding is hardly visible on screen (if at all) with calibrated NEC PA-series 30" displays, but can be seen in print (and no, the printer is not the issue). Question...
  6. J

FS: Arca Swiss Rm3di, 43mm, 72mm, e-Module Cloud Kit

Well, as I re-evaluate where my photography is going these days, one thing has become clear: I just don't use this beauty enough to justify keeping her around. And like the saying goes, if you love something, let it go. And so, I'm offering up my entire Arca Swiss Rm3di kit. I would prefer to...
  7. J

Phase One XF impressions/reviews, so far?

For those who have actually taken possession of their new XF bodies, what are your impressions, so far (particularly compared to the DF+ body)? Thanks!
  8. J

Epson 9890 Print Head Problem

Can anyone identify what's going on here? I'm running Piezography inks on my new 9890 (about 3 weeks old), and when I went to run my daily nozzle check I got a blank spot on MK. I've now run several types of cleanings (including ones in service mode...except for the SS Cleaning), I have printing...
  9. J

Mamiya 55mm f/2.8 AF for digital

Can anyone comment on how this older lens from Mamiya would fare in front of an IQ180?
  10. J

WTB: Epson 7900/9900 Blocked Head

Hi there, I'm hoping someone out there has a permanently clogged Epson 7900/9900 head they'd be willing to part with for the cost of shipping. I'm trying to diagnose an Epson 9900 and a head I can swap would be a real help. Your head should be electrically working, even if it doesn't print...
  11. J

Epson 9900 Left Waste Ink Tank

So...I picked up a second-hand 9900 yesterday that "needs a bit of work". There are a few things wrong with this printer and I'm trying to narrow down the source of the problem(s). Hopefully it can be resurrected...but I'm aware of the uphill battle I'm starting on with the 9900. One thing...
  12. J

WTB: Alpa 12 TC kit or parts

Seems that curiosity is getting the better of me, and I've decided to take a look at an Alpa. Preferably the TC, but I'm open to other options for the right price. I already have an Arca Swiss Rm3di, so I don't need something like the Max...I'm looking for something you can shoot hand held...
  13. J

Importance of MFDB shot-count on second-hand gear

Since a MFDB has (basically) no moving parts, I'm wondering why would we care how many shots the back has on it (other than an indicator as to it's age and possible use/abuse)? Unlike a mechanical shutter in a body, it would seem to me that there's nothing really to go "bad" in a solid-state...
  14. J

HELP: Arca-Swiss E-module Cloud

Hello all, I'm currently on an Arctic expedition in Svalbard, and I'm having a major issue with my e-module Cloud. :cussing: Instead of lens selections, all I get are the numbers 000077, 000053, 000050, 000045, 000048, 1 0L83, 100067, and 000115 when I press the power button repeatedly. And...
  15. J

Arca Swiss E-Module Cloud Close-focus question

Does anyone have any personal experience with the A/S E-Module Cloud on normal to portrait (ie. 80mm to 150mm) lenses at closer focus distances (under 3m/10ft) for portrait work? So far, I have only used the system with wide lenses (43mm mainly), but am wondering how well it would work for...
  16. J

645DF+ Focusing issues - 1 year in

Hi everyone, So, I've now been using my Phase One P40+ back and 645DF+ system for about a year now, and I still haven't managed to iron out the issues I have with accurate focusing. A while ago I asked about the Maxwell focus screens as a fix, but because of mixed thoughts and no definitive...
  17. J

Maxwell Precision Optics focus screens

I was wondering if anyone has had any experiences with Maxwell Precision Optics focus screens, in general, and specifically on the Phase 645DF+? I'm looking to improve my manual focus accuracy, and am hoping this might help. I shoot a lot of headshots with an 80mm or 150mm lens and P40+ back...
  18. J

Fuji X-E1 Review

For anyone who's interested, I've just published my review of the Fujifilm X-E1 camera. Fujifilm X-E1 Review My overall impression of this camera is that, while they share much of their internals, it's not built to complement the X-Pro1 (which is really built for pros), but rather for what I...
  19. J

P+ ISO or "push" processing?

Generally speaking, when hand-holding with available light as the only option, is it better to use the + ISO setting on my P40+ back, or underexpose and push process the file in Capture One? I plan on running a few tests on my own, but am wondering if there's a general consensus on this already?
  20. J

DeWalt Toughsystem Cases

Wondering if anyone has picked up any of these modular cases as camera and gear cases? Seems like they might make a good on-location kit for strobes/power pack, camera system, laptop, etc., all mounted on one collapsible dolly. You'd have to add your own foam, but even still, not a bad price...