The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. Aryan Aqajani

FS: Mamiya DM22 (Leaf Aptus-II 5) Digital Back in Melbourne, AUS

Price reduced to US $4000 ONO, cheers :)
  2. Aryan Aqajani

FS: Mamiya DM22 (Leaf Aptus-II 5) Digital Back in Melbourne, AUS

I am considering to sell my mint condition almost brand new Mamiya DM22 digital back which I bought in 07/2011 from B&H as a kit back then. I am keeping the RZ67 Pro IID and lenses however, selling the back only. Therefore, there is no original packaging. The frame count on the back is 3873. I...
  3. Aryan Aqajani

Fun With Sony Cameras

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 and A7r series Thanks for the compliments :) I love my RZ and it is the camera that inspires me the most no matter I shoot film or digital! The whole setup is heavy as hell but satisfactory for me! We got this A7R to be used mainly by my wife and occasionally by me...
  4. Aryan Aqajani

Fun With Sony Cameras

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 and A7r series Hi everyone, I never thought I would buy a digital 35mm camera until this A7R came to market! Purchased it a month ago with a Voigtlander Nokton 50mm f/1.5 lens. My wife and I are really enjoying this combo :D The following shots were taken with a Canon...
  5. Aryan Aqajani

which one manual focus lens for A7r ?

Thanks Ben. I finally decided to get Voigtlander Nokton 50mm F/1.5 Aspherical and Voigtlander closeup adaptor! There are lots of options on old lenses but couldn't find a nice clean lens! I will defenetly get something around 85mm in near future :face smack: Can't wait to see what you do with...
  6. Aryan Aqajani

Thanks for the reply :) I had a look at B&H website but no luck finding the right one! The adapter is the one which converts Pentax K mounts to Sony NEX? Sorry for my dumb question as I have no experience with these adaptors!
  7. Aryan Aqajani

What adapter do you use for this lens Ben? Also, have you ever tried the f/1.2 version of it? More expensive though! Thanks,
  8. Aryan Aqajani

What digital back for Mamiya RZ IID

Just wanted to say I use my RZ67 Pro IID with DM22 (Leaf Aptus-II 5) back. I sold my 645 AFD III and replaced it with the RZ! Why? Simply, because I had so many photos out of focus using Mamiya 80mm f/1.9 N or even 80mm f/2.8 D lens. However, 90% of images taken with the RZ and digital back is...
  9. Aryan Aqajani

Fun with the RX-1

Wow, this is really impressive! Did you see any noticeable noise or hot pixel? I am considering to sell my Fuji X100 and get this beauty for my international travels doing long exposure with a very portable package!
  10. Aryan Aqajani

Architecture/Interior Design - Tech or that camera!

Thanks for suggestion but I am not in a position to get a quite modern back over 22MP like P45+ less than $15000 here in Australia! So, either I have to use my current DM22 back or opt out for a DSLR system! As mentioned before, there some serious limitations to my back when shooting long...
  11. Aryan Aqajani

Fun with the RX-1

Guys, have you done any long exposure, between 1 and 15 min with RX1? I am trying to find out how it performs on black and white long exposure photography! Cheers,
  12. Aryan Aqajani

Sony RX1

Has anyone tried long exposure over 1 min with this camera?
  13. Aryan Aqajani

Thanks mate for the sharing your experience, appreciate it. In my situation, I think it would be easier on my pocket to start with a DSLR setup and if need arises, just hire a tech system for a while! Again, have not decided yet but if I had a back like yours, decision making would be much...
  14. Aryan Aqajani

Geoff, I am well aware of the difference between a DSLR and MFDB (especially the real deal, 6x7 MF). I never ever go back to 35mm to shoot portrait, fashion as I am in love with tone and depth of filed that even my Dm22 back produce, no doubt about it! However, since it has so limitations for...
  15. Aryan Aqajani

I hear you loud! Each system has it's own limitations and compromises! Overall, it seems Canon is a better option! Still doing more research :D
  16. Aryan Aqajani

I am coming to this conclusion that maybe the easiest way to work with a tech camera is shooting tethered! Regardless of the system, many architectural photographers shoot tethered so that make it easy to compose and zoom in at 100% to get the focus right and confirm the shift movements! If...
  17. Aryan Aqajani

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

That was an interesting point Stan :)
  18. Aryan Aqajani

Thank you so much Chris for giving me your personal experience, appreciate it :) Matt, thank you :) Considering what other fellow photographers have told me, for architecture and interiors getting the focus right is not really that simple like shooting landscape which most folks set it at...
  19. Aryan Aqajani

Thank you Mal for sharing your experience :) I totally agree with you about taking my time to choose a system that would not force me to change to another one very soon! And since my budget is a bit limited at the moment, it makes me be more cautious with what I choose to purchase at the end...