The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. Rawfa

35mm with a swirly bokeh?

Hi guys, I´ve recently bought an Helios 58mm f2 for its´ low contrast and swirly bokeh. I´m looking for a 35mm fov lens with the same characteristics (and price haha) to use with my A7C. Any tips?
  2. Rawfa

Images darker on camera raw

Hi guys, I´ve been having trouble with camera raw as it is displaying my A7C raw files much darker than the original. I´ve downloaded lightroom and when I view the files in library mode the photos look exactly like they do on camera, but when I go to the Develop tab the same thing happens...
  3. Rawfa

Well exposed in camera / underexposed after

Hi guys, I´ve recently sold my A6500 and got an A7C. So far I love the camera, but I have a major complaint that I´m sure MUST have an easy fix. Whenever I´m taking a picture or recording a video, the image looks properly exposed on the LCD (0.0 or sometimes +0.3) but then I copy the files...
  4. Rawfa

A7rII with Canon AF database reference.

Has anyone tried the canon 28-105mmn?
  5. Rawfa

Camera raw not opening multiple files

Ryan, I went to Edit - Preferences - General but I could not find Show "Start" Workspaces When No Documents Are Open" anywhere.
  6. Rawfa

Thanks, I will give it a try.
  7. Rawfa

Fotodiox Pronto & Techart Pro VIDEO af?

Does anyone have either of these adapters and can shed a light on if their af on VIDEO MODE is as good as an e-mount native lens?
  8. Rawfa

A7RII crop vs A6500?

Does anyone here own both cameras? I was thinking about selling my A7RII and getting an A6500 and I was wondering how do they compare (the A7RII in crop mode, of course). I've recently bought a Sigma 30mm 1.4 that I've tested briefly with the A7RII and my conclusions were: - Soft image - AF...
  9. Rawfa

Jack, I don´t think you understood my question. I´m simply asking for help to fix a software bug.
  10. Rawfa

I was recently having issues with Photoshop (it was taking way too long to open), so I've tried a CS6 2017 trial and when I went back to the 2015 version my workflow stopped working. I would select several photos on Bridge, then open them on Camera Raw for some quick adjustments and then I would...
  11. Rawfa

A7RII's insane ISO!

Kind of dificult to shoot a bunch of moving subjects on a tripod. Like I said, I don't really see a situation where I would need such an extreme iso, but 3 generations ago iso 6400 was a limitation. Now 6400 is a piece of cake and this is a great thing...that's all.
  12. Rawfa

A7RII's insane ISO!

It's not that I'm like "Finally! Usable 104k iso!", but I just find it amazing that some years ago I shot a wedding with an A7 and I had to struggle to get some useful photos at iso 6400. Like 15 years ago I think most people would be happy to get usable iso 1600 :)
  13. Rawfa

A7RII's insane ISO!

Again, iso 104k...With a Canon 1.8...I think I shook a little bit.
  14. Rawfa

A7RII's insane ISO!

Still, iso 104k! This clean!
  15. Rawfa

A7RII's insane ISO!

I've been shooting more video these last years but I've recently upgrade from the A7II to the A7RII and I'm speechless regarding it's ISO. Back when I used the A7S and the D750 I was amazed at how good those cameras were shooting at iso 12000....I thought that the A7RII's iso performance would...
  16. Rawfa

Sigma mc-11 vs metabones

Many thanks for the info. Sadly ANY imports in Brazil have a 65% customs tax...the usual price for a Sony A7RII here ranges around us$3500 to us$5000.
  17. Rawfa

Sigma mc-11 vs metabones

I've read that the sigma mc-11 supports some advanced af features that the metabones does not support (lock-on af, eye af, PDAF on video mode). I was very excited about this but then I've read this article by Brian Smith How Good is Sigma's MC-11 Smart Adapter? where he has a list of compatible...
  18. Rawfa

Yongnuo and metabones?

Not for me. Anyone? My experience with canon lenses on my a7ii with the metabones adapter has been very good so far. I also shoot a lot o video and I was thinking of getting a second sony camera with less expensive lenses
  19. Rawfa

Yongnuo and metabones?

Does anyone know if the Yongnuo lenses for Canon work properly with the metabones and Sony's PDAF? They have a 35mm f2, a 50mm 1.8, an 85mm 1.8 and a 100mm f2.
  20. Rawfa

A7rII with Canon AF database reference.

Does anyone know if pdaf works on either the sigma 24-70mm 2.8 macro or the tamron 28-75mm 2.8 macro? (I' m not talking about the latest versions with is on the lens).