The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. R

Fuji X 80mm f2.8 macro

As soon as this hits the market I'm in. https://jonasraskphotography.com/2017/09/07/fujifilm-xf-80mm-f2-8-macro-review-closer-to-completion/
  2. R

Leica M3 set

Bought from Daniel Duarte. Perfect condition and even better than described. Fast shipping and excellent contact and updates. Thank you Daniel Ray
  3. R

Wacom Cintiq

Just purchased from member Don Libby. Super easy transaction and item arrived very quickly. Professionally packed. Don kept in touch all the way through. Very reassuring. Thanks Don. Ray
  4. R

50mm Summicron v Summilux

I have a very sharp Summicron V4 which has served me well for some years now. Now I have an offer to acquire a late version Summilux at a good price. Question. What, if any, advantage would I see over and above the the obvious gain of 1 stop? Thank you for any input Ray P.s using an M240...
  5. R

Fuji X updates

Firmware updates now available for the FUJIFILM X-T1, FUJIFILM X-T1 Graphite Silver Edition | Fujifilm Global Firmware updates now available for the FUJIFILM X-E2, FUJIFILM X-Pro1, FUJIFILM X-E1 | Fujifilm Global
  6. R

M240 sensor clean

This is probably old hat to most but I thought worth sharing to the uninitiated as I previously was. After buying my M240 late last year I was plagued with a constant dirty sensor. Cleaning became a weekly necessity. The camera seemed to be a magnet to dust spots and grunge. With no local...
  7. R

Fuji MF digital?

It's all getting very interesting Digital Medium Format Camera from Fujifilm coming by the end of summer? (new + anonymous source) | Fuji RumorsFuji Rumors
  8. R

Lens advise sought

I have an opportunity to purchase the Leica 35mm f1.4 Summilux ASPH FLE at a very good price. Nevertheless it's still a lot to lay out and before I make the leap I would appreciate advices as to whether I would see much improvement over my current VC Nokton Classic 35mm F1.4 MC which I use a lot...
  9. R

Fuji firmware updates

Latest updates Fujifilm Launches Firmware Update for the X-E1, X100s and X-E2 Cameras | Press Center | Fujifilm Canada
  10. R

Fuji X Online Magazine

Recently announced interactive magazine Fujifilm X Magazine | Fujifilm United Kingdom Looks promising
  11. R

Capture One support

Having recently acquired a second computer system I was confused with the procedure to transfer my Capture One catalog and workings across. I'm not at all computer "savvy" and turned to Phase for help. They were brilliant. Identifying my lack of knowledge they guided me through step by step...
  12. R

Love Story?

Sitting in a local hotel restaurant and this scene unfolded. I figure a first date and young love. They were oblivious to my snapping away. Took me back a few years. It seemed to have worked out well in the end. Canon 5DMK2 - Contax Zeiss N24-85mm
  13. R

Million dollar Leica

35mm Edwardian camera sells for £1.7m | The Sun |News
  14. R

The Siege of Ayutthaya Thailand

Just returned from a trip to the old Thai capital of Ayutthaya and caught a very good amateur performance of the ancient battles of the province. Real swords used (blunted) in the battles and sparks flying everywhere. Proud people very determined to honour their ancestors. Panasonic GX-1...
  15. R

Shooting film attracts friends.

I just responded to a thread on the RF forum about film and inquisitive onlookers and thought I'd share my recent experience here. I was shooting in an underground Thai temple only a few days ago with my Hexar RF and AF. A Thai guy with his Canon digital came up to and asked if his wife could...
  16. R

Konica Hexar RF dioptre

Bit confused about dioptres for my Hexar and hope someone can help. As I understand it the Hexar is a base -1 dioptre which allowing for my eyesight at +2 means I'll need a + 3 dioptre. I assume I'm correct here? Japan Exposures have a magnifier attachment available which seemingly...
  17. R

Eve Arnold passes away

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/culturenews/8995408/American-photographer-Eve-Arnold-dies-aged-99.html
  18. R

Unusual stereo rig

Came across this shooter and established that the rig is for stereo or 3D image projection. She has 2 Panasonic LX5's bolted on and the top camera moves via a slider to the user preference. Never seen anything like this before! [/url] Stereo/3D camera set up by Ray Evans1, on Flickr[/IMG]...
  19. R

Digital warriors

Oh! the discipline of film! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awq90APEVgw
  20. R

Thailand by Marc Schultz

Not my stuff (I wish) but a friend here in Thailand http://www.photographythailand.com/Galleries/Audio/navbar.html