The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. RVB

New Leica S firmware

Today Leica released the new Firmware version 2.0.0.1 and Image Shuttle 3.1,there is also a plug in for LR available in owners area. Details of update.. CONTENT OF LEICA S (TYP 007) FIRMWARE 2.0.0.1 Release date: November 2015 _ Improved auto focus performance especially in poor...
  2. RVB

New DXOMARK ..

For those of us that love obsessing over scores.. :) DxOMark by DxO - DxOMark
  3. RVB

The Hitchhiker...

I thought this was worth posting.. a picture of a weasel riding a woodpecker in flight.. This is what the photographer has to say about the picture of a weasel riding a woodpecker - Nature - Environment - The Independent
  4. RVB

Profoto B2

This is really interesting... small and light and looks versatile!! Profoto Blog -
  5. RVB

Carl Zeiss Lenses - "Stress test"

I thought some of you might find this short video from Zeiss interesting,I always wondered just how tough is high quality glass.. Rob https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVssYtOJP2U
  6. RVB

New Leica S firmware 2.4.1

Here's the info . New firmware update for the LEICA S // Global // About Leica News // Leica News // World of Leica - Leica Camera AG and here is the firmware Downloads // Support // Service & Support - Leica Camera AG
  7. RVB

New E mount Zeiss..

This may have been posted already but there is a new E mount Zeiss lens announced.... Loxia 2/35 | ZEISS International
  8. RVB

New G-Speed arrays with Thunderbolt 2

Hi all,I thought some of the Mac Pro users here might be interested in these new drives from G-Tech.. (one of the few drive makers I trust..) G-SPEED Studio (RAID) | G-Technology
  9. RVB

Forget 4K.. 8k is on the way..

Sharp are already working on 8K screens.. just imagine how good this will look,although at this res you would need minimum 33" for editing to discern details. First 8K OLED Notebook Display In Progress
  10. RVB

DXO publish their Leica S test..

I'm not sure how much value there is to be found in DXO's testing but this may be interesting to S/S2 owners.. Leica S sensor review: Consummate performer? - DxOMark
  11. RVB

Hasselblad CMOS 50 announced

Hi all... here is the press release.. This will certainly shake up the MF business... Press Release Gothenburg, January 21, 2014 Hasselblad set to launch world’s first medium format CMOS sensor camera Hasselblad is set to launch the world's first 50MP medium format camera using CMOS sensor...
  12. RVB

Sigma 50mm 1.4 Art

So Sigma have released a new rt series Lens,the 50mm.. 50mm F1.4 DG HSM | Art - Standard Prime Lenses - SigmaPhoto.com ,it will be very interesting to see how this preforms another the magical Otus..
  13. RVB

What can a building teach a photographer?

I thought this short video by Andy Romanoff was pretty interesting... it might be worth a look... Photographer Andy Romanoff's residency at the Pacific Design Center 2013 - YouTube
  14. RVB

New sensor from Hasselblad/Sony??

If this is true (and I hope it is) it will be interesting.. Hasselblad and Sony Reportedly Teaming Up On Revolutionary New Sensor Time will tell but it could be just what Hasselblad needs to get their MF system back in the mix..
  15. RVB

Canon 4K Monitor

Canon enters the monitor market with a 4K 30" panel.. Canon Professional Network - Canon enters new market with professional 4K reference display
  16. RVB

New super fast raid storage from Pegasus

PROMISE Technology Announces Pegasus2 and SANLink2 This looks pretty cool and at 20gbps it's super quick.. available in up to 32Tb,prefect for the new Mac Pro :thumbup:
  17. RVB

New Mac pro..

Mac Pro - Buy Mac Pro Computers - Apple Store (U.S.) Apple have added the Mac pro to the Apple store,not actually shipping until december but you can get a look at the price of the base model ... New MBP too with super fast drive and new low power consumption CPU..
  18. RVB

Landscape Photographer of the Year Awards 2013

Some images from the Telegraph's Landscape photographer pf the year 2013 competition Take a View - Landscape Photographer of the Year Awards 2013 - Telegraph
  19. RVB

Nikon's new 50mm 1.4

Nikon | News | AF-S NIKKOR 58mm f/1.4G So Nikon have released their new 58mm 1.4 lens.. I like the fact that it has a filter size of 72mm and a 9 bladed aperture.. and MTF looks quite good..
  20. RVB

Leica S45mm announced..

Leica have just released a new 45mm lens for the S system. LEICA ELMARIT-S 45 MM f/2.8 ASPH. (CS) / System / Home Page - LEICA Camera AG