The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. M

SOLD: Sony A7RII Kolari modified v3 with extras

Sony A7RII in beautiful condition, modified by Kolari with a thinner sensor cover-- at an added cost of $500.00. This is the latest version of the Kolari modification. The Kolari conversion dramatically improves the image quality with Leica M mount wide lenses. Comes with all original packaging...
  2. M

SOLD: Techart Leica M to Sony E AUTOFOCUS adapter

SOLD: $335.00 Payment method: PayPal Item condition: 10 Preowned equipment, but appears as new Brand new, just arrived techart LM-EA7 I was on the pre-order list, placed my order in early February and just got it. It DOES work! Allows for autofocus with any M mount lens, or any lens that can...
  3. M

WTB: Fogg B Sharp bag

Looking for a Fogg B Sharp, preferably in mint/ mint minus condition.
  4. M

White Lightning Studio Lighting cheap!

For Sale, two Paul Buff White Lightning units, both in excellent condition. 1. X1600 Unit, perfect working condition, with soft case, cord, standard reflector and protective cap. Asking $300.00 shipped and paypaled in the CONUS. 2. X800 Unit perfect working condition, except modeling bulb...
  5. M

WTB: Rolleiflex, mint and functioning

Looking for a mint/mint- Rolleiflex 2.8F, GX, FX
  6. M

SF-26 and flash exposure comp on M240?

Based on Leica's assertion that the SF-26 is compatible with all the current series, I picked one up today. Maybe I'm missing something here, but there appears to be no way to set flash exposure comp-- nothing on the flash itself, nor in the menu for the M240-- Have I totally missed it?
  7. M

WTB 50mm Elmarit M

Looking for a modern version 50mm Elmarit M, black or chrome, preferably with box, etc.
  8. M

Old school (M4) or new school (M240)?

I've slid into a creative morass for the last few months, feel like shaking things up a bit. I've been shooting a sony a7r with M mount lenses, and for the last few years have been printing larger and larger- 30x40ish, but I am now of course running into the lack of wall space that usually...
  9. M

Zeiss 15mm f2.8 ZM on A7r?

Anyone tried this combination? Scouring the web yields only a couple images...
  10. M

Leica 21 and/or 24mm Summilux on A7r?

Anyone tried either of these combinations first hand, or have links to information? I'm not overly optimistic about the possibilities, but hope does spring eternal....
  11. M

A7r and 75mm Summilux

Thought ahead enough to pack the A7r and 75mm Summilux in the fast drive to the hospital bag! Shot at f1.4
  12. M

35mm RF lenses on A7r?

As I piece together a set of lenses for my A7r, Im looking for a small(ish), light, semi-fast 35mm. I already have the CV 35mm f1.2, but Im thinking something small for when I want to travel light. Considering the Zeiss Biogon f2 ZM, 35mm Summicron ASPH, 4th Version Summicron, maybe even CV...
  13. M

Fast 50's wide open on A7r

Had a few minutes this afternoon to try a quick test for center resolution-- shooting wide open I am not usually concerned about the corners Yes, I am aware of the unscientific nature of the test, finest jpegs arent going to reveal what a raw file would, etc. BUT, these are at least...
  14. M

a7/A7r and the twilight of camera systems?

So, I was thinking this morning-- and just posted Dpr In the film days, we would buy into a system, based on both camera bodies and lenses. You had to weigh the ergonomics, features, and production cycle (sometimes 8 years) of the body AND the lens lineup-- which lenses fit your style best...
  15. M

Utterly non-scientific A7r super fast 50mm shots

Just received a Canon 50mm f0.95 TV lens and Sony Nex adapter-- just wanted to take a quick comparison shot, after having heard how soft these are wide open. Hand held, just a quick three shot test, with the Olympus 50mm f1.2, Canon EF 50mm f1.2 and Canon 50mm f0.95-- All manually focused with...
  16. M

A7/r users, Eye Focus??

I've had my A7r in hand for a few days now, finally have it set up properly-- but I have been completely unable to figure out how to activate the eye focus feature-- Anyone using/ testing this? What combination of settings is necessary?
  17. M

FS: Leica M9 mint in box, zeiss 21, 35, grip

fs: 1. mint in box Leica M9, all papers, unfilled warranty card, 2 extra aftermarket batteries, silver (worn) thumbs up. Extremely low shutter count. Asking $4900.00, buyer pays paypal and shipping. 2. Zeiss 21mm f2.8 biogon ZM, like new in box with Zeiss hood, also like new in box. ASking...