The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. K

Voigtlander 110mm APO Lanthar ?

I have read conflicting reports about this lens (for example digilloyd rejected it). Has anyone here purchased or rented one and shot it seriously, on a tripod, etc. ? I don't own any native E-Mount lenses but am looking for something long with really good resolution, no distortion, minimal...
  2. K

Is this moiré pattern indicative of a sharp lens or some sort of problem ?

Sony A7RII at ISO 50, 75mm Color-Heliar at f/5.6 I presume the moiré pattern appears due to interference between the pattern of the window screen and the sensor matrix. I have taken other photos of the same building from different distances and the moiré pattern does not appear. Does this...
  3. K

Medium length lenses without pinchushion/barrel distortion sharp to edges ?

I'm looking for a lens I can use on my A7RII for architectural details which will require minimal post-processing to correct barrel/pincushion distortion and which is truly sharp out to the edges. Somewhere between 100 and 300mm. I generally shoot on a tripod and for stationary subjects...
  4. K

Extension bellows for Sony A7R series ?

Does anyone make an extension bellows which will fit on a Sony A7R camera ? I have an inexpensive set of extension tubes, but they are prone to flare and awkward in use. Thanks !
  5. K

Please recommended an affordable light tripod for travel

I will traveling and would like to find an affordable tripod (for my Sony A7RII) which is light-weight, folds up small enough to go into a backpack, extends to normal height and has a decent head. Can anyone recommend one ? Many thanks.
  6. K

Feedback on 50mm f/3.5 Heliar (non-collapsible) ?

Do any of our esteemed members have some images or feedback to share ? My 55mm Micro Nikkor is a superb performer but with adapter it's not very small or light. For travel purposes and affordability I'm drawn to the small form-factor and comparatively modest price of the Heliar 3.5 as a light...
  7. K

Please recommend a manual Nikon-A7RII adapter

My adapter for Nikon to Sony A7RII was delightfully inexpensive, but it leaks. Can anyone recommend a good brand ? I don't need auto-focus or auto-aperture: I just want to use some of my old Nikon manual focus lenses. Thanks !
  8. K

DxO sharpness ratings of FE lenses: Zooms vs. Primes

Sorry if this is a perennial question... I've been shooting Large Format for a long time and am finally considering a digital camera. My typical print size is 16x20 inches and the A7Rii can produce those at 300dpi with no up-scaling required. Looking at FE lenses for the A7rii on DxOMark, I...
  9. K

Good zoom in range of 50-100mm for A7RII ?

I shoot almost all my photos in the range between 50 and 100m in full-frame terms. The wonderful new 24-70 lenses are a bit short for my shooting style. Can anyone recommend a zoom in the roughly 50-100mm range, appropriate for the A7RII ? While we're on the subject, is there a 75mm prime...
  10. K

Sony A6500 and NEX cameras: same sensor ?

I had an NEX-7 in 2012 and found that once the ISO got past 400, the data I pulled from the shadows was rather noisy. Some photos I made in low light look more like drawings when enlarged substantially. I'm considering getting the current model in the series, an A6500 (or one of the more...
  11. K

A7R - shutter vibration issues ?

Sorry if this has been covered here already or is controversial. I have read online that there are vibration issues with the A7R at certain shutter speeds, which degrade sharpness. Is this FUD ? Have members here done any tests at different shutter speeds to determine the facts for...